Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our football has always been far from what we see in Europe and South America. People might say that yes we are improving, but I don't think we are. Look at countries like Japan, China and South Korea. They have passed us and many of their players are playing abroad in the big European leagues and are actually important players in the respected clubs.

Can it be problem of money? No it can't. Look at the poor African countries like Senegal, Cameroon and other countries in that region. The French league is packed with them and little by little they are moving to the big 3 leagues. You see Eto'o being the 2nd best footballer this year. Can we imagine an Arabic player finishing in the top 20? No we can't!!

What can our FA's do to help and improve our football? The passion is there, every single arab kid loves and adores football. Plays football every single day. So where is the problem? Why are we soo far from the rest of the world?

IMO, few things that our FA's should and must do is improve our leagues, make proper youth training facilities available for youngsters. Try to make a contract with a French, Holland, Portugues club to give a try out to 3 or 4 of our players yearly.

There are many many things to do, but what do the people in charge do? Nothing!! They are awaiting a miracle which won't ever happen. Why would the European clubs buy the arab players if the leagues here are soo pooor that even a 15 year old Brazilian could finish top scorer.

The Qatar league and Qatar football seems to really be the only one which is going in the right direction and I assure you people in the next 5-8 years we will see the outcome. Look at what they built there, the big sport complex, Aspire or whatever its called.

Why can't such training facilities and schools be opened in the other countries? Us arab countries are thank god rich thanks to our natural resources. Use that money to improve our football.

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
Give Iraq one year and Iraq will be one of the strongest team in Asia.
Actually Iraq played in the last Asian Cup with the Olympic team, and we did a good job,
But now after merging the Olympic team with the 1st team

2005 results
Australia 2-1 Iraq *
Jordan 0-1 Iraq
Bahrain 2-2 Iraq
Cyprus 2-1 Iraq **
Qatar 0-0 Iraq #
Kuwait 0-0 Iraq ***
Palestine 0-4 Iraq
Saudi Arabia 1-5 Iraq
Saudi Arabia 0-2 Iraq
Syria 2-2 Iraq [PK 3-4 to Iraq]

+ we won West Asian Games 2005

* Iraq played with Australia without our big guns, without Nashat, Younis, Samal Saeed, Qusay Munir .. etc.
** Iraq played with Cyprus with the 2nd team, and the funny thing Haider AbdulAmier played as a DM and he is a Side back? alot of players were missing.
*** Iraq Deserve to win over Kuwait, thanks to the Kuwaiti referee he disallowed a true goal.
# I didnt saw Iraq vs Qatar match, but all i know they are the Gulf Champion.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mussav said:
Give Iraq one year and Iraq will be one of the strongest team in Asia.
Actually Iraq played in the last Asian Cup with the Olympic team, and we did a good job,
But now after merging the Olympic team with the 1st team

2005 results
Australia 2-1 Iraq *
Jordan 0-1 Iraq
Bahrain 2-2 Iraq
Cyprus 2-1 Iraq **
Qatar 0-0 Iraq #
Kuwait 0-0 Iraq ***
Palestine 0-4 Iraq
Saudi Arabia 1-5 Iraq
Saudi Arabia 0-2 Iraq
Syria 2-2 Iraq [PK 3-4 to Iraq]

+ we won West Asian Games 2005

* Iraq played with Australia without our big guns, without Nashat, Younis, Samal Saeed, Qusay Munir .. etc.
** Iraq played with Cyprus with the 2nd team, and the funny thing Haider AbdulAmier played as a DM and he is a Side back? alot of players were missing.
*** Iraq Deserve to win over Kuwait, thanks to the Kuwaiti referee he disallowed a true goal.
# I didnt saw Iraq vs Qatar match, but all i know they are the Gulf Champion.
But are these teams really in the level of the European and South American teams?

The team Iraq faced there could get beaten from 3-0 to 6-0 by any decent national team ;).

Iraq are strong within this region, but do you really think it can compete with the big guns?

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
Real_Madrid said:
But are these teams really in the level of the European and South American teams?

The team Iraq faced there could get beaten from 3-0 to 6-0 by any decent national team ;).

Iraq are strong within this region, but do you really think it can compete with the big guns?
now no, but just I said give Iraq one year, and I'm sure we can face strong teams,

IF we keep our this mood and develop it, Iraq Finally for the 1st time will play with the full stars, Akram Salman our Coach, he announced the roster to the Asian Cup qualification, and for the 1st time our big guns will play together,

but beside that, the team missed some stars, Future stars
like Mostafa Karim, Iraq Super League last year top scorer with 16 goals
he is only 18 years, he will play with the youth team, i hope he play for the 1st team. also he now the top scorer in the Iraq Super League,

and I hope we call the Romanian player, Salih Jabir he is Iraqi but he have Romanian passport, he is the top scorer in his club,

these two players if they joined the team, Iraq will be unbeatable

Also I hope Ahmed AbdulJabbar my favorite player recover from his Injury, he is a good dribbler player, I like him very much
He assisted the goal against Jordan and he played very well
Apollon wanted him, but because his injury … you know

Any way this is Iraq squad list (rate = stars)

Udai Talib
Yassir Raad
Haitham Kadhim
Haider Abdul-Amier (***)
Noor Sabri (***)
Bassim Abbas (***)
Wissam Kasid
Ali Hussain Rahima (***)
Louai Salah (***)
Ali Hussain
Samal Saeed (***)
Haider AbdulRazzaq (**)
Ahmed Salah
Salih Sadir (***)
Hawar Mulla Mohammed (****)
Mohammed Nassir (**)
Mahdi Karim (***)
Ahmed Kadhim (****)
Nashat Akram (*****)
Razzaq Farhan (***)
Younis Mahmoud (*****)
Emad Mohammed (***)
Qusay Munir (***)
Khalid Mshaier
Jassim Haji
Sarmad Rasheed
Wissam Kadhim
Wissam Zaki
Safwan Abdulghani
Moaued Khalid
Ali Jabir

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
Real_Madrid said:
You see Eto'o being the 2nd best footballer this year.
Eto'o isn't the second best, he is the 3rd best..

1st Ronaldinho
2nd Lampard
3rd Eto'o

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
I can only talk about Saudi football. The problem in Saudi is the grass roots, we don't have organised amateur and youth leagues, and our culture doesn't encourage people to take any hobby or sport seriously. Those are the fundemental problems IMO.

·
Registered
17,495 Posts
Our culture doesn't encourage people to take anything seriously unfortunately...or at least it seems that way when you summarize the youth of today.

But i agree, the problem with Saudi football is the mechanisms are just not there. The talent is there, the passion for the game is there, but the youth setup is non-existant.
That is what impedes us from catching up with rest of the world, we just don't invest in grass root projects to identify, cultivate and develop the great players of tomorrow. Our system is a very haphazard and inefficient one, there needs to be a plan for the future. That's the difference between us and everyone else, they have a vision for the future, we can't even see pass our noses...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
What can our FA's do to help and improve our football?
Alot. They can stop the nonsence they are doing now (In Oman) by stopping Omani players from going abroad. The FA can also influence other companies to atleast sponsor the teams/clubs. Create football schools or sport schools e.g. Aspire. I also heard about Man Utd opening a school in Abu Dhabi.

Speaking of Oman, a rare amount of people watch the domestic league but the vast majority appear when the national team is playing. If you want to improve your bloody national team and stop complaining about disapointing results, support the players who play for Omani clubs and then come and moan and nag.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Academies like Aspire will not change the state of football.

There is an Arsenal academy in Cairo (Wady Degla) of good quality but I don't think you need an academy to raise talent (plus, most of those academies are restricted to the rich kids).

If you look at all the successful Arab stars, they didn't come from fancy football academies. What they have in common is a professional attitude, the mental strength to keep motivated, and an ambitious target in mind (Euro football).

Most of our footballers dont believe in themselves.. or don't want to move away from home because they easily feel homesick.. or aren't motivated enough.. or can't handle the star status and go on a free fall as soon as they make the headlines.. or even play football just to provide for their families but don't even genuinely enjoy it like the top players do.. etc..

What we need is a change of mentality first and foremost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts