Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you might know im a stadium freak....i love new developments or constructions. Because of this i found some pics of the Inlnü roof project....;)

·
*the drum drum*
42,862 Posts
Is that really necessary?

Building a roof makes it all that much harder to expand the stadium in future..
If it was a 40,000 seater, then no problem.. But for a stadium that seats abuot 20,000, you can't rule out any future expansions..

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Re: Inön�Eroof project!

Cengo said:
As many of you might know im a stadium freak....i love new developments or constructions. Because of this i found some pics of the Inln�Eroof project....;)

i know you are a stadium freak, Cengo,

how about its reality?:)

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
beautiful location...but they need more seats sinced ever1 wants to watch them, with the valencia and other european matches comin too...

J

·
0 Posts
Hey Cengo, you have anymore high quality stadium pics? Doesn't have to to be Turkish stadiums...

·
*the drum drum*
42,862 Posts
koreancrew said:
beautiful location...but they need more seats sinced ever1 wants to watch them, with the valencia and other european matches comin too...
Here's Cengo's signiture translated... This is what Serdar Bilgili said on TV I think (or it might've been a newspaper interview)..

"For us the ideal stadium capacity is 28,000 - 30,000. It's hard for us to get 50,000 - 55,000 people to a game. It has to be accepted that Fenerbahçe supporters are something else, their mad about their team. Even if they've lost their chance in the league, 45,000 - 50,000 people still turn up to their games"

So, not trying to praise the Fener supporters or criticise the Besiktas lot, but just pointing out the president's views on the clubs stadium..

I really think Besiktas would do better with a 40,000 capacity stadium..
One day, the economy is going to improve, and people are going to start flocking back to the games.. And even then, if their not getting a whole lot, they can do what Dortmund does and sell tickets for 1/2 or 1/3 of the normal price..

And besides, I think that their shuold be at least 2-3 first class, big stadiums in the country.. And who better to own them then the big 3 clubs? ;)

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tolga said:

And besides, I think that their shuold be at least 2-3 first class, big stadiums in the country.. And who better to own them then the big 3 clubs? ;)
If we ant to host an EC or a WC in the future we will need more then 2-3 first class stadiums.

Imo every big city in Türkiye should have at least one first class stadium.

This is how i would like it to look like:

Istanbul - 3 first class stadiums
Ankara - 2
Izmir - 2
Bursa - 1
Antalya - 1
Trabzon - 1
Diyarbakir - 1

·
*the drum drum*
42,862 Posts
It's pushing it a little.. 11's a bit much IMO..

One in Izmir is good enough.. Just revamp the old Olympic stadium..

Trabzon should have a better stadium..

Ankara for sure should have 1 world class stadium..

But then you think, why?
There's no use really.. Sure, it would be useful "if" we won a European Cup etc.. But what about besides that?
Adanaspor is the only team from the city, and they can't get decent crowds..
Ankaragucu and Genclerbirligi can only fill their stadiums at most 4 times a year (the 'home' derby, and their matches against the big 3)..

Diyarbakir has some good support, but I won't get into that..

Malatya has good support, but what about when the team starts going bad?

There's not enough supporters in the stadiums for us to want/need so many world class stadiums.. Unfortunete but true :eek:

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tolga said:
It's pushing it a little.. 11's a bit much IMO..

One in Izmir is good enough.. Just revamp the old Olympic stadium..

Trabzon should have a better stadium..

Ankara for sure should have 1 world class stadium..

But then you think, why?
There's no use really.. Sure, it would be useful "if" we won a European Cup etc.. But what about besides that?
Adanaspor is the only team from the city, and they can't get decent crowds..
Ankaragucu and Genclerbirligi can only fill their stadiums at most 4 times a year (the 'home' derby, and their matches against the big 3)..

Diyarbakir has some good support, but I won't get into that..

Malatya has good support, but what about when the team starts going bad?

There's not enough supporters in the stadiums for us to want/need so many world class stadiums.. Unfortunete but true :eek:
They dont need to be huge stadiums, around 20-25,000 would be enough, but first class. Anadolu team are getting more fans every day because they understand the need of supporting their local teams. And we have all witnessed how tough the Turkish league has become lately making the smaller teams more "supportable"....;)

My dream is that we will host a boig championship in the next 10 years and for that we need a lot more first class stadiums.

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
*the drum drum*
42,862 Posts
The team's aren't in any situation to build stadiums either..

We saw how much Fener had to sacrifice to expand the stadium..

I think we'll need to win the rights to a tournament, and then build the stadiums with government money instead :D

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
From what I can remember...

To host a WC or EC a country must at least have 8 First Class stadiums from 6 different cities.

Some of the stadiums England used for Euro2000 are:

1. Old Trafford (Manchester)
2. Anfield (Liverpool)
3. St James' Park (Newcastle)
4. Wembley (London) (Now Knocked Down)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts