Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

Could any of you provide me information on this guy. I don't know if it is the correct spelling, but I'm told he used to be Young Boys Bern coach. At least 2 years or so ago.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
381 Posts
He's actually spelled "Schällibaum" - and seems the be the designated coach of your national team if you aks about him...

He was rather successful with Young Boys and coached them from being a rather average (to state it positively) second league team to becoming one of the nations' top teams (of course partly backed up by investments because of the new Wankdorf stadium). Later on (after a stagnating, if no to say negative developement in Berne) he joined Servette Geneva and there struggled with the transfer policy of changing the whole team shortly before and even during the season after having been rather successful the season before.

He's a rather emotional coach with a characteristic red head when he gets angry (which is mostly the case during a game...). I suppose he's mostly a good motivator with not too bad tactical abilities and a passion for football.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Redblue Power said:
He's actually spelled "Schällibaum" - and seems the be the designated coach of your national team if you aks about him...

He was rather successful with Young Boys and coached them from being a rather average (to state it positively) second league team to becoming one of the nations' top teams (of course partly backed up by investments because of the new Wankdorf stadium). Later on (after a stagnating, if no to say negative developement in Berne) he joined Servette Geneva and there struggled with the transfer policy of changing the whole team shortly before and even during the season after having been rather successful the season before.

He's a rather emotional coach with a characteristic red head when he gets angry (which is mostly the case during a game...). I suppose he's mostly a good motivator with not too bad tactical abilities and a passion for football.

Thank you very much for the info. Yes, he is one of the contenders for the job along with Saez from Spain. We will definitely need someone, who will yell his lungs out from the sidelines. Hopefully he can bring in discipline into our NT. We will see in couple of days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts