Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please, I need the answers on these questions: With what concept will be drawing the teams from Dutch Eredivise to the Champions league and UEFA Cup for the next season? i read somewhere that PSV Eindhoven has a sure ticket to Champions League and teams placed on 2nd-5th position will play playoff matches for the 2nd ticket to Champions league. Is it true? Will teams on 6th-9th position play playoff matches for 2 tickets to UEFA Cup?
My next question is about promoting to Eredivisie: Which teams from Gouden Gids divisie will play the playoff matches for promotion to Eredivisie? I know that teams on 16th and 17th position from Eredivisie´s table will play playoff matches with 8 teams from Gouden Gids divisie. Those 8 teams will be 5 winners of each period, except Excelsior who is the winner of one period but has a straight promotion place as the winner of Gouden Gids divisie, plus ... and here is my problem. I need to know the other 3 teams which will go to playoffs from Gouden Gids divisie.

thank you.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
rafben said:
i read somewhere that PSV Eindhoven has a sure ticket to Champions League and teams placed on 2nd-5th position will play playoff matches for the 2nd ticket to Champions league. Is it true? Will teams on 6th-9th position play playoff matches for 2 tickets to UEFA Cup?
true.

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
rafben said:
Those 8 teams will be 5 winners of each period, except Excelsior who is the winner of one period but has a straight promotion place as the winner of Gouden Gids divisie, plus ... and here is my problem. I need to know the other 3 teams which will go to playoffs from Gouden Gids divisie.

thank you.
The other clubs which've won a period are AGOVV, TOP Oss, FC Volendam, Haarlem and FC Zwolle. I guess they'll let the most highest ranked team which hasn't won a period take the 6th and final spot in the na-competitie and as things stand, it'll be VVV Venlo

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks friends, but i still don´t know how many teams go to playoffs from gouden gids divisie? is it 6 or 8 teams? If it will be 8 teams than which 3 teams, except winners of periods have the chance to go to playoffs?

·
Registered
936 Posts

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Didn't know that either. So the Eredivisieteams have to defeat two teams now to stay in, in a best of three style. Doesn't sound that bad, cause in the old situation you sometimes had teams being virtually knocked out after three games still having their influence in goaldifference or whatever. Now they will be knocked out and they can celebrate their holiday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts