Xtratime Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,155 Posts
Fargo said:
No, he didn't.

What's with the Oleguer hate lately? He ain't very talented, and he was better last season than he has been this season, but he ain't THAT bad as some of you try to give the impression of...
I agree with you. Obviously, he's not Puyol, but he is not a bad player. Maybe we would like to see something better, but Oleguer is doing fine overall. He did well last season and he's doing well too. He has enough level to be in Barcelona, if not in the starting XI, at least, as a back up.

When I see him in the team I don't feel unsafe in the back. He's not the best thing on Earth, but he's a good complement for Puyol. I'm happy with Oleguer.

40,155 Posts
Barcawinner said:
I dont feel safe with Oleguer in the back at all! Its always him or Belletti making the mistakes > :scream:
Not everyone is perfect... a defender fails as any other player. If not, we would have receive 0 goals, but it's not the case. So there are things to improve, that's for sure, but on the other hand, I think that this is the best Barça defense that I've seen in my life. Cruyff's one receive more goals, for example.

Maybe I have the last Frank De Boer, Bogarde or Christanval too fresh in my mind... man, that was a pain. It's the most reliable defense in decades!!

40,155 Posts
Wembley said:

:frownani: :smileani: I have just watch in Antena3 (Spanish channel) Larsson touching the ball, jumping, running..ARGH I'M SO HAPPY!
They said in the nwes that he isn't feeling any pain! I don't know if he is going to be back for this season..
As far as I know, he still has a lot of work to do and it would be difficult to see him before the end of the season. I wouldn't force him to go back, if it is not necessary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.