AC Cueno 17-0 Pro Piacenza

Wtf? Half time 16-0!!

Match still ongoing.

Match fixing?

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
19-0 now lol, still some time left for a 20th..

I guess Pro Piacenza is the same Piacenza that was in Serie A and had Dario Hubner before

What a shame.

·
Registered
23,824 Posts
There is something about it. Piacenza got several postponed games too. i reckon a guess that they couldn't pay player wages and put out the youth team.

20-0

·
Registered
23,824 Posts
They fielded 8 youth players and the reason was the one I mentioned. Hard to believe they couldn't get more than 8 players to play, long trip?

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Serie C’s bottom club Pro Piacenza have endured a tough season, resulting in point deductions and forfeiting matches, but their latest setback was almost beyond belief as they were able to field only seven players in a 20-0 defeat.

Before Sunday Pro Piacenza had forfeited four games and faced being thrown out of the league if they had failed to complete another match. To avoid that fate, they scraped together seven teenagers – the minimum number of players required – who were willing to be lambs to the slaughter for the unenviable task of taking on 11 professionals. In addition to a lack of players, there were no coaching staff on hand for Pro Piacenza, meaning their teenage captain also had to take on the role of manager.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What bunch of jerks would actually score 20 goals in such a situation? That's disgraceful. Score a few, win the game, pass the ball around until it's over

·
Registered
63 Posts
Some people would say that, yes, that and they'd be wrong. Because now all of the record books have 20-0 in them forever, and those poor players will always remember the 20-0 scoreline. As if "treating the opponent seriously" has any meaning in this circumstance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts