Xtratime Community banner
61 - 61 of 61 Posts

· Registered
1,129 Posts
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=333190&cc=3436
SOCCERNET
Larsson returns to full training

MADRID, May 12 (Reuters) - Swedish striker Henrik Larsson is delighted to have made a return to full training at Barcelona after six months out with a serious knee ligament injury.

'I felt great and am very happy about it,' the 33-year-old former Celtic player told the Barcelona website on Thursday. 'I was really looking forward to this day having been out for so many weeks and months.

'I've only rested at weekends, otherwise I've been doing exercises with the physios twice a day every day even when my team mates have had days off. It has been very hard but now I'm really happy.'

Larsson, who joined Barca on a one-year contract in the close season after seven highly successful years at Celtic, tore the cruciate ligament in his left knee during his side's 3-0 victory over Real Madrid last November.

The club responded to the injury by renewing his contract for an extra season.

The Swede is the third of Barca's long-term absentees to return to training in recent weeks.

Midfielder Thiago Motta has played in three league games since returning to action last month while his fellow Brazilian Edmilson was in the squad for last weekend's match against Valencia.

Spanish defender Gabri, who like the other three also tore ligaments in his knee, is ex
pected to return before the end of the season.

61 - 61 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.