Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always been a keen admirer of Tevez, his football skills and the joy he brings us. Still sometimes I wonder what's going on up in his head or does he just have really terrible agents and advisores surrounding him? It looks more and more certain that he'll leave during christams, despite Marci's previous promisse that he'd refuse selling him untill the summer. I doubt that Milan will cash up and it's doubtfull if Atletico de Madrid will manage to get enough money for the transfer. Those two are the most frequent mentioned clubs keen on signing him. I've the whole time taking the news about Chorinthians intrest in signing him with a smile. But after reading todays Olé it starts to look more and more serious. Apparently they've recived a large amount of money from a company who has invested in the club. I can understand Tevez (and his familys) desire to move abroad to lift a bigger pay-chech on a monthly basis. Despite his young age he has proved his worth in South America and you can understand if he wants a new challange. But is Brazil really the answer to that question? If Brazil starts snubbing Argentina on talents, welll that would cause havoc in the domestic league. Isn't it enough that Mexico can "steal" talents? I really wonder if it's Tevez who wants to play in Brazil or his agent who sees the oppurtunity to sell him to Chorinthians and earn some quick cash and then one year later arrange a new transfer to Europe and cach in twice on him?

I hope and pray that Tevez will stick around for some time more and continue to develop in Argentina than sitting on the bench in Milan.

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
I strongly believe that a possible move to Brazil is not intended to squeeze more money out of a later transfer to Europe. Tevez has clearly peaked as far as value goes. What I mean by this is that he has nothing left to prove on the pitch that may cause his value to go up. All his recent succes has placed a cap on it, if anything it may go down due to injury and/or bad play.

It's no secret that the once humble Tevez has become a cocky one, a common thing in Argentina. There's tons of kids from the villas who due to their tremendous talent will get bitten by the cocky bug and turn their noses high in the air reaking of arrogance. I also belive that he's constatntly told how much more he could be making in Europe only being a breath away from a much desired dolce vita.

It's like watching Maradona's career all over again -- De ja vu.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Its not possible to see him in Brazil, I think he wants to move to Europe more than earning a bigger amount of money...:D really dont know, its just an idea.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Brazil bound and that is (Eventought Brazilians dont do CRAP for me) the route ..

Good Luck... The Brazilian League yields some of the BEST talent in the world...Carlitos is headed in the right direction ... Europe is not ALWAYS heaven !!!!!

;)

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
If this new Tevez-less Boca plays like they did on sunday against Newell's then boy, is Macri ever in for the Clausura/ Livertadores of his life! :howler:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's actually terrible news. I enjoy brazilian football very much and I can understand why someone would like to play there to improve their game like Sorin. But Tevez? What the **** is he going to learn in Brazil that he couldn't have in Europe or staying with Boca? I wouldn't be suprised if we saw a wave of argentine talents that as soon as they've played one match in the firstleague they'll head directly to another league. Soon the only players left in the league will be 35 year old retuners from Europe and their sons...

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Loco said:
If this new Tevez-less Boca plays like they did on sunday against Newell's then boy, is Macri ever in for the Clausura/ Livertadores of his life! :howler:
Unfortently you're right. I don't see us winning one single league or Libertadores untiill 2007 which is the year when Riquelme is set to return. You still must understand the frustration, it's the same as Marcheano should sign for Peñarol, Lucho for Boliviar and Gallardo for Alianza Lima if you know what I mean.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Is this a record deal in South America? I guess that Abrahmovic has signed him for the future through Corinthians.

Is he going to earn much more in Brazil?

·
94,488 Posts
Robban said:
Unfortently you're right. I don't see us winning one single league or Libertadores untiill 2007 which is the year when Riquelme is set to return. You still must understand the frustration, it's the same as Marcheano should sign for Peñarol, Lucho for Boliviar and Gallardo for Alianza Lima if you know what I mean.

Actually........... U know what ? ? ? ? ? ? ........ That might not be a bad IDEA after all ....If the South American TALENT stays in S AMerica....It MAY JUST BE what we need to improve across all our Latin Borders !!!!!! :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :cool:

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Is this a record deal in South America? I guess that Abrahmovic has signed him for the future through Corinthians.

Is he going to earn much more in Brazil?
tevez has a contract for 10 million in 5 years. thats a lot more of what he gets in argentina.
this is highest transfer fee ever payed for a SA team. If what i read if not mistaken, the following is $9.5 m for Edmundo from Fiorentina to ... some brazie team.
And i agree that Abrahmovic has signed him for the future.

Also i think Tevez could learn many things in Brazil. This could be a great experience for him. but, on the other hand, if he had a bad level there (where its not easy for argie players to succeed) he will jepardize his future in europe.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
[/QUOTE]tevez has a contract for 10 million in 5 years. thats a lot more of what he gets in argentina.
this is highest transfer fee ever payed for a SA team. If what i read if not mistaken, the following is $9.5 m for Edmundo from Fiorentina to ... some brazie team.
And i agree that Abrahmovic has signed him for the future.

Also i think Tevez could learn many things in Brazil. This could be a great experience for him. but, on the other hand, if he had a bad level there (where its not easy for argie players to succeed) he will jepardize his future in europe.
exactly, but I would like to have more communication between SA countries, after all the money is on TV, ifwe keep our players, amny will like to watch our leagues, look even how players like Franca, milito, Equi, are playing great imagine all here, or better form one league to other, I saw recently Agüero a 16 years old from Independient, damn he is gifted, can be our home Messi, still have time to see if Depetris reach Primera, if this trend burst, they will stay and we will return to our football of the at least glorius 70's and 80's.

·
94,488 Posts
Lets "Spread" the talent in SA ... It will ONLY help all of us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

·
Registered
753 Posts
I think Tevez is an immature kid deceived with the "diabolic" argentinian press and wanting to get some stupid revenge by playing in Brazil, because here "we treat our idols well", as he stated yesterday after Boca vs Inter.

But when he finally starts working here, I don't really know what will happen. He'll certainly miss Boca. His tempers and overall character we'll certainly be the object of discussion if not censure, and he may find himself getting a harder time from the brazilian press than the one he got from his native land's press. His aggressive attitude and his overuse of the trick of turning his back to the oponent and shaking like a mad rhinoceros to get a foul will probably be less tolerated by brazilian defenders. He's fellow Corinthians team mates will certainly not be very happy with the fact that he's getting that amount of money, and any problem with their payments will ignite a crisis. And finally, if he doesn't produce correctly he'll be lynched.

He may have trouble ahead.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Robban said:
Unfortently you're right. I don't see us winning one single league or Libertadores untiill 2007 which is the year when Riquelme is set to return.
I think we have good players, like Vargas, for example. The key will be to keep them.
why the hell we sold Perea (very solid and versatile defender)??? And Battaglia for just $2,5 million (this was complete nonsense)???

We sold Clemente, our starting left back, for $4 million and bought Morel Rodriguez, who has been disapointing so far, for $2,5 million. Now we dont even have a decent left back. All for $1.5 million.

Whats the necesity of doing these sells considering the small amount of money involved???

Cardozo, cangele, colzera, ledesma, ormazabal are some of the young players we will need to build a great team in the near future.
Also Vargas is an extraordinary player, and i hope we can keep him for a few more years. If he is given enough time, i think he will be the next leader of the team.

·
94,488 Posts
Tevez move sends Brazil into state of shock

RIO DE JANEIRO, Dec 3 (Reuters)

- Brazilian football appears to be in a state of shock over the record-breaking $18 million transfer of Argentina forward Carlos Tevez to Sao Paulo club Corinthians.

Brazil has exported more than 800 players to countries ranging from Indonesia to Portugal this year, making it very surprising that Corinthians should snap up the most exciting player from the country's biggest footballing rival.

Boca Juniors president Mauricio Macri confirmed the sale of the 20-year-old Argentina international had been completed following late on Thursday night.

Until last month, Corinthians, like most other top Brazilian clubs, were swimming in debts and forced to sell their best players to survive.

Their Brazilian championship challenge collapsed last season after they dismantled their team halfway through the competition.

Four coaches resigned or were fired in a year, with former World Cup player Junior leaving the club after just 10 days.

Another low point came in May when Corinthians were hammered 5-0 at home by Atletico Paranaense and, almost inevitably, coach Oswaldo Oliveira was fired.

Angry fans literally turned their backs on the team, a large section of the crowd choosing to face the terraces for the last 15 minutes of the game.

Oliveira was replaced by Tite who has steered to Corinthians to a comfortable mid-table position.

The sudden change has been brought about by a deal with London-based investors Media Sports Investments, who signed a multi-million dollar partnership last week.

MSI agreed to provide an immediate cash injection to reinforce the team and pay off debts of around 60 million Real ($15.95 million).

Euphoric president Alberto Dualib said: "This partnership with MSI represents the return of foreign capital to Brazilian football. Our economy had been stagnant. An injection of cash such as this is good for everyone."

Corinthians officials are promising that there is more to come.

Vanderlei Luxemburgo, who led Corinthians to the 1998 Brazilian championship title, admitted this week that he had been approached about a return to his old hunting ground.

Luxemburgo is currently coach of Santos, who are second in the championship with three games to play.

There are also plans to repatriate Brazilian players who are currently in Europe.

The idea is to mount a superteam which will run away with next year's Brazilian championship and take Corinthians into the 2006 Libertadores Cup.

WIDESPREAD SCEPTICISM

The deal was met with widespread scepticism elsewhere, however.

Critics, including members of the Corinthians board, have repeatedly criticised the part of the deal which gives MSI 51 percent of all future profits.

They say that not enough is known about MSI and point out that previous partnerships between Brazilian clubs and foreign investors have left unhappy memories.

Corinthians's recent problems began when an earlier partnership with a U.S. based group of investors ended. Flamengo, Palmeiras and Gremio also ran into trouble when their deals broke up.

Arch-rivals Sao Paulo were especially unimpressed.

"Grafite is a much better player, he's faster, stronger, he's got a more powerful shot and is not afraid of tough defenders," said Sao Paulo director Juvenal Juvencio, referring to his club's much cheaper leading striker.

Sao Paulo coach Emerson Leao added: "I'm not interested in Argentine players. I prefer to give the chance to Brazilians."

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
batigold said:
I think we have good players, like Vargas, for example. The key will be to keep them.
why the hell we sold Perea (very solid and versatile defender)??? And Battaglia for just $2,5 million (this was complete nonsense)???

We sold Clemente, our starting left back, for $4 million and bought Morel Rodriguez, who has been disapointing so far, for $2,5 million. Now we dont even have a decent left back. All for $1.5 million.

Whats the necesity of doing these sells considering the small amount of money involved???

Cardozo, cangele, colzera, ledesma, ormazabal are some of the young players we will need to build a great team in the near future.
Also Vargas is an extraordinary player, and i hope we can keep him for a few more years. If he is given enough time, i think he will be the next leader of the team.
I love Vargas and I just pray that no european club will ever understand just how good he is. He and Gago can be the centralmidfield for the "new" Boca. Cardozo is talented and so is Cangele. With Tevez gone it will be a hole to fill after him and I wonder what Chino or the new coach will do. Playing Palermo and GBS upfront would be a shortterm soloution. Barhijo isn't my cup of tea. Cangele isn't a real striker.

Just like pointing out, there's no need to sell players if the proffit isn't good. Clemente Rodriguz and Battaglia were gifts. Perea is superb in Spain now. I'd try to sell old strugglers like Cagna, Giuly, Cascini and perhaps even Schiavi and try to make a buck out of them and then replace them with talented youngsters and build up a new team from the ground. Unfortently it's short of time.

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Vargas fit perfectly into Bianchi's system but no one knows how he's going to be played once he's over his injury.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Loco said:
Vargas fit perfectly into Bianchi's system but no one knows how he's going to be played once he's over his injury.
Loco, he played several games after his injury (but only 1 the whole 90 minutes) and did a good job, specially against Inter in Brazil, when he was IMO, the MOM.
In that match he played as a central mid (right next to cascini), with offensive duties.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts