Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bayern Munchen - Real Madrid CF 1-2 (1-1)

Jancker & Elber Anelka

I'm just gonna comment our game:
Tactic: I was very happy with the way we played tactically in defense. There really seems to be no problem with that and Helguera was IMO the man of the match. He was just everywhere! Loved him.

Casillas: he is so weird! I mean the longshots, that seem to be so hard to catch, well no problem for him, and then he caughs up a couple of lamers! i don't get it. Last night: a 6 in the CM3 scale.

Roberto Carlos: good game last night, nothing to spectacular, one really, nice and hard shot. Solid. A 7 in the CM3 scale.

Julio Cesar: a brilliant game! Besides Ivan H. the best guy on the field. I was very impressed with his game. OUTSTANDING. Hierro better be packing his bags if JC Santos keeps up the form :) Mark: 8

Helguera: like I said, IMO the man of the match. An absolute rock at the heart of the defense. Was always there, in the critical moments. A 9!

Ivan Campo: good, solid game. Nothing you can really say agaisnt him. Seems to be smartening up a bit lately. Too late I fear, as no one likes him :( And the haircut!!! :( Mark: 7

Geremi: He's much better as a attacking player, when he doesn't have to worry about the defense. Last night he showed some good touches, but all in all an OK match. Mark: 7

McManaman: IMO the worst player on the field. Completely invisible. Couldn't see him running, nothing. Very weak game. Mark: 5

Savio: The MAN is back! Fast, smart and soooooooo technichal. I love him! Mark: 8

Raul: was he really on the field? Not a great game from him. Didn't know wether to attack or defend. Mark: 6

Anelka: His best game by far in Real Madrid. For the first time, he actually threatened more then once! I was so happy with his game. And yes! he's the one who stopped Bayern. All our goals game from Nicola$! Maybe we should keep him?

What is yalls opinion? How about the tactic?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
what about redondo? thought he was absolutely fabulous, even more so than the ManU game; this guy has guts, strength, skill and intelligence. there was also a particular period when r madrid strung almost 20 passes together that culminated in anelka blasting over .... wonderful stuff. if they win the european cup playing this sorta soccer, it will send signals across europe that attacking soccer is the way to go. that can only be good for the game. congratulations on an excellent showing once again.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, yeah I forgot Redondo. IMO he played an OK game. I wasn't though overwelmed by him, because it was more Effenbergs bad night then Fernando's good. I think he didn't have all that much to break down in midfield, but a respectable performance. Mark: 7

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey Labas

Some comments to your player analysis. I almost agree with you and yes Savio is back, what a pass to Anelka!!! But i disagree with your valuation of Julio Cesar and Redondo.

Redondo: What do you have against that guy. It was a exciting game, I think I almost got a heart attack but Redondo gave the Real Madrid play calmness with his precise passes an ball control. He also marked Effenberg well. So I will say at least a mark: 8 to Redondo.

Julio Cesar: Okay he made some spectacular tackles and defense play but he is not stabile. During the game he forgot to mark he's player and he was not looking strong with the high balls. It's a player like him that make the Real Madrid defence shaky. He got talent but I think Karanka is better and I don't have to compare him with Hierro. I will give him a mark: 6 only because of his spectacular tackles.

We really got to play a good game on may the 24th if we want to beat Valencia and off course we will do that.

To all the Barca fans you really sucked yesterday and who's gonna be your new coach (ha ha).

Hala Madrid

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
For me players like Julio Cesar and Geremi that have played very few games should be praised on their performance given the circumstances. They gave their best on the field. Especially Julio Cesar's wonderful tackle on a Bayern player (I forget who) when he was face to face with Casillas should be taught in a football seminar.

On Savio now I disagree a little bit. He's turning better of course, but where is the player he used to be before his injury? I don't think he's recovered his full confidence yet.

I also disagree on Macca being the worst player in the field. I think that one was Raul. I was unpleasantly surprised by the facility he'd lose the ball from Bayern defenders. Anyway, even the best players can have a bad performance occasionally.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cannot agree! IMO Julio Cesar played an absolutley Ingenious game, in the air he was excellent too. You must have been mixing him up with someone else, because was simply a rock on tuesday. And yes that last ditch tackle against jancker was world class. I'm so happy, he performed, because it means we have a new great defender. Also Geremi was good, so if he gets sold, I really will kill someone. You don't sell such talents!!! :(

Savio is back, but of course not back to his absolute peak. But he'll be ther come Paris :)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I thought that the performance was top class in the sense that we knew what we had to do and did it. Macca seems to playing a defensive midfielder role nowadays (sacrificing his play for the team) but don't expect him to occupy that role in the final.
Raul was invisible but the point is I don't care. Our attackers were never going to shine in this game and may I say well done to Del Bosque on his great choice of tactics.

Forza Cesar, Helguerro, Carlos, Geremi and oh yes......Campo aka Howards Stern.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts