Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I should have started a thread a long time ago, when the epidemic of injuries started. I think that it's the first time I see a team so plagued by injuries.
Even the official site of Sampdoria has given space to the situation of the injured players.

Right now according to the official site most of the players are recovering from their injuries. I must underline that indeed the news are a bit cryptic, infact it is not really clear who is going to recover in time for Juventus.
Anyway:

Foti: gym and physiotherapy. He is improving.
Pisano: no more flu, trained regularly.
Marchesetti: trained regularly
Bazzani: gym.
Kutuzov: run on the pitch, he is improving.
Pavan: knee bruise. gym.
Bastrini: swimming pool.
Iuliano: calf. physiotherapy.

According to gazzetta all the players should be ready for the game against Juventus, Bazzani excluded.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I've read somewhere that Bazzani got injured again, on Saturday I think :doh:

Will try to find out more, although the fact that Samp's website says that today he was in Perugia being checked by Prof. Cerulli (who I think was the guy who operated him earlier in the season) isn't a good sign..

Everyone else is getting better though: just Pavan and Bastrini in the gym, while Iuliano was running today.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Bazzani out for the season

Confirmed: after two days of checks, Bazzani needs an operation (which will happen on Thursdays), after which the doctors hope to understand exactly what is wrong with his knee. So at the moment we don't really know a lot, apart from the fact that he won't be back playing any time soon. This raises a few points but also questions:

1. Bazzani is now worth nothing, so we're Garrone's going to have to spend some money for a new striker, unless we opt to loan someone again..

2. We're stuck with Colombo for the rest of the season, much like we were with Rossini last year, with the difference that Flachi's not as good this time round. At least Kutuzov's looked lively recently and if Novellino has a brain Foti will get a chance.

3. Why the hell did we rush Bazzani back in the first place?

4. While I can just about accept that getting 3 cruciate ligament injuries within a year can be attributed to bad luck (although I still wonder..), I cannot accept the same reasoning for why two have had so much trouble recovering and have had to undergo more than one operation. I think we really need to look into our physio section, and who we're letting operate on our players.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Season over for Bazzani Tuesday 7 March, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Bazzani will not play again this season after doctors warned he would have to undergo a second knee operation.

The Sampdoria striker had already gone under the knife for a ligament problem in the summer, only making his return to the playing field in January.

However, he suffered a new setback almost immediately and will have another operation using keyhole surgery on March 9.

Bazzani has made only six Serie A appearances this season, scoring one goal, and won’t be back in action until next term.

The 29-year-old made his top-flight debut with Venezia in 2001-02, then hit his stride with Perugia, Sampdoria and Lazio. He also has three caps for the Azzurri.

The news that he’ll be out for the season will be a bitter blow to Samp, who also have hitman Emiliano Bonazzoli out of action following a serious injury.

channel4

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
:eyepatch:

Even if someone is very big pessimist he couldn't imagine such a bad luck. Bazzani is out, then Bonazzoli (who was playing best football in his career) is out, and then Bazzani is out again. And all this injuries are very serious.

I think that strikers won't like comming to Samp. They will afraid we have some kind of fatality...

And the worst is we are staying with...Colombo now :depress: :depress: :depress: and with strong faith that our midfielders and defenders are able to score too :flirt:.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Bazza was rushed back for the Milan game, we had a striker crisis then. Hopefully we spend some money on a new striker but I'm betting we'll secure someone on loan, well I pray we're not stuck with this Colombo guy, if you guys say he sucks then he must be utter crap.

I agree on your point relating to the physio's. Last season we were very lucky with injuries, this season is a complete reverse. Seems like they're not doing a good job, can't tell last when we had a full strength squad.

Good luck to Bazza, coming back from these set-backs takes a lot of courage and mental fortitude. Hope he returns and starts banging them in.

·
Registered
288 Posts
And so the season fizzles out....

I'm not sure I agree with your points with regards the phsyio department. Look at Barca, many similar injuries last seasn all roughly the same but some were back after 3 months & some took 6 months. There are many different factors which affect a players speed of recovery and I'm not sure, at a Serie A club, if the phsyio dept is to blame.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I agree entirely that no two players are the same and that some players will stay out for longer etc, that Falcone and Bazza aren't particularly young, and that we did rush Bazza back for Milan game which didn't help. However, his latest injury was after a long break where we made sure he wan't rushed back again.

All I was saying is that it seems a bit strange that two players have both had such complications, that both came back for a game or two after 6 or so months yet didn't last, and that both (well, at least I hope for Bazza!) were/will be out for a whole year.

It may well be down to other factors, including plenty of bad luck, but it just seems like one hell of a coincidence that we'd have real issues in two separate cases of the same injury.

·
Registered
288 Posts
bogliaschino said:
I agree entirely that no two players are the same and that some players will stay out for longer etc, that Falcone and Bazza aren't particularly young, and that we did rush Bazza back for Milan game which didn't help. However, his latest injury was after a long break where we made sure he wan't rushed back again.

All I was saying is that it seems a bit strange that two players have both had such complications, that both came back for a game or two after 6 or so months yet didn't last, and that both (well, at least I hope for Bazza!) were/will be out for a whole year.

It may well be down to other factors, including plenty of bad luck, but it just seems like one hell of a coincidence that we'd have real issues in two separate cases of the same injury.
Yeah a valid point. Maybe it was against the phsyio's recommendations that the players returned due to a lack of forwards at the club and thus the club have lost out by going against a physio's advice.

It's hard to say without knowing all the facts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts