Recently I have checked the dobs of all Spanish Internationals since 1964. After visiting many sites "Selection Espanola", "Web Official de Liga" + other and of course the info I have since many years I'm starting to doubt about the d.o.b of some players.
The fact is there is no website free of errors !!!!!
1. ALVARO Cervera Diaz (1991/92 Mallorca) °22/9/1964 or 20/9/1965
2. Heraldo BECERRA (1973/74 Atl. Madrid) 21/4/1946 or 1945.
3. Antonio BIOSCA (1977/78 Betis Sevilla) °8/12/1948 or 8/12/1949
practicly sure 1948 played in WC 1978.
4. Javier ESCALZA (79/80 Athl. Bilbao) 10/12/1950 or 1951
5. Francisco GÜERRI (1983-84 Real Zaragoza) 13/4/1959 or 1958
6. Juan HITA (1970/72 Sevilla) 22/9/1944 or 20/9/1945
7. Eugenio LEAL (1977/78 Atl. Madrid 13/5/1953 or 1952.
practicly sure 1953 played in WC 1978.
8. MARCIAL Pina Morales (1972/74 Barcelona) 23/8/1946 or 1947
practicly sure 1946.
9. Roberto Martinez (1974/76 Real Madrid) 25/9/1945 or 1946
10. Miguel Angel OCHOA (1973/74 Espanyol) 22/9/1944 or 1949
practicly sure 1944.
11. Manuel OSORIO (1966/68 Espanyol) 31/7/1943 or 1946
12. Pichi Alonso (78/80 Real Zaragoza) 1/2/1953 or 17/12/1954
Any help with correct dobs would be very welcome.
Thanks in advance.
About Javier Escalza it's a real problem. I have 3 different dates. I think you gave me the dob which can be find in the Athletic Bilbao website. I find it strange when some players moved to other clubs also the dob is changing!!
Same happened with Pichi Alonso and Alvaro.
Also strange when they played at RCD Espanol dobs changed. It is not a surprice that there are 4 players on my list who played for Espanyol !!!!!
That´s always a problem, once someone makes a mistake it gets into a chain. But Athletic´s database it´s good, I´d trust it at least for Escalza dob.
You have to be cautious specially with the players with a young debut in Primera, not Escalza´s problem anyway. I´ve read, for example, that Fidel Uriarte´s dob was faked by Athletic since back then there was an age limit to play in Primera and Uriarte was still too young to play. Actually, I don´t know if Uriarte´s dob in Athletic´s page is the real one or they still have the faked one.