Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back England was in a Euro Qualifying tournament...(Cant remember which) and they had to beat San Marino 7 nil and Holland ALSO had to win their game for England to go through...England offered to pay Holland a large sum of money if they won their game. Is it something that Lazio should do for Perugia?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I think rube beat us to it!!!!!!

------------------
SEMPRE E SOLO FORZA LAZIO

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Hey Enz, are you talking about Euro '96?? If so, I can only say
READ THE HISTORY BOOKS ON WHAT HAPPEND, OKAY ??!!!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boyo more than likely! Whatever History has to say, don't you try harder when there is an incentive there? Or are you one of the few that try's all the time in everything that you do?

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Apart from that example of England, my answer to your question is simply NO.
Eventhough it is arguable whether or not it is ethical, to me it is unethical. Nor ro say what such action may do to our image, dignity, etc, etc...Also -just my opinion here- Perugia players may, just may, feel insulted.
So, NO.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How is that unethical? When someone rewards you for doing something well you say "NO" and tell them because it's unethical? They arent doing anything wrong, there is nothing sinister behind it, it's a way of saying thank you for beating Juve???????

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Enz, when it comes to whether or not something is ethical, it's very subjective! So I'm totally aware that others may think that there's nothing wrong with it.
Personally, I think it's unethical if we give them this incentive before the match, as in, we inform them before the match that 'hey, if you win we'll reward you'; since, in my opinion, By Right whenever a team goes to a match they should aim for a victory - so, to me if we offer to reward them for winning before their match it may be seen as questioning their integrity.
However, After the match, if, say, out of gratitude, we reward them or thank them for their favor - then I'd say it's ethical. Perhaps only few of you would see the subtle difference between these 2 scenarios, but for me there is a difference indeed :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts