·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone describe (full detail if possible) these players:

Nicky Hunt (Bolton)
Joey Barton (Man.City)
Sean Davis (Fulham)

If there is any player you think is a revelation this season, besides the chronical Touré, Parker.. please type them here and say why.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Hmm... I don't think Davis is a 'revalation' but he is a decent player to have. Good right footed 2 way midfielder but we tend to play him more defensively minded. Is useful at spotting wingers to set them off on runs. Our goals usually start from him at the back. Not much else I can say really.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
I'd say Sean Davis was better last season than this one =\

Anyway I can tell you about Joey Barton.

He burst onto the scene last season for Manchester City in the end of season run in 2003. Strted against Bolton and has not looked back since. Already played 21 of our 24 league games this season, still at the age of 21. He was expected to lose his place this season with the arrivals of McManaman, Bosvelt, Reyna and Sibierski, but has managed to keep Bosvelt on the bench all season. Has picked up quite a lot of bookings due to his aggressive style. Been sent off once against Spurs in the FA Cup for dissent. He has scored 2 for city. The first against Spurs last season, the second against Blackburn early this season. He is a crowd favourite for his aggressiveness and committment. When we went out of the UEFA Cup to groclin in Poland he was the only one to clap the fans. This led to the fans singing to the players as they were at the airport (both fans and players departed from Poznan airport at the same time) "Theres only one Joey Barton". This has happened in other matches, chants of "Theres only one Joey Barton" if he has put his heart in and the others didn't look bothered. Been tipped for future captain of City. He is so loved by the fans when he was subbed against Leeds, the fans booed the fact that he was subbed. He has played twice for England U-21s, scoring once against Portugal and gaining two Man of the Matches from the FA. Did not play in their last match as he also had two yellow cards so was suspended. Should become a great player as he improves with every game. All he needs now is to improve his passing and control his temper.

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
LuisPedroCat said:
thanks, this helps a lot. What about Peter Wittingham of Villa, is he playing well?
He isn't doing badly but hasn't stood out much apart from the really long name on the back of his shirt. :tongue:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts