Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In contention...

I like the thread started by MxPx, so let's start building a pool of players we would like to see in the NT:

1. 'keepers:
Manninger (Fiorentina)
Goriupp (Kärnten)
Almer (GAK)
Weber (Tirol)

for the future:
Arzberger (Salzburg)
Payer (Rapid)
Mandl (FAK)

Other suggestions?

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Like I stated in that thread, those goalkeepers are exactly my choices.
So, nothing to add. :)

arantes mentioned Andreas Schranz for the future, by the way.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Just found out that I have something to add:
For the future: :star:Hans-Peter Berger:star: (Bad Bleiberg)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
In my book we just don't have what we had for ages and ages: two first class keepers fighting for number 1. In my book we currently have a big number of quite good keepers, but non of them is anywhere near the international class our former NT keepers had.

So my suggestion is to send Martina Kaiser to Brescia (Schopp could conveniently be used as an excuse) to seduce and marry Luca Castellazzi. In today's novantesimo minuto, this man made me wish very hard he had Austrian citizenship.

And oh, yes, I also saw Manninger today.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
MxPx said:
arantes mentioned Andreas Schranz for the future, by the way.
I don't remember that but as we already have a rather long list of goalkeepers who are said to be talented but haven't played regularely yet we could as well add him. There is not too much I can tell about him, only that he has been a reliable backup and that his style is more specatcular than Almer's (not the most important information, I know...).

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
arantes on page 1 of Our shortlist for the Nachtfalke said:
I don't think Almer has any future in the NT as I rate Manninger and Goriupp higher.
And we'll see who of the young talents (Mandl, Payer, Schranz, Weber) will achieve the No.1-position at their teams soon.
;)

About the international class of our goalies... I don´t think we´re much weaker on the keeper sector than we were with the Konsel/Wohlfahrt/Konrad/Lindenberger-generation.
As soon as some of our talents have proven themselves more, they´ll be just as strong.

I can well imagine having 4 equally strong keepers, like we had for the WC90, soon.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Alright. I guess the likes of Koncilia and Konsel are out of reach and also the likes of Fuchsbichler and Wohlfahrt. To me the current chaps are Lindenberger material and that's a HUGE difference. But I guess we won't reach an agreement here, so let's move on........;)

:)

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How about Jürgen Macho?

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...thought about him too, but I did not see him play for a long time....

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...you mean that list next to our "non-talent players list", led by Winkelhofer and Haas...?...:D

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
I have to agree with Alexx. Konsel and Wohlfahrt in their best days are out of reach at the moment. (I can't compare Koncilia, as I never saw him play.) Even Konrad in his one and a half years of good keeping was better.

But Mandl, Payer and Co could become top-keepers if they get their chance to proove themselves. (That's as far as I go on that item this time, Alexx ;))

And I like the idea of testing Macho. He had some good games when Sörensen was injured, as far as I know, so why not have a closer look? But I fear he's wasting his talent by being number 2 for too long like Manninger.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Alexx said:
...you mean that list next to our "non-talent players list", led by Winkelhofer and Haas...?...:D
And I hope they lead by a mile... :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts