Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the problem with Inter ? It's not the matter losing 3 or 4 games in the Serie A , Inter didn't win a single Scudetto from 1989 ! although Inter always has a group of world class players !!!

Is the problem in players , coach , or what ???

·
1st Tier Poster
48,878 Posts
No.

Of course some could say that it's because poor transfer policy, hiring managers without vision, the general lack of common sense by Moratti in running the club etc...

But I say they're cursed.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Bad hiring decisions... whether Coaches or Players.

Untimely Coach Sackings.

Bad Transfer policies...(player sackings?)

Over-desperate for quick-fixes... no longer term plannings.

Owner with excessive involvment with players.

All the above = Bad Management.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
There is no real problem with Inter, us fans for once should be honest and admit we deserve this. Why? Because we have supported an incompetent owner when he bought and did whatever he wanted with the club.

The day all fans realize Moratti should sell the club and he is no good guy (like the press portrays him) then we deserve better. Moratti is good to the press because he gives them plenty of material to discuss each season.

Think for a second about a boss that fires and hires people at will, would you consider him to be a good person? I for once wouldnt want to work in a place where the boss is so arrogant that he would just play around with peoples life as if it was a computer game.

Most people dont see Moratti like this simply because the Media has sold us the image of a decent man who is dumb and has no evil inside of him, which of course is totaly false if we see the way he continues to act.

He might as well win scudetto and have many fans but all the pain and suffering he might endure are well worth it.

As we speak fans are divided because some feel the players are the Culprit other supports Zac. What should really happend is that the fans should be blaming Moratti and remind him in the stadium that all of this, is soley his fault instead of looking for more excuses to support him.

·
Registered
43,759 Posts
Well I made a thread recently about this. Anyway, in short, I said that I think it's the upper-management and administration that's pampering the players too much. Too soft on them so there's no discipline. And that's why tantrums have been entertained and poor performances aren't condemned. SO the problem isn't the coach or the players themselves. I'd go so far to say that it's not even the transfer policy itself.

Anyway, Paddy Agnew (Serie A commentator) had something very interesting to say on this which seems to substantiate my own view. HE thinks the problem is NOT the coach but the fact that the coach gets no protection from the administration (eg. his disciplinary decisions aren't always carried out, his word does not go down as law while it would in other clubs, etc). The players on the other hand are overprotected.

Why does he think this? Well, he spoke to Roy Hodgson (ex-Inter coach) who basically told him about the state of affairs. And Hodgson was coach years ago (96-97 and a short while in 99).

So if this has been going on as long as that at least, we now know why our trophy cabinet hasn't been filling up with more scudetti. And we know what we have to do about it...

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Do you honestly believe that Moratti selling the club is a realistic option? The Nerazzurri faithful can talk and protest until they are blue in the face but the simple fact of the matter is that Moratti is not going to give up his handle on the club.

We're talking about a family dynasty in which Massimo is trying to live up to and match the successful days of his fathers presidency. Moratti has spent countless millions and if people think he is going to walk away from the club that has been his life both as a boy and now as president, just as a result of a few banners and continual criticism then I suggest they think again. It has been close to 10 years already hasnt it? Dont think that he is going to walk away any time soon...

Just as a final note, Roy Hodgson played Roberto Carlos in left midfield and ensured that Inter lost him the following season. He is not exactly a mastermind or great coach. His thoughts count for next to nothing.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Senna01 said:
Do you honestly believe that Moratti selling the club is a realistic option? The Nerazzurri faithful can talk and protest until they are blue in the face but the simple fact of the matter is that Moratti is not going to give up his handle on the club.

We're talking about a family dynasty in which Massimo is trying to live up to and match the successful days of his fathers presidency. Moratti has spent countless millions and if people think he is going to walk away from the club that has been his life both as a boy and now as president, just as a result of a few banners and continual criticism then I suggest they think again. It has been close to 10 years already hasnt it? Dont think that he is going to walk away any time soon...
True...

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Think about a country with a bad ruler, sooner or later a revolution is bound to happend, however if the country is happy with what it has, then no revolution will occur.

I always put the example of Barcelona, look how the socios made Gaspart leave.

People can´t deny that till this day many fans support Moratti because of all the money he has spent. All those guys who blame Cuper and the players for the current situation in fact are supporters of Moratti.

Those fans who forget that our player perform better when they leave (because other clubs are run better) support Moratti.

The current trend is to say this guys dont give their best, and that Zaccheroni is a victim of that. For crying out loud Zaccheroni couldnt get 3 point in the CL.

IF you check the polls in Italian websites around 30% of Inter fans support Zac that alone tells us that we deserve this. If we are willing to support Zac, Vieri and Moratti then we must accept the consenquences, doesnt matter if they are good or bad.

Against Chievo Inter should have a empty stadium, thats the best way to protest, dont burn thing, dont get banners They should just make San Siro look like a ghost town for the rest of the season, just a decent and rightous way to say, we can´t stand anymore the way you guys run this club.

Moratti should see that even if he owns the club, he does not owns the fans, by sacking Cuper, Moratti our owner wiped out 2 years of progress he sent us back to 0.

I believe that for some progress there is a need of smal retrocess, and with Cuper that retrocess was our type of game, we had to sacrifice fancy plays and attractive football just to get in the right direction.

I´m sure of one thing though as much as Inter hurts me currently I know moratti feels the pain 100 times, because everytime we lose badly he knows, he was the one who brought his friend (zac) to further humiliate us.

I will still defend my initial point, as long as we have a good amount of fans who justify the 5-1 against arsenal the 4-1 against Roma, the 3-2 derby and loses to brescia and empoli, we do not deserve better.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Mr M had taken the step to move aside... a positive sign... he will then delegate power over.. and remain himself as a sideline-owner. It looked to be proper, cuz.. he just cant throw everything aside. Therefore ... he is learning from the mistakes in a slow slow way.

Keep Moratti meaning the cash can keep flowing. Get the right man to do the job on the day to day running... I m not sure if Mr. F and Mr. MorEtti are good enough.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
The Solution As Basic As I Can Describe It

Keep Toldo, Canna, J. Zanetti, Stankovic, and Adriano.

Sell the rest of the team. Bring up the primevera, and slowly build a team. It will take a few years, but sometimes you have to take a step backwards, to later go forwards.

·
Registered
43,759 Posts
Senna01 said:

Just as a final note, Roy Hodgson played Roberto Carlos in left midfield and ensured that Inter lost him the following season. He is not exactly a mastermind or great coach. His thoughts count for next to nothing.
So then what is a realistic option?

As for Hodgson, it doesn't matter whether he's a great coach or not. It doesn't take a great mastermind to notice that he's not being given enough protection (comparatively).

And Hodgson aside, the conclusion that Paddy Agnew came to seems quite sensible, don't you think? Or do you think it's about the players and coach or that it's as simple as Moratti's meddling in transfers (and/or tactics)?

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
by sacking Cuper, Moratti our owner wiped out 2 years of progress he sent us back to 0.
Two years of "progress" = Cordoba left back, Cannavaro right back, Morfeo and Recoba left wing, substutting Van der Meyde for Helveg at 2-0 down(leaving Recoba on the bench)...

Yep, he was a tactical genious, your Hector...:rolleyes:

As for Hodgson, if it is true what he says, why did he come back for a second spell at Inter? And who has he been coaching in the past couple of years? A coaching non-entity if there ever was one.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Canna played as a right back two times. And that was when he was new and we had a CL qualification match to play, and didn´t want to jeopardize it by breaking up the duo Cordoba-Materazzi.

Cordoba played as a left back due to Coco being out injured and not feeling at ease to bench one of Cordoba, Canna and Materazzi.

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Jimmy said:
Canna played as a right back two times. And that was when he was new and we had a CL qualification match to play, and didn´t want to jeopardize it by breaking up the duo Cordoba-Materazzi.

Cordoba played as a left back due to Coco being out injured and not feeling at ease to bench one of Cordoba, Canna and Materazzi.
Not feeling at ease? Sorry, but the interest of the team should come before coaches "ease". Or not?

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
IMO Inter need a couple more good quality defenders at the back ,It figures with Canna he was at Parma and was marvellous with Thuram.Wit Italy he's always played along side Maldini and Nesta.
All great dfenders like to play next to great or good quality players just like in other positions.What do you think?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts