Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great News!
We are happy to announce we are improving security across our network and adding Secure Sockets Layer or SSL to the site. This means going forward you'll see Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS); the secure version of HTTP, the protocol used to send data between your browser and the website that you are connected to. This means all communications between your browser and the website will have another layer of encryption. We take the security of your data seriously so updates like this do happen from time to time. There is no downtime or major issues anticipated in this change. If you do notice anything about the site operating not as it should please make sure we are the first to know. You can send a PM to this account with details and we can investigate. Thanks, and if you have any questions about this let me know.
-Your Admin Team

·
Greta joke sharer
23,226 Posts
Damn, here I was hoping for another clandestine password reset so we could lose half of the active users again.

·
Registered
41,605 Posts
Thanks guys, this should be added in the next week or so.

Niall
You mean my posts that have just disappeared?

Why do you perform security or any bloody changes on a football forum during the football World Cup? Are you thick? Or just don't care about us?

I know you are Canadians and football is as alien as throwing boomerangs to catch food for you but it is our life and this isn't the first time you have chosen a major event to mess with us.

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Some of my posts went missing.

Some genius thought it was a good idea to do this 2 years ago during the euros.

We told you hack then not to do it at our busiest time! You just ignored it and did it again.

Unfbckingbelivable

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
This feature hasn't been implemented. Once it has you will know it when you will either see https:// at the start of the URL and/or a lock icon (depending on which browser you use).

The issue with deleted posts that Bill experienced was due to moving our database to a cloud server. The move was successfully completed and I asked VS to look into the ghost page issue, which N4L reported. VS acknowledged the forum is out of synch and will do a rebuild of the database to solve the problem.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
As far as the issue that Bentex reported goes. The cause of that would either be an overactive imagination, posting under the influence, attention whoring, Munchausen syndrome, dementia, insanity or a combination of any or all of these.

·
Administrator
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys, it's now live on SSL

We're qa-ing the site now. Keep this in mind. NON-SSL assets, so images etc, will not work on the site in an SSL environment. This is a known issue that will only be resolved when the sources of said assets catch up. SSL will be a requirement by 2019 so as long as it's taken us we're still ahead in this.

Kyle

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
There seems to be issue when checking users posts and threads started.

connection to sphinx03:3312 failed (errno=0, msg=php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known)

Cant see any user threads started or post history when checking under profile (statistics). The above message appears.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts