Xtratime Community banner

If Rossi is fired, who would you appoint as Lazio coach until the end of the season?

• Roberto Donadoni

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Bruno Giordano

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Francesco Guidolin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giuseppe Papadopulo

• Diego Pablo Simeone

• Nedo Sonetti

• Gianluca Vialli

• Alberto Zaccheroni

• Zdenek Zeman

• Dino Zoff

• Our Lady of the Divine Love

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Stefano Colantuono

• Lotito himself

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps Siviglia has saved Rossi's job, but theorically, if Lotito fires Delio, who would you appoint as new coach, until the end of this season (and possibly even further, if the new coach does well)? Here's a list of unemployed coaches to pick.

For sure, I have forgot someone. So, if you have a reasonable option (I have not put Mancini, for example, because Lazio can not afford to pay his wages), you can tell the moderators to add it. At le3ast they will work a wee bit. :)

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I can't say I am overjoyed by the prospect of any of those people taking over, but if I have to pick, it would probably be Donadoni. Dark past in commieland aside, he did decently as an Azzurri coach, so this experience will help him battle the crazy amount of pressure from the media in Rome. I do suspect his wage demands are way bigger than Lotito is ready to offer, though.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Just wrote a long post and voted...didn't realize the vote was going to delete the post. Oh well. My point was that pretty much nobody would be ready to sign just for the rest of the season, so this poll is really about next season's coach. I ended up with Donadoni, as well, although I wouldn't mind giving some new guy a chance...I always like it when somebody out of the musical chairs game that is Italian football coaching brings in new ideas. Simeone or Vialli could do that.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
How about Stefano Colantuono? I don't have an opinion on him but he's without a job and has been linked with Lazio before.

I voted Our Lady of Divine Love since I'm not too fond of any of the other options.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I voted Our Lady of Divine Love
I guess Lotito would do the same choice. After all, it's for free and probably the most effective. "A free coach is well worth a Mass"...
As for Colantuono, I don not know how to edit the options, so if the moderators can, they may add that coach.

I voted for Zoff. He has already saved us a couple of times, after Zeman first and Eriksson then were fired. He knows what means coaching Lazio and coaching in that crazy environment called Rome. His teams are not the best at entertaining, but substance is what we need, right now.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Added Contanuono...and also Lotito. Let's see if the Divine lady can handle the race against Lotito himself. :)

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
I voted Donadoni.

Some in that list were too old...some others too young.

Like I mentioned somewhere else, Donadoni was coached by some great coaches in the past and he may have learned something from them. + the sting with the Italian NT.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My point was that pretty much nobody would be ready to sign just for the rest of the season, so this poll is really about next season's coach.
Unless a catastrophic event happens (such as, for example, Lazio very close to the relegation zone), the most probable scenario is Rossi finishing the championship and then Lotito deciding what will be with Delio. With Lazio winning a place in the European Cups (Champions or UEFA), Rossi will be Lazio coach next season too. Otherwise, it is very hard to think that Lotito confirms Delio as Lazio coach. In the end, probably we will know only at the end of Serie A if Rossi will still sit on the Lazio bench next season, which is quite bad (the time we we will be able to know, I mean), taking in consideration that clubs start planning the strategies for the following season in March/April.
Anyway, if this poll was about next season's possible Lazio coach, I would have put a totally different list of (affordable) coaches, including Allegri, Ballardini, Acori, Mazzarri, Giampaolo, all coaches that at the moment are not unemployed, unfortunately... :)

·
International
6,519 Posts
Cagliari's Allegri would do wonders I believe...

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Cagliari's Allegri would do wonders I believe...
He is also quite a good coach and I would not object to his appointment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts