Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and Happy new year!! ;)

I wondered who was your favourite between those two great players, and who will begin parties..
Personnally I think that Giuly will lose his place.. :moan: Iniesta is really impressive and I think he will be more efficient in the game that a giuly can be, Giuly is under exploited in your system, in effect he is always forgotten near the line, on the other hand Iniesta is everywhere!! Running shooting passing, he has undoubtebly more influence on the game that Giuly can do...

Or maybe do you think they can be together on the field...
Hope Giuly won't be on the bench and be touched by the doom that several frenchies in Barcelona undergoned. (used a translator for this word dunno if it is correct :dielaugh: )

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Giuly's been injured for a while, that's why you haven't seen him play. If he's 100%, he will most likely start at the right. He had a very productive few games at the start of the season and I would like for him to resume that kind of form.

I like both equally, they both have their own characteristics that make them great players. Giuly is more of a forward who constantly attacks the goal and Iniesta is more of a playmaker ala Xavi.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
love iniesta, but he is not a wing player. our team has lost a lot of its danger not having Giuly to terrorize on the wing. iniesta is not dangerous for beating players wide. he is good in the middle. although to be fair he has held his own while truly playing out of position, scoring a couple of goals, but he really is not a wing player. i love that despite playing out of position he has sacrificed for the team and been quite impressive doing so. more young talent like Iniesta, PLEASE!!

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
leaving the role aside, the one above the other, I will love Iniesta to have a great career, he is class, just that...I hate that alwyas the Crespos, Piojos Lopez, etc..have the easy way and the real talented so discuss, let the kid gain experience the only way he can, by playing...

·
Registered
325 Posts
i think giuly is much better, earlier in the season when he was fit he worked well with eto'o, putting in some great crosses and not to mention his PACE! hes been injured for a while this is why iniesta has been playing instead of him. But i think iniesta has got quality and deserves to play for the Barca first team. But i still think he needs more experience, and i agree that iniesta is not much of a winger.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I think Iniesta being "everywhere" as he has been in recent weeks is harming our game as he's just taking up the room Deco, Xavi and Ronaldinho need. Teams will find it a lot easier to defend against us without width as opposed to with it. Having said that, Giuly is not an ideal winger either..

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
True, Giuly isn't an ideal winger. But from what I've seen, most of the wing work that Barca does comes from Gio and Belletti, or whoever is playing at the full back spot. Giuly's role is more of a support striker to Etoo. Someone who is providing assists, cleaning up and generally just irritating the crap out of the opponent's back line. From the games that I've seen, he actually has done a pretty decent job of that. Especially when he was fully fit at the start of the season.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Giuly plays like a right winger and Iniesta is a central midfield

Iniesta knows his role in the team. He wants to play as many games as possible so he accepts any position in the midfield. I like him because he gives all his best to the team to prove his worth. But he still has a lot to improve.

So....if Giuly is fit, i'll choose Giuly

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
They don't play the same position but anyway Giuly, because he is a better player but when Iniesta get some more "experience" and more playing time then we will see:)But I like them both :angel: :star:

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
As a right mid ..i ll go for giuly ,, but for the center Mid i ll go with INiesta ,,, but over all it depends how does the team playing ,, for now a days ..barcelona will stick with giuly because they play a great attacking football ,, but in the feuture i think iniesta will replace xavi in the Mid and he may be one of the most best players ever in spain ,,,

when i say future i mean near future because gily is over 30 now ..and iniesta still under 22 with a talented skills

all in all ...i ll go with iniesta because i love this man !! and i wish to see him do good ,, but not against Realmadrid or Manutd :sweeteye:

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Emirho said:
They don't play the same position but anyway Giuly, because he is a better player but when Iniesta get some more "experience" and more playing time then we will see:)But I like them both :angel: :star:

totally agree with you man :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup:

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
on current form Iniesta, but since they have to fill the wings I´d go with giuly for his speed and because he seems more capable to perform as a winger, plus Iniesta can wait he is young and he is a great sub that can take the spot of Xavi/Deco/giuly for when they are injured or to rest em

1 - 20 of 39 Posts