Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
40,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..either Feyenoord's coach or technical director. What would your squad for next season look like? Who would you keep, who would you sell, possible transfer targets etc and last of all, what would your line-up look like. Keep in mind that we're a cashstrapped club, so no Ronaldo's or Zizou's. ;)

Goalie's:

I'd keep both Babos and Lodewijks. Babos was brought in as a big signing and although he hasn't been as good as everyone hoped, he can be with confidence from both the coaches and fans. I'd beg Patrick to sign a new contract just in case we need him again. I don't know what the deal with Aerts is, is he still coming? And of course we'll have Ekrami for the future.

Defence:

Keep Saidi, Gibbs, Zuiverloon and Bahia. Play Greene on the right side instead of Ostlund who'd become a useful backup for both central defence and rightback. On the left I'd bring back Snoyl and give him a shot at it, he can't be worse than Basto or Bosschaart. I'd sell Basto to some Portuguese club and use Bosschaart for a trade with some Dutch subtopper, perhaps even Utrecht and get Douglas instead. We'd need a backup, so if we don't sign anyone for leftback I'd consider keeping Bosschaart. I wouldn't mind if we signed a strong central defender with leadership skills, but seeing how Majstorovic is probably off to England, I can't think of anyone we could afford. Mathijssen would have been great though.

Midfield:

As much as it hurts me to say it, I'd sell my personal favourite, Shinji. His best days here are long gone and I think it'll be best for both parties to go separate ways. I think we can get 3-5 million euro's for him which we can use. I'd also get rid off of De Graaf and Paauwe, perhaps 1 million for the both of them and try to either loan out or sell Pardo. I'd keep Hofs, Ghaly, Goor and Magrao. We need a DM IMO and I'd try to get Mendes da Silva from NAC for that position. He's talented, young and within our price range. I'd also try to bring in a creative midfielder, although I have a hard time deciding who. Only Boutahar and Sergio come to mind from the Dutch league. However the Argentine market has collapsed and you can get some pretty great players there now for relatively little money. For instance Lucho of River was sold to Porto for 6 million euro's and he's topnotch. So we could get a solid midfielder for 3.

Attack:

I'd do my best to keep K2, with them, our attack is the least of our worries. Although for a bid between 15-20 million euro's I'd have to do some serious thinking as we could sign some solid replacement (maybe Nevland, Redan or N'Kufo) for that kind of money. I'd sell Lazo, perhaps worth between 2-3 million. Still a loss but what can you do. Ali B as backup and in an almost perfect world that would have been Hamdaoui. I'd keep Castelen on the right, let him develop and also Leonardo if he doesn't screw up the teamspirit even more than it is already. I'd try to get Diba for the future, as he's a player I rate.

My realistic line-up would look like this:

Babos
Greene, Saidi, Gibbs, Snoyl
Castelen, Hofs, Mendes, Goor
Kuijt, Kalou

With possibly another midfielder instead of Mendes. This way our wingbacks would at least be more creative. Our midfield and attack would remain pretty similar, only Ono would be gone.

How about you guys?

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
I can see Kuijt leaving. He's obviously fed up with playing subtop football and he has dozens of offers to pick from. I would not be suprised if he left during the summer.

·
Registered
59,175 Posts
Drulo said:
I don't know what the deal with Aerts is, is he still coming?
yeah he still is. Encouraging isn't is after last Saturday :D but in all seriousness if he's willing to be 3rd goalie next season, then I won't mind as he has had better days than what he's shown recently.

The Daily Express btw claims Gullit is looking at bringing back Dudek as Benitez wants to bring in Villareals Reina for the summer. Would be awesome were he to come back but I think we'd only do it if Dudek was to be released or something as we got more important positions to tackle anyways with our limited funds.

Defence:
Bahia, Gibbs, Östlund, Greene, Saidi, Zuiverloon, Snoyl & Gyan

like you I'd try and find a new club for Basto and possibly use Boschaart in some kind of swap with a subtopper possibly for a backup DM like Niemeyer or Mendes da Silva. With 8 players for 4 positions I think we're well enough covered as I'd give Snoyl at least a run out of half a season to prove he's good enough for LB unless Wotte can come up with a new LB from abroad whos a lot better. For the LB back-up I'd use Östlund since he can apparantly play there as well and we always can call upon Gyan in a real emergency if he hasn't been loaned out.

Midfield:

Simons/experienced DM , Mendes/Niemeyer (a young midielder who can also play as a DM), Ghaly, Hofs, Goor

Apparantly the talk is now that there's quite a chance Simons will come afterall and that the deal will be completed once Brugge win the championship this weekend, but I guess we'll have to wait and see if it really materializes.

Ono, Paauwe, Pardo and all the loaned guys like Acuna, Schreuder and Lurling I'd try to sell.

5 players for 3 midfield positions looks a bit short so I'm hesistating on whether to keep de Graaf or not or whether to promote someone from the youth team like vd Ouweland as a stand-in, but more I think we may need someone left footed as for the LCM position, Goors the only real candidate and looking for the future it wouldn't be bad.

Forward:

Kuijt, Kalou, Castelen, Ali B, Leonardo

Like you I'd sell Lazovic as I think having both him and Ali B as stand-in strikers for K2 will only lead to problems. It's probably also best too for Lazovics career to go to a club where he could play a whole season as a starter. Hopefully there'll be a club in Germany or perhaps a smaller club in La Liga who wouldn't mind paying 2 to 3 million for him.
Leonardo would be the back-up for Kalou as Gullit has been giving Solomon more of a free-role a bit on the left lately while for Castelen, I'd play Hofs on the right were Romeo to get injured and if Castelen were to get injured for a long time, I'd consider bringing in de Ceulaer in early from his loan spell at RKC.

so my first team were we to play 4-3-3:

GK: 1. Babos 2.Lodewijks 3. Aerts

RB: 1. Greene 2. Östlund 3. Zuiverloon 4. Gyan
RCB: 1. Saidi 2. Zuiverloon
LCB: Gibbs or Bahia
LB: 1. Snoyl 2. Östlund 3. Gyan

DM: 1. Simons or another experienced classy DM 2. Mendes/Niemeyer
RCM: 1. Ghaly 2. Hofs 3. Mendes
LCM: 1. Goor 2. one of the other midfielders or perhaps a new LCM

RCF: 1. Castelen 2. Hofs 3. de Ceulaer
CF: 1. Kuijt 2. Ali B
LCF: 1. Kalou 2. Leonardo 3. Magrao maybe

·
Registered
40,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good thinking about Ostlund as backup for LB. Also I completely forgot about Gyan. :wallbang:

Getting Dudek back would be tremendous, I was proud of him last night although he didn't have that much to do, still he didn't concede a single goal in 2 matches Vs Chelsea. If he'd come back our defence would instantly become stronger as well as a good goalie gives defenders confidence. In that case I'd trade Gabor for Mendes.

As backup for Goor I think we can use Hofs, who's pretty versatile. But that'll mean that we need one more offensive midfielder.

And Prince, I'm affraid you're right. Kuijt is dissapointed with the entire situation at the club and an ambitious guy like him always wants to be playing for trophies. If he does leave, this Feyenoord team will have lost it's heart.

·
Registered
59,175 Posts
I actually think Kuijt will stay and that there's more chance of Kalou going. Signing a player like Simons very soon will also help to reassure Kuijt of our ambitions and he's stated that he won't leave us until he wins a trophy with us (ok you can laugh and say that he'll never win anything here with Gullit in charge for the foreseeable future but I see him as a very loyal player and reckon he'll only move onto a bigger stage at a later age like van Bommel).

Kalou I think will go if he fails to agree a new contract with 2 years only remaining and I don't think we'd want to sell him at a cut price like with van Persie next year with only 1 season to go but I actually still think Kalou will sign a new contract anyways pretty soon as he seems to be liking it here.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Ive thought about this pretty often but at the moment I forgot who I had put in the defence. Will get back on the issue when my memory's come back.

·
Registered
40,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:D

Take your time Monte.

BTW Cool avatar, I keep thinking that but I forget to mention it. Vamos Argentina and Nando! :shades:

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Drulo said:
I'd sell Basto to some Portuguese club and use Bosschaart for a trade with some Dutch subtopper, perhaps even Utrecht and get Douglas instead.
Drulo, Douglas is from the same calibre as Greene. We won't get any better with these 2nd/3rd players. Instead of that I would rather throw some youth players into the mix.

Drulo said:
I'd do my best to keep K2, with them, our attack is the least of our worries. Although for a bid between 15-20 million euro's I'd have to do some serious thinking as we could sign some solid replacement (maybe Nevland, Redan or N'Kufo) for that kind of money.
or Koné. Depends on how much Roda is asking for him because it seems like they want the jackpot for him.

·
Registered
59,175 Posts
Rataplan said:
Drulo, Douglas is from the same calibre as Greene. We won't get any better with these 2nd/3rd players. Instead of that I would rather throw some youth players into the mix.
Agree about Douglas though I think Greene will be one of those former rejects like Boula who was unfairly dumped.
AND it looks like they've been listening to you Rataplan with Tim Vincken :D :cool:

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Drulo said:
:D

Take your time Monte.

BTW Cool avatar, I keep thinking that but I forget to mention it. Vamos Argentina and Nando! :shades:

Thanks :cool: I had to remove it though, OAnimal didnt like it and I had asked him to change his avatar (ugly guy on it) so I felt obliged to do the same.. :groan: :D

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
I like this team :) I would also make a bid for Diba and Penders of NAC :) and maybe bring Ali Elkattabi back to Rotterdam :shades:

Babos
Greene, Saidi, Gibbs, Krisztian Vermes
Castelen, Hofs, Boussabon, Goor
Kuijt, Robert Feczesin

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Penders also doesn't have any mobility. To watch him play against Bellamy or other fast players brings tears to my eyes.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
-------Babos-------
Basta Saidi Gibbs Vitakic
-------Ghali-------
--Yildirim - Hofs - Goor--
---Kuyt ---- Kalou---

Vitakic fills my Qmark LB perfectly until I come up with a better name ;)

AND JORIEN SHOULD GO!! We're so bad now that its embarrassing. We're supposedly getting Wim Jansen attached to the club, somewhere in between Wotte and Gullit. Again some vage sh*t in Rotterdam Zuid :yawn:

·
Registered
40,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And by doing that he'll just prove what kind of Feyenoorder he is..

I don't mind if he takes that with him since we're currently already cashstrapped, without any realistic ambitions and plans for the future and on top of that being led by a clueless coach. No matter how much you like Ruud, you can't possibly be satisfied with his and the teams' performance.

Getting Wim Jansen would actually be a good move, but I read that Wim would only work as scout for us. Which is a start, since I trust Jansen's judgement over both Wotte and Gullit, but I'd rather see him replace Ruud.

·
Registered
59,175 Posts
I actually want Jorien to stay for the time being. Ok some of his managerial choices have been horrible (he should have asked Wim Jansens or van Hanegems advice for example instead of doing what he as a businessman was best for Feyenoord) but I haven't yet heard about anyone else really wanting to take over from him and you never know nowadays. Jorien might be stubborn as a mule but I think his heart lies in the right area and unlike many other clubs we don't have any debts.

This new Portuguese investment plan looks good to me from what I read in VI (they also won't have so much control so Jorien'll probably like that too) and if so I hope we'll go through with it so financially we'll have more room in the transfer market.

As for Wim Jansen . He's great but I just can't see him working well together with Wotte. I fear it'll end in tears after a few months with Jansen most likely leaving by himself but who knows, maybe it'll be Wotte wanting to go as he might feel he has nothing to do and he might want to coach on the field again.

·
Registered
40,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You're right about one thing, we don't have any debts which is obviously good news. But on the other hand, sometimes it pays off to take some risks in business and we've hit the point where we should really consider changing our plan for the future.

On that note, could you try to explain this Portuguese investment plan?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Another thing, couldn't we people buy "Feyenoord stocks" a few years ago ?? The reason: to gain some money we could invest in new players.

Right now we're stuck with a truckload of marginal players and within a couple of years Feyenoord must also refund the money at a (God knows %) per euro interest.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Nah come on to invest in new players we need decent cash. The only way we can get that is when Jorien leaves. He hampers Feyenoord's progress.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts