Xtratime Community banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

· Registered
9,404 Posts
Barcawinner said:
We need to sign someone like Carvalho, Nesta, Terry, Ferdinand or Campbell. Or invest in the future and sign Kompany.
kompany is the only player we can afford to buy(from the players mentionned above),he's a good and tall defender and he would be a great signing for us!
now we should forget about possible signings,and hopefully oleguer will be better in this second part of the season! :devil:

· Defunk'ed
7,816 Posts
GUESSS WHAT....

Motta might be on his way back as soon as the Chelsea fixture in exactly a month from now. YAYYYYY. So basically we get 2 DMs in the same day. Allbertini and the imminent early recovery of Motta :)

· Registered
2,735 Posts
husain_14 said:
GUESSS WHAT....

Motta might be on his way back as soon as the Chelsea fixture in exactly a month from now. YAYYYYY. So basically we get 2 DMs in the same day. Allbertini and the imminent early recovery of Motta :)
Hmm, glad to hear if it's true, I really miss Motta :sob:

· Registered
565 Posts
Barcawinner said:
Source husain ?
Well, it's not actually oficial. "Sport" says he wants to be able to play against Chelsea. Motta has to finish the final portion of his recovery in Barcelona and then he will ahve to travel to the US to visit the docter that operated on his leg. IF the doc gives him the green light, then he can play. Let's see if all of this goes as planned.

· In Pep, We Trust!
6,144 Posts
CampNou said:
Well, it's not actually oficial. "Sport" says he wants to be able to play against Chelsea. Motta has to finish the final portion of his recovery in Barcelona and then he will ahve to travel to the US to visit the docter that operated on his leg. IF the doc gives him the green light, then he can play. Let's see if all of this goes as planned.
what about his fitness? dosen't it take time for players like him who were out for a long time to get back to their old fitness! if gets back on that date then i dont think he will be 100% but still it is amazing to have him back.

· Registered
2,735 Posts
FC Barcelona9 said:
what about his fitness? dosen't it take time for players like him who were out for a long time to get back to their old fitness! if gets back on that date then i dont think he will be 100% but still it is amazing to have him back.
Probaly take some time ( a period) before he will be in shape, he has been out for a long time now :frownani:

· Boti Boti Boti
10,305 Posts
I don't think it is wise AT ALL to rush anyone back from these knee injuries. They are brutal and coming back even a little bit early will defninitely mean a big re-injury that can potentially end a career. After all the physio work is done, the players still have to very carefully test the load and strain their knees can take (especially moving laterally) in training, and only after they are 100% in a few training sessions can they even be considered in playing condition.
Knowing Rijkaard's demeanour, I am pretty much sure he will wait as long as possible to re-introduce Motta and company back into the lineup, especially with Marquez doing so well so far at DM. The need just isn't there for un-necessary risks at this point of the season, with a lead in La Liga and the Champions League matches coming 2 weeks apart. So for me, the longer they wait to come back, the better.

· Defunk'ed
7,816 Posts
Well the article says Motta should be coming back by this weekend back from Brazil and on the way to Barcelona he will stop over in the US at the physio's clinic who treated him so that he could have a full checkup of his progress. If he is given the green light he will come back to the Barcelona and integrate himself into the training sessions (light training at first i believe) and like this start the third and final part of his recovery programme. Still is one month more to go for the Chelsea match. I wouldnt definitely rule out him making an appearance on the bench atleast before that game even.

BTW Zyad, any progress on my favour ? :)

· Boti Boti Boti
10,305 Posts
husain_14 said:
Well the article says Motta should be coming back by this weekend back from Brazil and on the way to Barcelona he will stop over in the US at the physio's clinic who treated him so that he could have a full checkup of his progress. If he is given the green light he will come back to the Barcelona and integrate himself into the training sessions (light training at first i believe) and like this start the third and final part of his recovery programme. Still is one month more to go for the Chelsea match. I wouldnt definitely rule out him making an appearance on the bench atleast before that game even.

BTW Zyad, any progress on my favour ? :)
Yeah man, I'm still working on it... it's not easy to find a converter software, and I don't want to lose the menus while re-encoding to PAL, but don't worry, I'll have it done soon... What's really worrying me is that I can't be sure if the end priduct worked because there's no way for me to check a PAL format disc here, until I get a hold of this guy I know who has a multi-system TV.
I wanna make sure I do everything perfectly before sending it out (especially since I've never done it before).

· In Pep, We Trust!
6,144 Posts
http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=46246&progr=10

Motta Nearing Barca Return

Barcelona midfielder Thiago Motta has returned from Brazil where he has been recovering from his knee ligament injury.
The player has been out of action since the second match of the season against Sevilla.

Now the Brazilian is targeting a return to first-team action against Chelsea in the Champions League on March 8.

Edmilson will also play again this season, but Gabri and Henrik Larsson will be out for some time yet.

· Registered
9,700 Posts
for the defender you guys talk about, I'd rather Barca give away Gerard in a switch with any defender, so it would be great to go for Perea the atletico madrid player, so it would be Money + Gerard, deal that wouldn't be a no from Atletico, at the moment they are in talk of trying to sign Gerard from Barca next season!
so why don't we take this in our hands and go forward in such deal!

we still have 4 to 6 players in our hand we could include in any transfer deal we are thinking of next season, specialy that we in talk of letting Riquelme + Saviola + Rochemback out of our hands and sell them this summer!
so we could use Rochemback + Riquelme + Saviola + Sergio Garcia + Oscar Lopez and even Gerard, in any deal we have, so it would be moeny + a player, that would give other teams a good signing deal, specialy if it comes to players like the quality of Saviola and Riquelme, don't forget we have to ease off some of the money in salaries for the players

so I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather go for it this way, it would be good for us, we will get some of the players that not needed off our hands, and we could force some teams to take our offers seriously cause they would sign a player in the other hand of letting a player go to anyother team.

Visca el Barca

· In Pep, We Trust!
6,144 Posts
Barca King said:
for the defender you guys talk about, I'd rather Barca give away Gerard in a switch with any defender, so it would be great to go for Perea the atletico madrid player, so it would be Money + Gerard, deal that wouldn't be a no from Atletico, at the moment they are in talk of trying to sign Gerard from Barca next season!

we still have 4 to 6 players in our hand we could include in any transfer deal we are thinking of next season, specialy that we in talk of letting Riquelme + Saviola + Rochemback out of our hands and sell them this summer!
so we could use Rochemback + Riquelme + Saviola + Sergio Garcia + Oscar Lopez and even Gerard, in any deal we have, so it would be moeny + a player, that would give other teams a good signing deal, specialy if it comes to players like the quality of Saviola and Riquelme, don't forget we have to ease off some of the money in salaries for the players

so I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather go for it this way, it would be good for us, we will get some of the players that not needed off our hands, and we could force some teams to take our offers seriously cause they would sign a player in the other hand of letting a player go to anyother team.

Visca el Barca
Perea was amazing in our match against Atletico he killed our attack, our attackers couldn't move around because of him. I am not quite sure if his performances are consistent I dont normally watch matches for Atletico if someone who watches Atletico matches it would be nice to tell us more about him and his form!

· Registered
1,725 Posts
Barca King said:
Gerard's contract will be up in june, so the only we way we can use Gerard in a deal would be if we actually extend his contract, which doesnt look that promising. Atletico aren't daft, and I am sure they know that Gerard could leave on a Bosman Free Transfer this summer. But I do agree that we need a defender to replace Oleguer and add some steal. I wouldn't mind having Edmilson play as a Defender, he's height will be definately a positive thing, and then focus and bringing a quality Defensive Midfielder.

· Registered
2,091 Posts
Larsson on schedule

Barcelona's Henrik Larsson is delighted with his progress after the knee injury that left him contemplating retirement - but will not risk hurrying back.
The Swedish icon admits that having the chance to kick a ball around again has been a major relief.
"I ran out on the pitch and I played with the ball," Larsson told Expressen.
"It is a terrific feeling to touch the ball. The knee feels good.
"I haven't had any setbacks. I am working according to the timetable and, for me, it is a matter of being back for next season."

skysports.planetfootball.com

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.