Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
45,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to give to serie A what belongs to serie A.
Too many times I have read in this Forum that serie A is boring. And which is the motivation? The final of CL in the last season was not spectacular. :rolleyes:
Starting from that match, the biased serie A bashers, follow with arguments that are completely wrong and false, such as the ultradefensivism of Italian teams.
I wonder: have these guys watched some other matches between Italian teams apart the final of CL of the last season?
For example, have someone watched some Sampdoria matches?
Sampdoria way of playing is similar to the way of playing of an English club. The coach adopts a 4-4-2 with two side-backs, Zenoni and Bettarini, always attacking and crossing from their flanks, two 2-ways midfielders, Donati (or Palombo, more defensive) and Volpi, two attacking midfielders like Diana and Doni and two centerforwards, Bazzani and Cipriani (now that Flachi is injured). Sampdoria always attack, home and away, even vs the top clubs.
I talked about Sampdoria, but did you watch Chievo? They also adopt 4-4-2 even if it's a bit different, with two side backs who hardly attack and constitute a 4-line men with the center backs which goes up and down with pressing and offside trap.
Chievo is a very offensive team with two wingers who can become two true forwards for a 4-2-4.
Lecce is trained by Delio Rossi, a coach who usually adopts 4-3-3. One year ago in serie B vs Sampdoria played (and won) with three forwards whose age summed was 55 (!!!): Konan, Vucinic and Bojinov. Chevanton was injured in that match but he is not much older (23) and he is a formidable forward.
Empoli last year was one of the biggest surprises. This year the coach Baldini left , but the team formation is still Real Madrid's 4-2-3-1 with a probable future Italian star on the left, Di Natale and Rocchi, the man who defeated Milan and Inter at Sa Siro and scored a hattrick to Juventus, upfront.
Modena is trained by Malesani, another coach who is not surely famous for defensivism, on the contrary, he is famous for attacking mentality. His Verona got relegated two years ago, but had a fabulous Trio upfront: Camoranesi-Frick-Mutu with Oddo, running on the right flank.
And I'm just talking about the little clubs!!! :eek:
I could follow but I think it's enough...

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
yea who watch only the same teams :)yuck: ) could think that Serie A is boring. But is not boring.
You must try to see the games of the "provinciali" ! :D

ah,my team adopt 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-3 or 3-5-2

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
La Liga doesnt need defending.The only team in Serie A that i lke watching is Chievo, and that includes Roma etc.They appeal to me and play good stuff.But on a whole Serie A is boring, widely acknowledged, stop trying to change a fact.

D

·
0 Posts
yeah well, you think Adriano is one of the top two strikers in the world so what would you know.

And Toni, people where calling Seria Snore boring YEARS before last years CL final.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
yeah well, you think Adriano is one of the top two strikers in the world so what would you know.

And Toni, people where calling Seria Snore boring YEARS before last years CL final.
i can see more games of your league ,and i can say that if serie A is boring your league is more and more and more boring:D

·
Registered
45,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
King of the Kop said:
But on a whole Serie A is boring, widely acknowledged, stop trying to change a fact.
Doc_Rule said:
Here are two people who just watched the final of CL. :tongue:

KOK, I just talked about the small clubs cause I hoped that you had watched the big ones but if you say that even Roma is boring than you really do not have a clue of serie A. :eek:

Totti e Cassano ve li sognate! :howler:

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I don't think Serie A is boring.I watch games and i find both Serie A and EPL interesting.

When it has to do with the quality of footballers EPL can no way be compared to Serie A.I don't know if it has to do with work permits but English clubs lose always some big talents (like Adriano,Chevanton etc) and based on Europeans they miss that "something" from their game,that flair in their squads.So in talented players that we enjoy to watch Serie A outclasses.Here,the "enemies" of Serie A can mention Inter.Who have great players but last years they play boring football cause of their formations and mentality.But even if this stands,you can you still enjoy the explosions of players with great skills.And that's what counts for the fans.Of course we like to discuss the formations and be coaches in the place of coaches,but most of all we want good array.We will enjoy most ONE wonderful move of an attractive player than a whole match of a well builded and hard working squad.And Serie A has more footballers who can offer this to us.EPL outclasses Serie A when is has to do with the suspense of the games.Cause a small team can compete and even win the big easier than in Serie A.Charlton can go to CL this year,Wolves won United.And generally i can easier think of City winning Liverpool than Siena winning Inter.

In a few words,i find both leagues interesting even if i catch myself supporting mainly the Italians teams when they meet the English one in European competitions.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
King of the Kop said:
Serie A is boring, widely acknowledged, stop trying to change a fact.
No one's trying to change a fact, they are trying to state one.

What you have said here is a mistake:

It is only widely aknowledged amongst ignorant English people, sorry to say it but...there's a fact:stuckup:

Serie A gets more ratings than any other league in the World, there must be a reason why so many people love to watch it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
serie a is boring,defencive....it is not bad thing it is just the style they chose

i cant understand how some can say that it is not defencive !!

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
HE is obviously On par with any top quality EPL strikers. Look at his age and what is he doing now...not even Henry or RVN did that much when they are on his age. So just shut up.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Narentino said:
HE is obviously On par with any top quality EPL strikers. Look at his age and what is he doing now...not even Henry or RVN did that much when they are on his age. So just shut up.
100% right.

·
Registered
45,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Max Depor said:
serie a is boring,defencive....it is not bad thing
Boring is not bad thing????? :D

Anyway serie A is neither boring nor particularly defensive. I invite all those who say the contrary to see 1 match and I say just 1 of serie A, cause I'm quite sure that here those who say that serie A is boring just watched Milan-Juventus of CL or Cuper's Inter (and I underline Cuper's cause with Zac the music is different)

1 - 20 of 257 Posts