Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on Salif Diao of Sedan, is he any good? How is he rated in France?

Cheers

·
Registered
134 Posts
Diao is a defensive midfielder very polyvalant ( he can play defense, center left or right or midfielder )
he was formed in Monaco with Henry and Trezeguet for example

He isa kinda Vieira

i heard Liverpool is intersted, isn't it ?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Cheers

Thanks, there was a small rumour that he was Liverpool bound but nothing more has been said.

Can anyone give me their views on Bruno Cheyrou, rumour has it a deal to Liverpool is almost complete, is he any good, whats his natural position

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yeah,he plays for Lille(i think).His role is kind of like a 2nd striker - well that's his best position IMO anyway.He has good dribbling skill,and is also very competent in retaining the ball.An all-round very tidy player,definitely a #7 for me.To get a good idea of what he did,watch his performances in the CL - and his goals as well of course;).I particularly liked it when he scored against MU:tongue: .Having said all that,i feel he has the technical ability to play in either wide midfield positions also.:)

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what I thought, I've only seen him play against Ytd and a few highlights. Looks like a decent player if we get him.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
hello CardiffRed!

ok first Salif Diao is a defensive midfielder and plays for Sedan.
He is from Sénégal and was part our thier African Nations cup team that reached the final. (he was a starter) He is also part of their 23 man squad for the WC 2002.
He works very hard and is very strong.

Bruno Cheyrou !!! this is a class player! one of my favourite players in Le Championnat! he is a attacker or offensive midfielder and has good technique and shoots very good!!!
his brother Benoït Cheyrou plays also for Lille and is also a great youngster! yes I heard that Liverpool almost had signed Cheyrou and thats a shame cause it´s sad seeing all our players leaving our leauge..:(
btw he is 24 years old...

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Lebouef.

It's rumoured that Houllier will sign Bruno Cheyrou (with a possibility of signing his brother as well) BUT they are also looking to buy Arteta in a double raid on Le Championat.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
litlle brother Benoït Cheyrou won the u18 Euro 2 years ago, that team had many young prospects such as Mexés, Vignal (Liverpool), Cissé, Penneteau, Ahamada, Bugnet etc etc

do you know that you have also signed 2 of our most talented youngsters in ANTHONY LE TALLEC & FLORENT SINAMA-PONGOLLE.
both born in 1984. they will hook up with the team in 2003!
(now both currently at Le Havre)..

btw I think that right now you have 4 frenchmen in your squad:
Grégory Vignal, Bernard Dioméde (world cup winner), Nicolas Anelka (on loan), Djimi Traoré (away on loan), yeah and the keeper Pegguy Arphexad....

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, Le Tallec and Pongelle look good, it'll be good for them (and us :D ) playing in the first division next year.

As for Liverpools other players, I don't expect Arphexad and Diomede will be around much longer, Trajore if he continues to improve will stay and Vignal will probably start as LB next year.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Dioméde will probaly return to France this summer, I think he is a quality player and can be great if he only get´s time on the pitch!

Arphexad, I don´t know anything about him and I really don´t care anything about him neither.

I would be very happy seeing Vignal playing as LB starter next year!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts