Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Juve-Parma was quite a game!!! However, there were many fouls. I am not surprised, since Tacchinardi, Davids, Bolaño and Baggio were all playing. What I'm really concerned about are the consequences some of these faults had. Iuliano had to be substituted by Tudor, and Davids was in such a pain I could've thought he had broken a leg.

Does anyone know more about Iuliano's and David's condition?

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
I haven't seen the game yet, haven't got Rai and i live in Australia. I hope Davids and Iuliano are fit to play because we need to be at full strength to beat Perugia on sunday.

------------------
CUG

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to the Juve site, both Davids and Iuliano twisted their knees. It said that the injuries did not appear serious but that Iuliano will be checked tomorrow to determine his fitness. My guess is that Davids is in the better condition. Marco left the match and Edgar looked to be in considerable pain. We shall know more tomorrow.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually I believe the site said that both Iuliano and Davids will have their fitness checked tomorrow.

Also, remember that Tudor is suspended because (i) being on diffidati status, he picked up a yellow card immediately after coming into the game on Sunday for grabbing Amoroso's shirt when he was still a long way from our goal, and (ii) he is too stupid to trust wearing sharpened cleats on his boots when there are other people around.

Zen9

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Injury Front

From the Juve site, the following:

1. The squad regrouped and were operating a strict policy of ´no comment´, as the controversy surrounding Fabio Cannavaro´s disallowed goal on Sunday gathered pace. It is clear that the policy will continue all week in order to allow the players to prepare best for Sunday´s decider at Perugia.

2. Mark Iuliano did not take part as he if forced to rest due to problems with his left knee joint. He should be back Wednesday or Thursday. Riccardo Agricola, the club medic, described the player´s progress as "satisfactory".

3. The diagnosis for Edgar Davids is much better. The Dutch midfielder is now fully fit and back in training having suffered some slight bruising to his left knee.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On Tuesday afternoon the club will assess the fitness of defender Mark Iuliano, who suffered a twisted knee, as did Edgar Davids. The injuries, however, are not regarded as serious. The squad is otherwise at full strength with the exception of Daniel Fonseca.

------------------

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, guys...

I am anxious no more (about the injuries, of course...)I'm already without nails thanks to the Scudetto race!!!!! :) :)

------------------
G3ORG3

FoRzA JuVe

fOrZa BiAnCoNeRi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts