Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While he has yet to really prove himself to be a consistent performer - his match against Roma was one of his better displays.

If Tiago, can perform to the best of his ability - this would be HUGE for Juventus. To me, this could be a HUGE swing factor for our season.

If you had to ask me where Juventus's biggest weakness is....its in central midfield. We have many good strong tacklers but few who can control the ball and dictate the pace of the game while still holding their own in defence. This is supposed to be the type of player Tiago is.

We have won big games against Real Madrid and Roma but to be fair - none of these teams played well on the day and we were fortunate that Del Piero rose to the occasion to break the deadlock in both matches - We cannot always rely on DP to save us. When we are up against the likes of Milan, Inter, Manchester United, Liverpool etc.....we will not be able to maintain possession which means we would be relegated to defending and hitting long balls on the break. This is not optimal but at least can be effective if the side has bags of pace - which it clearly does not.

If your team does not have pace, then you need control. This is why it is important that Sissoko's partner can control the play. Lippi's 98 Juve was not a fast team but Deshamps and Zidane were able to control the pace of the game in midfield.

If Tiago plays at his best and can regularly get a rating of 6.5 or higher in each match - then Juventus can go really far this season.

If Tiago cannot perform consistently, then Ranieri will have to consider other options instead of Paulsen, Marchisio or C. Zanetti. I actually think that Camoranesi no longer has the pace to be an effective winger but can be used as a partner for Sissoko as he can control the ball well on his good days.

Midfield options are:

Marchionni-----Tiago----Sissoko-----Nedved

or

Giovinco------Camoranesi----Sissoko---Nedved

Of course, Giovinco, De Ceglie and Salihamidzic are other options on the flanks.

One final thing.....when Sissoko is not fasting.....he can be one of the best DMs in the world on his day.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
Your second option isn't an option at all. It will never happen.

Interesting though is Tiago saying he wants to leave in January if he doesn't play in the first team consistently until then. I find that a little dissapointing but worst case scenario, would you fans be satisfied with Marchisio and Zanetti to partner Sissoko?

·
Administrator
52,974 Posts
Zanetti is better then Tiago, and more well ranged passer in terms of final balls (Tiago is more of simple keep the flow passer, while Zanetti passes with vision). I dont see how you can just dismiss him like that, and group him with Momo and Poulsen who arent optimal passers of the ball exactly. You talk like Tiago shown more (two decent performances doesnt change much, except be good signs for improvement), when Zanetti was our assist leader last season.

And camelface, the Tiago wants to leave in January stuff is media fabricated. They rehashed a year ago interview for some reason.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
At first, i thought I saw "The impotence of Tiago" :howler:

And Cantenaccio, Momo said he didn't fast for Ramadan.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Zanetti is better then Tiago, and more well ranged passer in terms of final balls (Tiago is more of simple keep the flow passer, while Zanetti passes with vision).
That's insane. Must be a case of last years number of assists for Zanetti getting to you. One of them times where assists are deceiving.

·
Administrator
52,974 Posts
Yeah, its based on last season, suprised me enough how well he made pin point passes passes that easily created counter attacks well.

·
Registered
45,347 Posts
CZ was actually known for his passing with vision while he was at Roma. Didn't see to much of that at Inter, unfortunately.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
That's insane. Must be a case of last years number of assists for Zanetti getting to you. One of them times where assists are deceiving.
insane indeed.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
tis a shame tiago was injured minutes into the game. i was really looking forward to see how he would react to the physically imposing cambiasso-zanetti pairing.

·
Registered
97 Posts
C. Zanetti
Poulsen
Tiago
Sissoko
Marchisio

that looks like one too many IMO...Zanetti was instrumental last year, Momo is Momo, Poulsen is a new signing, Marchisio is a burgeoning talent, Tiago has significantly improved his performances...so what should be done?

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
All but one are/have been out with injuries.

Why make a problem where there is none?

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
i don't think ranieri expected big performances from tiago and marchisio this year because now in hindsight, it looks like poulsen is expendible.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Tiago out. Poulsen is new and has not been that bad, especially compared to Tiago at this point last season. Plus, I just plain don't like Tiago because he is a pu$sy, so psychologically fragile. And he clearly has no respect for the club going by his comments to the media and what he did to the Pres (despite how much he is disliked, you don't do that to your employers.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
poulsen might be new but he also shares the same technical characteristics 3 of our other CMs share. can't see why you'd keep poulsen on a tactical level vs tiago unless of course you want your CMs to share the same technical prowess as our CBs.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts