Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think none can disqualify their defensive talents, no other league on the planet comes remotely close to their natural abilities in the art of defense.

Yet year after year we have to put up with the constant praises Serie A receives for their defensive skills, while we of the Easter Island Chapionship Tournament of Men Football - EICTMF receive absolutely no respect from the people on this board!!

I say we shall put an end to this! Respect our league and our glorious NT

eat that you little pizza head! :tongue:

ps. EPL should limit their league to PKs, where is the challenge in scoring against such pathetic defenders?

sera que alguem morde a isca? :(

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
:howler: :howler: :howler:

I was about to start the defense of the Venezuelan league, but then I remembered Latinlover and thought he might come back for that:tongue:

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
I can see several weak points in that wall to score on a freekick, and they don't look that agile or quick in the first steps.

Fred, maybe you should upgrade your sarcasm detector to the latest version?

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Liternit said:
I think none can disqualify their defensive talents, no other league on the planet comes remotely close to their natural abilities in the art of defense.

Yet year after year we have to put up with the constant praises Serie A receives for their defensive skills, while we of the Easter Island Chapionship Tournament of Men Football - EICTMF receive absolutely no respect from the people on this board!!

ps. EPL should limit their league to PKs, where is the challenge in scoring against such pathetic defenders?

RUBBISH!!! Your league is crap there is no flair and your players can't even control a ball! It's like a whole league of crap like Emile Heskeys and Paul Scholes. EIL is overrated by the Easter Island media, EPL is MUCH BETTER :stuckup:

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Good tall impressive specimen of defenders you have there.

Often described as 'hardmen', these Easter Island prove time and time again that the title is a appropiate as they take no prisoners unlike the Australians. But that is where the good points end.

Firstly, they can be found wanting in pace and a ball in betweem any two of them should do the trick.

Furthermore while they are masters of playing in a straightline they are no geniuses when it comes to springing the offside trap. Opposition players would usually bypass their offside trap with superlative ease.

Movement and passing upfront can be a bit of a sham so I would be suprise if they manage to register a goal.

I have seen them play once.

America Samoa 53 Easter Island 0

nuff said

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Liternit said:

:howler: :howler: :howler: :howler:

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Re: In defense of the Easter Island League

Fred Elliot said:
:tongue: its true mate ;)

barça said:
:howler: :howler: :howler:

I was about to start the defense of the Venezuelan league, but then I remembered Latinlover and thought he might come back for that:tongue:
Venezuelan league sucks, there is nothing to defend about it

TARITARIRIRE

JKris said:
I can see several weak points in that wall to score on a freekick, and they don't look that agile or quick in the first steps.

Fred, maybe you should upgrade your sarcasm detector to the latest version?
Look whos talking aside from Nesta your line back could be playing in SUB40 tournaments :howler: Cafu, Pancaro and Maldini 100 years combined :p so much for agile :(

Andy Christ said:
They all look like Jaap Stam.
Could stop posting useless comments just for the sake of geting more posts?

MINDSCAPE said:
Good tall impressive specimen of defenders you have there.
I stoped reading after that line, thanks for the effort

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Re: Re: Re: In defense of the Easter Island League

Liternit said:
Look whos talking aside from Nesta your line back could be playing in SUB40 tournaments :howler: Cafu, Pancaro and Maldini 100 years combined :p so much for agile :(
They have supermodels who help them "stretch". What does your guys have? Moss? Fungid?

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Re: Re: Re: In defense of the Easter Island League

Liternit said:
:tongue: its true mate ;)

Venezuelan league sucks, there is nothing to defend about it

TARITARIRIRE

Could stop posting useless comments just for the sake of geting more posts?

I stoped reading after that line, thanks for the effort
Arrogant prick, No sarcasm intended :)

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Re: Re: Re: In defense of the Easter Island League

JKris said:
They have supermodels who help them "stretch". What does your guys have? Moss? Fungid?
don´t they have better things to do with supermodels?

King of the Kop said:
Arrogant prick, No sarcasm intended :)
thanks :) no go tell your boy what sarcasm means and leave us Islanders alone.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: In defense of the Easter Island League

JKris said:
I never told you which muscle they "stretch".
then be specific :tongue:

Milan has a fine defence as good as Easter Island defence, but what happens when Maldini retires? Laursen takes charge :D you would still have Nesta :star: (the supreme shirt puller j/k) but not even him can make up for Laursen. I would love to see Roque Junior and Laursen at Milan though :tongue:

Also Cafu was a nice surprise, he has been playing better at Milan than he did in his last season in Roma. But I guess it only natural when you play in a better team.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts