Xtratime Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· In Pep, We Trust!
6,144 Posts
i was never convinced with gerard when he played in one match as a DM he was totally confused watching marquez play as a DM is much better he communicates much better with xavi and deco, it is exactly the opposite for gerard, but still we have to give him some time to adapt like what we have done with marquez.

· In Pep, We Trust!
6,144 Posts
Emirho said:
He really sucks in some matches.. :rollani: No control in the defence.
Motta:March :sob: :(
he was amazing against madrid!! he killed figo stopped most of the balls in defence, sometimes he has his good games and sometimes he does really bad.

· In Pep, We Trust!
6,144 Posts
CampNou said:
Well, it's not actually oficial. "Sport" says he wants to be able to play against Chelsea. Motta has to finish the final portion of his recovery in Barcelona and then he will ahve to travel to the US to visit the docter that operated on his leg. IF the doc gives him the green light, then he can play. Let's see if all of this goes as planned.
what about his fitness? dosen't it take time for players like him who were out for a long time to get back to their old fitness! if gets back on that date then i dont think he will be 100% but still it is amazing to have him back.

· In Pep, We Trust!
6,144 Posts
http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=46246&progr=10

Motta Nearing Barca Return

Barcelona midfielder Thiago Motta has returned from Brazil where he has been recovering from his knee ligament injury.
The player has been out of action since the second match of the season against Sevilla.

Now the Brazilian is targeting a return to first-team action against Chelsea in the Champions League on March 8.

Edmilson will also play again this season, but Gabri and Henrik Larsson will be out for some time yet.

· In Pep, We Trust!
6,144 Posts
Barca King said:
for the defender you guys talk about, I'd rather Barca give away Gerard in a switch with any defender, so it would be great to go for Perea the atletico madrid player, so it would be Money + Gerard, deal that wouldn't be a no from Atletico, at the moment they are in talk of trying to sign Gerard from Barca next season!
so why don't we take this in our hands and go forward in such deal!

we still have 4 to 6 players in our hand we could include in any transfer deal we are thinking of next season, specialy that we in talk of letting Riquelme + Saviola + Rochemback out of our hands and sell them this summer!
so we could use Rochemback + Riquelme + Saviola + Sergio Garcia + Oscar Lopez and even Gerard, in any deal we have, so it would be moeny + a player, that would give other teams a good signing deal, specialy if it comes to players like the quality of Saviola and Riquelme, don't forget we have to ease off some of the money in salaries for the players

so I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather go for it this way, it would be good for us, we will get some of the players that not needed off our hands, and we could force some teams to take our offers seriously cause they would sign a player in the other hand of letting a player go to anyother team.

Visca el Barca
Perea was amazing in our match against Atletico he killed our attack, our attackers couldn't move around because of him. I am not quite sure if his performances are consistent I dont normally watch matches for Atletico if someone who watches Atletico matches it would be nice to tell us more about him and his form!

· In Pep, We Trust!
6,144 Posts
I think he is really going to get back soon, he is now in the final stages of his injury he needs match fitness and he would be back. But i think Rijkaard is satisfied with the current formation that he might stick to it, or maybe drop Albertini take Marquez back in defence and start playing Motta and Gerard as DM's in turns

· In Pep, We Trust!
6,144 Posts
R10eDeus said:
I doubt he'll be back for Chelsea. He's just started to train with the ball again, and it'll take maybe another month to get him back to match fitness.
it doesnt matter how long it takes for him to get back on the pitch as long as he is not rushing himself from a dangerous injury like this. I have seen players retire because of continous knee injuries, we can't afford this to happen we need him back as he left the squad at a 100% fitness nothing less!!

· In Pep, We Trust!
6,144 Posts
That is really something amazing to hear, I can't wait to see Edmilson given another chance to prove his qualities. I hope he proves everyone who doubted him wrong!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.