Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The board is expecting me to win the First League this season, I have £10.5million and £950,000p/w for wages.

To make up for Pedretti going to Lyon I am hoping to bring Mathieu Bodmer to the club, also a few defenders as I am thin at the back. Ive made a bid of £3.5million up front for Bodmer.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is my team:

Looking forward to the new season, as Frank Ribery wont be leaving :D Also Samir Nasri will play a lot, which means I should be able to create many a chance, add to this a potential Cana-Bodmer CM partnership I should be able to compete with anyone in the league in midfeild. If I can sort out the defense problems I will get another striker to bang in the chances.

·
Registered
56,011 Posts
Ciaran said:
Im back! Stopped posting on the Dorchester game because it took too long and I didnt think there was much interest in the game.

So here I am, in charge of Marseille, and with one goal on my mind, to take over from lyon as the dominant force in French Football.
good luck:D

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
:D

I found the whole site, which is really cool...where did you get the ones for Bayonne? I only see Ligue 1 and some Ligue 2 on the site. But now that I see it, I might have to start a French story simply because of this site (and because its a cool league). I wonder if there is something like this for Italian teams...

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well with m out of the Euro Vase, and with the first League game against Nantes only 7 days away, I have still to make a signing after failing to lure in Mathieu Bodmer from Lille. I have decided that my defense is actually pretty strong after a closer look, and I feel I need 2 more midfeilders and 1 or 2 strikers in order to challenge for the title.

Here are some of the midfielders I have identified as potential signings:
Tom Huddlestone
Kim Kallstrom
Feddy Guarin(Although the earliest he would move would be next summer)
Lionel Mathis
Lee Bowyer

And the Strikers:
Fernandao
Alexandr Kerzhakov
Liedson
Cacau

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is another Update.

Mascherano and Tevez were both on the verge of a move to Marseille but both pulled out at the last second, meaning I didnt get to splash my cash on players. Louis Saha failed a medical after agreeing terms over a £3.4 Million move.

Out of the signings that came in Julian Brellier is probably the best and the one with the biggest reputation. he signed for 100k from Hearts of Midlothian.

The second signing was young Swede centre back Mattias Bjarsmyr, who signed on the dotted line for £325 a week for 3 years. Brought in as backup and as a future prospect. He signed from IFV Goteborg.

The final signing was exciting teenage Swede striker Rawaz Lawan from Malmo FF for 500k. He signed a 5 year deal on £3,000 a week and comes with electric pace.

The season has had ups (4-1 win over PSG, 5-2 win over Nice, Mendoza's scoring record) and lows (2 straight defeats) but altogether it has been fairly solid considering the awfull close to the transfer window I had. Top players so far have been Taiwo, Nasri and Mendoza (8 goals in 6 league games).

So the table looks like this:

As you can see Lyon struggling, a few injuries seem to have hit them hard, but my goal isnt to beat them in the league, its to take their championship off them, and I am some way off that yet.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Results

Highs were the wins over Ajacio and Strasboug, that kept up some good form, also the return of origional first choice striker Mamadou Niang and Samir Nasris glittering form.

Lows were undoubtadly the 4-0 thrashing, everything they touched seemed to go in, it was unbeleivable. Also only 1 goal in the last 3 games and mendoza picking up his 3rd yellow card leaving him suspended from the trip to Monaco.

Team Stats

As you can see Mendoza certainly cooled down on the goalscoring front this month, but Gimenéz took over, despite not starting the last three games. Rawaz Lawan continues to get into great positions, but failing to hit the back of the net. Im confident he will become a 30 goal a season striker.

League Standings

As you can see Lyon have stormed back up the table with St Ettiene and Monaco looking likely to finish 1st and 2nd already. I have lost massive ground over the leaders in the last three games, but with my next 2 fixtures against Monaco and Lyon, i have a chance to gain back ground.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts