Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
International
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
United has donated £50,000 to the Indian Ocean earthquake disaster relief fund. Each Premier League club donated the same amount meaning that £1 million has been given by all 20 clubs.

United have also announced they intend to donate a further 50p from each copy of United Review sold at the Spurs and Exeter matches.

--------

good to see clubs putting some money to good use, but to bet honest, they could afford to put a hell of a lot more in :sigh: :(

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
i heard united players raised up to 100,000 pounds, which if u ask me is quite pathetic, these players can afford to give more than that, 100,000 pounds from each of them, itd take them only a few weeks wages,

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
i also think its sad that 20 clubs together can only bring up 1 million pounds, i guess i can understand the case for the smaller clubs, but its prolly like pennies for teams like man utd and mr abramovich,

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
pathetic i tell you..each team gives wat they can afford, for the united and so forth, 1 million seems ideal...chelsea bit more than that, lower clubs 50,000... there should be at least 8 million donated by the EPL

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
47 views, and only 3 ppl posted,
dont u guys have any views on it??

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
well, i am living in a place which is just some 20 km away from the sea coast where tsunami struck, so i am waiting for others to post more on this thread.
and finally, rather than the amount of money donated what matters is the amount of money effectively used.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
i dont think that ppl who can afford should hold back on that basis tho

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
rich people never put their hands in their pockets, how many millions did Geldof donate to the starving of Africa ?

to be fair though he has done a fair bit of work for them but he still wouldn't miss £10m ;)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
yeah i agree, as much money as the epl clubs have they could afford to put in some more. i admire people like mel gibson who earlier this year donated $10 mil US to a hospital in america, and Geldof has done much more than most people for the starving in africa. i think what is in the backs of minds for most people when thinking about giving donations for causes such as this is the people that hoard the donations for themselfs.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Abramovich has donated untold amounts of money in Chichotka, the province where he is governor so I am sure that he and many others will donate money to this cause, we just won't read about it.

if not they should be robbed and beaten

1 - 11 of 11 Posts