Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(PART 1)

When Cecco wrote in one topic who was Lazio fan or not Lazio fan, I thought he was crazy. How can someone by looking at someone's nickname say if he/she is a Lazio fan or not…. I still think that is crazy but after the great victories of Lazio and one bad loss I see that Cecco had a point in his topic.

I don't doubt anyone of you to not be a Lazio, but I don't think you all knows what it means to be Lazio fans. The love for Lazio is not something you go to the supermarket to buy !! Lazio is something you love because of the colors, the name or so, not because right now we have a winning team with many stars from all parts of the world.

I am now going to mention some names, and I don't mean to offend anyone, but I just have your posts as examples. Maybe because you are regular visitors of this forum, so keep up with that because it's nice to see others' opinions (although some of you are crazy :))

To start with, I think you all know that I am not a fan of "blame the coach whatever happens" like some others of you are. Because I don't think it's possible that for example, when a coach puts the formation with reserves (Lazio-Feyenoord 1-2), Lazio loose the game in two minutes because of an offside goal and an unlucky touch of Sensini, the coach can be called "idiot", "incompetent" or stuff like that. When there were 10 minutes left of the game, Lazio were winning 1-0 after a great goal by Veron. The coach (in this case Eriksson) would have been the hero (would he ? would he have received the credits he deserved? I doubt that, but anyway) of the week because he played with his rotation system and won. But because of two minutes and two unlucky actions for Lazio, Eriksson became an idiot, someone please explain how that is possible??

Then I read oltre-la-morte's (who is the "officer" in my topic-title) posts, who only shows up in the forum when things are not going well for Lazio, he writes that the lost against Valencia is Eriksson's fault….then there is another one (Mr. Pipa I think) who says the same. Congratulations guys ! You are the only two in the world that blames Eriksson after the disastrous game against Valencia. All papers talks about "Eriksson defends the players" and stuff like that. And do you know why?? Because no one is so incompetent to even think of blaming the coach after a game like that. Especially when you look at the game, and see the mistakes made by our players. I don't know if oltre-la-morte or Mr. Pipa have ever played football themselves but some days, nothing works…and you know what ? the coach can't play for them !! This is not playstation where you control the players….the coach can't do that…I know this must come as a chock for you guys, but that's the real world !
You can criticize Eriksson for not playing two attackers, and stuff like that. But then there are also 11 players that have to play !!!

Then I read Lazia's post about what it means to criticize, she writes that when she criticize Eriksson (because that's the only one I've seen her "criticize") she says that it doesn't mean that she is not a Lazio fan. Very true !!!
I think that when someone is a part of the team you love (if you do), you like them all. When Simeone came to Lazio, I was not sure if I really wanted him in "my" team. But when I saw him giving everything he had, all he did against Lazio when he played for Inter is forgotten ! And I surely like all Lazio players and really hope that Lazio WON'T sell any player from this great team !
To come back to Lazia, I think that a fan should support the team (and that includes the coach), I don't say that Eriksson reads this forum because I really don't think so, but this "always blaming someone" is getting sick. Criticize someone is not the same as blaming, but that seems to be the same for Lazia (and others too, I only took Lazia's name as example)…

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
(PART 2)

You maybe wonder what Parma and Juve fans have to do with this topic. I don't know if you have thought about it but amoroso is always protecting Lazio when someone from other teams writes something against Lazio. But when it is amoroso and only Lazio fans, he ALWAYS writes something negative about Lazio (at least I get that impression). I don't know why but when we loose he starts a topic "ouch", when there is talk about a single player at Lazio he always writes how bad that player actually is…. When we won against Juve, his friend (? Well, he is a Parma fan…) Marten writes that Juve deserved to win, Lazio sucked, Juve were better in all parts of the team and so on.
One more thing that I really can't stand is that amoroso started the talk about how bad Mihajlovic is as defender. Then some of you, Lazio fans, got that on your mind and now I think that those who thinks Lazio needs Mihajlovic are VERY FEW…
What is the problem with Parma fans ? :)
The worst thing I read about Miha, was some days ago, someone wrote that Miha is not good for Lazio because he is not so good in defending and that Lazio needed someone like Nesta instead. But have you, who wrote this, ever thought that maybe in a team you need players with different ways of playing?
Nesta and Miha are, together, GREAT !!! Nesta is THE MAN, he is perfect in defending. Miha is not so fast but he often knows where the ball will come so he stands there. And Miha is great because he can, when Lazio take the ball, start an attack immediately. Please think before you write !!! Not that I mind reading it, but because you really don't seem to be serious (if you know anything about football).

Then we have Juve fans, Glen is the gentleman himself and he is always the voice of sense ! The only time I saw him a bit more frustrated was after Juve-Lazio (how did that end Glen, I can't remember)…but it's understandable :)
Then we have "Bettega", just the name makes me sick. Then his ridiculous post makes me think that he is 12 years old. Who else would write in a Lazio forum the day after Valencia-Lazio, asking what team that actually is great (or whatever he asked)…or 1. he is stupid, 2. he is 12 years old, 3. he has forgot CELTA-juve merda 4-0. AND that was in the POOR uefa cup…WE are in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE so before you write anything next time check up what you are talking about !!! but in one way I understand him too…. He is AFRAID of Lazio, 6 points in two games, 6 games left….what do you think…will rubentus take a CL place ?
Then thanks to amoroso, he must have felt even more stupid because of the league standing of the Spanish League. :)

To finish this short post ( ;)), I would like to tell everyone who really support Lazio. BELIEVE in this team, stop blaming players, coach and so !
We have a great team, playing in three competitions, we are one of the most successful teams the last 2-3 years, we are considered as the best club in Europe (Reuters), we have a great president, why can't we (fans) be as great as our team, coach and president ?

Think about it

Forza Lazio
Forza…everyone who have read until the end of this post :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could AngeloB ,be the next Shakespeare or Wordsworth? A truely marvellous writing, as if it were penned by Oscar Wilde himself!

[This message has been edited by Bettega (edited 07-04-2000).]

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Great post Angelo ( such posts make it worth stopping by this forum :) ) and I´m surprised I didn´t get slammed since I´m very pro selling Miha while he can still generate some cash. Thing about Miha is that he won´t do the right thing and " sit " out a game or two.

In my eyes Miha hinders us alot and he doesn´t let Eriksson play the way Lazio should play but then again when we get a great attacking formation our midfield won´t have to be so offensiv and Miha will get away with being a ho hum defender again.

I agree with your description of some of the people that post on this forum and my advice to you is simply to do what I do - pick the topics written by people you know have a genuine oppinion ( Glen, Amo, Aquila, etc ) - I love the fact that Lazio seems to have a great deal of fans but sometimes this forum just seems too crowded :).

Glen is a gentelman but only because I went to denmark and kicked his ass :) he´s now afraid of me and won´t write anything bad about Lazio ... ever again :)

Amo has had a though and frustrating season so I can´t really blame him for not spreading love around each time he stops by - I know I hate this season even if we win CL/SCUDETTO/CUP with all the nonsense around it ( Nesta deal, Refs, Idiots that call themselves fans but are really animals and give love to Arkan and other prominent animals, Roma 4 - 1 and now this crazy and possibly true Veron and others passport thingy ).

Forza Lazio !!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Michel, I don't doubt Lazio is a true Laziale !

Svennis, I just forgot to slamm you too ... just kidding :)
and I don't think you should say that you hate this season, even if we win something/everything....you could regret that you said so.... :)

Forza...Bettega ? ;)

[This message has been edited by AngeloB (edited 07-04-2000).]

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Ok,I always write negative about Lazio,like "what happened :(?" and things like that.I am the only one who thinks that miha cant defend...and all the rest who think the same thing was inspired by me.

Since this is my last topic here,I want to satisfy AngeloB.

Lazio is the best club in the world and Miha is the best defender in the world OOOOPS! no! Miha is the second best defender in the world because its always Nesta.

See I didnt wrote any negative things now...

Also thank you svennis,its just Parma's loosy year that makes me think that miha is not the best (I mean second best) defender in the world...

ok,see you guys at the other forums (the ones at least who can see beside Lazio)

BYE!!!!!!

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I will make one more post to add some things...

Angelo,you say that I always say negative things about Lazio.Its true,I'm not saying things like "Salas is the best" or "Salas is the best goalscorer in the world" because you have enough Salas (and Lazio until Salas leaves) fans here to tell you these things.I will tell you though that Salas is too slow because I'm not afraid of being hammered by the seniors (Svennis,Aquila and Co) because i'm a senior too and can defend my opinions,we all know that if a rookie Lazio fan dared to say such a thing he would get a handfull of answers like "you are an idiot" and other "happy" things.Its true I wont stop by saying that Miha is the best free-kick taker in the world,but I will also say that he cant defend.I will tell you that Veron is a bit incosistent.I may also say that you were lucky to escape with a win from Delle Alpi (maybe in a kinder way than Martin Wallen though).Finally when someone says that you should buy Giggs,Cannavaro and Raul I will tell you that they are not for sale and you wont get them.

These things may seem negative to you,but its truths you dont want to see written.What mean would it have to make a post like "Nedved is the best left winger in Italy" or "Veron is one of the best play-makers" or "Boy,Nesta can defend!"? these things are GRANTED for all of us (I mean do I have to make a post on how good Nedved or Nesta are? that I include them in all my dream teams isnt enough?).You have enough glory hunters to make these kind of pleasant posts...

Honestly,I wouldnt mind if you come to the Parma forum and write how awful Dino Baggio is or that Ortega is a diver or that Lassissi makes too many ridiculus mistakes or that Amoroso didnt deserve all that money because he is very injury prone or that we were lucky to get a draw from Juve at the Tardini or that Di Vaio is lost at the second part of the season or that Stanic should score more or that fuser may be a genius but doesnt bother to retunr to help the defence or anything like that.I would argue with you (on a civilised way of course) but deep inside me I know that you would be right (as long as you were right of course! :))...

Its like the cartoons,when a hero is surrunded by two voices,a good voice,the angel who always says good things and the devil who tells the truth...bad examble maybe :) but I'm the devil.

Finally,as many of you know,I tend to support Lazio at every game BUT the games with Parma.Its my second team in Italy (far from the first however,FORZA PARMA!!! but still they have a tiny place in my heart,well believe it or not this tiny place makes me feel sad when Lazio looses and happy when Lazio wins,and even more this tiny place make me a laziale ten more times than all these Salas,Miha and Argentinian,fans no offence guys I dont mean all of you of course,who will leave Lazio as long as Salas or Miha and Deki leave)

The Devil signing off...

------------------

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
And one more thing (final posts are always long :)) when I write a topic tilte like "ouch!" or "why? why? why?" or "to win or not to win" is not because I want to tease you but because I always try to put attactive headings to my topics,you would see exactly the same title in a similar topic at the Parma board...

(FINALLY) Goodnight and you are all welcomed at the Parma Forum for some nice debates :)

------------------

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
out of all the non lazio fans, amoroso is my favorite...who cares if he says negative stuff...we deal with more attacks from others..if this forum had all lazio fans, then it wouldnt be so good because we would just repeat what we say, day in and day out....the reason there are fans is because so we can discuss our favorite team against other fans of other teams. i dont mean for people to come to opposing forums and start an arguement, but there should be criticism of some sort. no team is perfect. even lazio!

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ouch, hell no amo, stop this. ain´t no way you´re going to stop. that just unacceptable.
the sun will continue to shine, the birds will sing and the spring will come.that´s just the way things are. i don´t like changes. i like it the way things are; people getting slammed when they deserve to get slammed, voice of reasoning when reason is called for, and most of all, people who cares! who admits to kick in doors when things go wrong, throw out the freaking cat and scream at your girlfriend because she says it´s just a game. it´s not just a game!

come on AMO, don´t stop. it´s a bit of a personal request but i really enjoy reading your posts, although i know parma is never gonna win lo scudetto :)

marco

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
C'mon guys...enough!

Criticising is fair enough but lets not all get so personal or take it personally!!!

Amo, you;ve been here as long as me, Svennis, Matt!!! Come on...u know u are welcome in the Lazio forums!!! :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
I respect Amo, but this is just his little way of getting all of us to say "no don't go, we need you here",
Well not from me you won't, you're free to do as you like, if you want to go, then go, if you want to stay, then you're welcome!

LAZIO E BASTA!

·
Registered
330 Posts
In this case,I should of been gone ages ago!!!!!

SEMPRE E SOLO FORZA LAZIO

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dare I remind you you of one simple matter? I was sounding off against our compacency when we were winning, as was Mr Pipa. How convenient that this tidbit of information has been so conveniently forgotten, or dare I say, overlooked! Our meeasge may not be popular, but it is true.

Sorry for my high expectations of our team "leaders."

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Thanks a lot for taking me as an example! :(
I won't even bother to defend myself once again! No matter what I say, you will always believe I don't deserve to be a Laziale... I've really had it and therefore I will leave this forum...

Lazio esisti solo tu!

Ciao ciao,

Lazia

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Since I've been mentioned in this topic I just wanted to comment on a few things.

First up: Thanks for the credit. Obviously always nice to hear :).

Second- Angelo B; I always read Your posts with interest because of the passion You present. Like AMO said however, You cannot expect fans from other teams to never say "bad" things about Lazio- even at Your forum (I know You don't -just wanted to re-itterate it).
As long as it's kept in a decent manner criticism can be constructive too.

Every forum will always have people preoccupied with single players. It's only natural, as this is an international forum, and some of our members haven't followed serie A for that long. I suspect that the influx of South -American talent at Lazio has won over quite a few South- American fans over the last coupple of years, and it would be unreasonable to demand, that their attachment to the team would be as strong as some of the longstanding Lazialis (just an example- it's like that everywhere).
Futhermore we should appreciate the fact that alot of members are very young. When I was 10-16 I was an excessive Michael Laudrup fan, but later it bacame more club than player. That transition is VERY common, so let everybody have their fun with it.
Just don't expect Amo and myself to jump the waggon. If we feel that a player is being rated out of proportion- we will say it.
That is not downsizing Lazio- it's only realism.
When a Juve fan at the Juventus forum said that Zambrotta was the best wing in the world (in January-february where he was really awesome) I told the guy to shuffle it. The statement was rediculous since two months are hardly a substantial background to make this kind of statements.

Criticism is OK as long as it's fair and thought out.
I've taken alot of stick from Lazio fans on Juventus defensive attitude to the game at the Juve forum, but it has been a relevant discussion, so I didn't mind.
Sometimes I feel though, that many Lazio fans will not accept criticism, and retorts by slamming the other team.
Still I don't care much, because I'm here because of a number of persons who are willing to take discussions- no matter the subject.
AMO won't leave this forum, because he can't keep quiet afterall. I know that- he knows that and You all know that, so there's no need to beg him :).

Angelo B; You mentioned Bettega... It's not my job to "protect" juventinis. Just check his posts for remarks like XXXXXX Lazio and that sort of thing.
It's not there, but You can't be surprised that there is some rejoicement from juventinis when You're team (our biggest rival) is as blatantly beaten as we was. It doesn't matter if we were beaten with 4 and You guys by 3. Both Juve and Lazio were blatantly whipped in Spain, and that's the end of that.
If You know how often Jan or I have to delete hate mail from particularly Lazio fans at the Juventus forum, I would think that You could live with Bettegas remarks?

Just for my own information- Cecco and Reale;
Are You two in reality one person? You always show up at the same time, and always say pretty much the same (or agrees at least).
If You're not... well You must get along marvellously well :).

Ciao.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts