Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wednesday 29th May 2002

Croatia playmaker Robert Prosinecki has revealed the squad are enjoying their World Cup build-up in peace as few people are tipping the side to do well.

"No one takes us seriously. We don't feel any pressure, so I think everything's OK," he said.

Croatia have had few foreign visitors since arriving at their Tokamachi training camp.

And the indifference towards the side, who finished third at France 98, has been compounded by a lack of interest from Fifa or the World Cup organising committee.

Even the member of Fifa's technical commission who was due to meet them, Andy Roxbrough, sent someone else along. "It was the same at the last World Cup. Nobody was interested in us then, either," added Prosinecki.

"But when we beat Romania in the quarter-finals, suddenly we were surrounded by people from all sorts of different delegations - Fifa, the organising committee, journalists…

"I hope the same thing happens this time, because if they start to arrive we will have done well at the tournament."

Croatia face Mexico in their opening Group G game on Monday before taking on Italy and Ecuador.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think that was Germany in the quarter-finals Prosi......;) ;) ;)

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Maybe it's bad translating, or maybe Robi got hammered that night and can't remember the stage, the stadium, the city or the colours Croatia wore.

Aye Robi..... ;)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
croguy said:
Wednesday 29th May 2002

"I hope the same thing happens this time, because if they start to arrive we will have done well at the tournament."

this is something i picture Goran Ivanisevic saying. :D

·
International
8,545 Posts
He makes a good point though, while Vatreni will always have pressure back home, we don't have the world's media expecting much of us which is only a plus for the team.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts