Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
i've already tried several times on this forum to make people sign up for shareholders united... they're not interested though.

Can almost guarantee that the same guys here who ignored the pleas to join SU will be whinging & moaning when Glazer takes over.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pumba,
go to shareholdersunited.org
you'll get all the details there.
And Simba, (what is this the lion king forum?! :D), i know what you mean, all these people are only bothered about transfers, Ronaldo's stepovers, the next big younster by only basing their judgement on Football Manager or something. Why doesn't anyone here realise at all how crucial joining SU would be for the club. Do they have the slightest bit of interest, or are the the PLC's wet dream who just buy Official Merhcandise and love the megastore to Pieces?
I ask supporters out there, who has joined Shareholders UNited so far? and if not, WHY NOT?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KyleLeonard said:
i joined outside old trafford :)

Fabulous!
Get more people then, the time is now..
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Simba said:
i've already tried several times on this forum to make people sign up for shareholders united... they're not interested though.

Can almost guarantee that the same guys here who ignored the pleas to join SU will be whinging & moaning when Glazer takes over.

Perhaps you would have had more luck if you avoided the spin and told the truth rather than plucking numbers from the air people would have been more inclined to join?

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
So what's the spin CardiffRed? You obviously know more about SU than me.

The message couldn't be simpler. Unless there is a United fan with.. oh, £200m or so spare, our only chance of stopping Glazer is to collectively force ourselves into a position of power through a stake in the company via an elected body to act in our interest. (SU).

People always feel the need to put a good thing down.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I questioned the spin in your last thread about Glazer, interestingly that thread died as soon as I questioned the figures SU use to try and tell potential recruits how close they are to stopping a takeover.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
And just to help you here it is from the other thread.

Your post

This gives united fans enough time to gain 25% of the shares, thus preventing any full blown take over of the PLC. If you're a fan reading this and you haven't yet bought any shares, then go to the website in my sig... you can sign up with as little as £10 and it will help make a difference.

25% is the target, and we're already nearing 20%.
My reply

Somebody is being economical with the truth.

As at July 2004 there were 39,119 share holders in MU but 31,734 of them held less than 1000 shares. Even if SU got all these people to join they still would only have 2.92% of the shares issued.

If thats the case where does the other, taking a round figure of 20% from your estimate, 17.08% come from?

To control 1% of the club you need about 2,633,285.36 shares, to get 20% that would mean SU would need to be in possesion of an estimated 52 million shares.

Clearly they aren't in possesion of that many so how do you tally the magical 20% and leave yourself with a target of a further 5%?

Is it fair to assume that Shareholders United are staking an imaginary claim over shares held by people not belonging to SU when the possibility is that these people (the 17.08%) could be persuaded to sell to Glazer or at the very least have not decided which side of the pro/anti glazer fence they sit?

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
No point in telling su potentials that their efforts are futile is there CardiffRed, I'm not an ambassador for SU, I can only quote the figures which came from the top.

All i'm trying to achieve is promote SU amongst United fans in an attempt to save the club I love from a Corporate take over.

If you want to pour scorn on our efforts that then that's fine.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I'm all for fighting the good fight but I'm also all for telling the truth and making out that you are 5% away from a 25% target when the reality is SU only officially hold sway over less than 3% is a bit poor.

Surely that makes them (SU) no better than Glazer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually CardiffRed Su have never stated that we had 20% of the shares, The press have come up with that figure! What SU stated was that there is up to 18% of shares in fnas hands! so if we could get them all on side then we should be looking at owning 20% then the pro Glazer media twisted it saying we own 20% when we don't, so the uninformed think that we are lying! when we are totally honest with our facts and figures we have no reason to lie unlike glazer!

And most of the private shareholders I am talkkiong about where willing to support SU when contacted! How many have assinged their voting rights to SU i don't know!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts