Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jorquera: JANUARY
Gerard: JANUARY/FEBRUARY
Motta: MARCH
Gabri: MARCH/APRIL
Edmilson: APRIL


When will Giuly be back?

(PS: We don't have to talk about Larsson in this thread :sob: )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,038 Posts
Sure about these? I hear good signs of Motta...

Gerard is late January. Jorquera is early January I think. Marquez is ready!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fargo said:
Sure about these? I hear good signs of Motta...

Gerard is late January. Jorquera is early January I think. Marquez is ready!
Well these (Motta, Edmilson, Gabri) are based upon those 6 months reports.
 

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
1,944 Posts
Don't forget that with such long term injuries, Motta, Edmilson and Gabri will probably need a couple of weeks at least to get back into form.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
Oh, I miss Gerard a lot :( When Gerard comes back, we can kick Oleguer out. Marquez will play with Puyol at the heart of our defence, and Gerard will play as DM. It's totally better.
 

·
In Pep, We Trust!
Joined
·
6,149 Posts
i was never convinced with gerard when he played in one match as a DM he was totally confused watching marquez play as a DM is much better he communicates much better with xavi and deco, it is exactly the opposite for gerard, but still we have to give him some time to adapt like what we have done with marquez.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,800 Posts
ZKat said:
Oh, I miss Gerard a lot :( When Gerard comes back, we can kick Oleguer out. Marquez will play with Puyol at the heart of our defence, and Gerard will play as DM. It's totally better.
What is wrong with Oleguer? :frustrat:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,405 Posts
Stygmata said:
What is wrong with Oleguer? :frustrat:
he played really badly these last few games and made a lot of mistakes!! :mad:
we really need another great CD to partner puyol in the heart of the defence! :devil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,698 Posts
as I've seen and know for now..

Jorquera is back and is in the sub's lineup.

Motta, Edmilson and Gabri will need too much time to get back from these damn 6 monthes injuries

and I hope Gerard comes back to be a backup for Marquez and give us something on the bench too look at in need of sub.



Visca el Barca
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
Stygmata said:
What is wrong with Oleguer? :frustrat:
Oh, Oleguer always gives his best to the team, but he's not good enough to be a first team player for Barca. He got his chance when Motta, Edmilson, Gerard, Gabri all were injured. But he can not prove his worth to the team.

I did'nt mean that Gerard can play as DM better than Marquez. I want to say that the trio Puyol - Marquez - Gerard will be better than Puyol - Oleguer - Maquez. Marquez's passes in the match against Sociedad were bad, really bad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
Hey mates, that's from our offical website:


Gerard in training


Midfielder Gerard López continues on the road back to full fitness and, after a session in the gym, went through his paces on Tuesday morning at the La Masía training grounds.

Giuly, Deco, Rubén, Márquez, Sylvinho, Puyol, Xavi and Larsson also made an appearance at the gym.
 

·
In Pep, We Trust!
Joined
·
6,149 Posts
Emirho said:
He really sucks in some matches.. :rollani: No control in the defence.
Motta:March :sob: :(
he was amazing against madrid!! he killed figo stopped most of the balls in defence, sometimes he has his good games and sometimes he does really bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,038 Posts
fc barcelona said:
he had some good games but he played really bad this season overall!! :stress:
No, he didn't.

What's with the Oleguer hate lately? He ain't very talented, and he was better last season than he has been this season, but he ain't THAT bad as some of you try to give the impression of...
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Fargo said:
No, he didn't.

What's with the Oleguer hate lately? He ain't very talented, and he was better last season than he has been this season, but he ain't THAT bad as some of you try to give the impression of...
I agree with you. Obviously, he's not Puyol, but he is not a bad player. Maybe we would like to see something better, but Oleguer is doing fine overall. He did well last season and he's doing well too. He has enough level to be in Barcelona, if not in the starting XI, at least, as a back up.

When I see him in the team I don't feel unsafe in the back. He's not the best thing on Earth, but he's a good complement for Puyol. I'm happy with Oleguer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,800 Posts
Koeman4 said:
I agree with you. Obviously, he's not Puyol, but he is not a bad player. Maybe we would like to see something better, but Oleguer is doing fine overall. He did well last season and he's doing well too. He has enough level to be in Barcelona, if not in the starting XI, at least, as a back up.

When I see him in the team I don't feel unsafe in the back. He's not the best thing on Earth, but he's a good complement for Puyol. I'm happy with Oleguer.
Agree :thmbup:
And now stop it with the Oleguerbashing dammit! :frustrat:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont feel safe with Oleguer in the back at all! Its always him or Belletti making the mistakes > :scream:
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Barcawinner said:
I dont feel safe with Oleguer in the back at all! Its always him or Belletti making the mistakes > :scream:
Not everyone is perfect... a defender fails as any other player. If not, we would have receive 0 goals, but it's not the case. So there are things to improve, that's for sure, but on the other hand, I think that this is the best Barça defense that I've seen in my life. Cruyff's one receive more goals, for example.

Maybe I have the last Frank De Boer, Bogarde or Christanval too fresh in my mind... man, that was a pain. It's the most reliable defense in decades!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,405 Posts
it's the "puyol effect",he does the job of 2 players at the same time and if we aren't conceding a lot of goals it's mostly due to his outstanding performances
he's the soul of the team! :star: and i really can't imagine our defence without him!! :eek:
 
1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Top