Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, the Romania's coach Anghel Iordanescu announced the squad for the 2002 FIFA World Cup.

He alsow mentioned that he is glad that the Romanian legend Gheorghe Hagi accepted to work with him, as a 'second'coach.

"I don't consider him lower then me" Iordanescu sayd.

The squad also contains Marius Niculae, who is back on the field avter a miraculous recovery from a serious knee injury.

A surprises is the calling of Serie B defender Daniel Prodan, and the goalkeepers Emilian Dolha (Rapid and also U21 NT keeper) and Munteanu (Otelul).
Bogdan Stelea wasn't called after the lousy performances at Rapid. Unfortunaly, Sabau is injured again and he will miss another final round.

Here is the squad:

1 Bogdan Lobont
2 Cosmin Contra
3 Mirel Radoi
4 Iulian Filipescu
5 Cristian Chivu
6 Gheorghe Popescu
7 Tiberiu Ghioane
8 Dorinel Munteanu
9 Marius Niculae
10Adrian Mutu
11 Adrian Ilie
12 Emilian Dolha
13 Ionel Ganea
14 Florin Cernat
15Paul Codrea
16 Adrian Iencsi
17Florin Soava
18Viorel Moldovan
19Daniel Pancu
20Alin Stoica
21Daniel Prodan
22Cristian Munteanu

·
Registered
70,196 Posts
The squads for the WC will be 23 players...so Iordanescu can call one more player ;) :D

That´s only a dream...:(

:( ;) :mad: HAI ROMANIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
25,538 Posts
Caveman has the right to do this, but not many people will get involved. Prosport tried to do something similar but it didn't work as well. The fans are too sad to participate in such things...

Today I was watching Western Union's soccer program where they talked about the teams qualified fr the final phase and I got so mad and frustrated.... Football can be so unfair sometimes.... :cry:

We could have defetead any of the teams qualified, trust me on this...

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Caveman, You've posted other threads in the past which really annoyed me but I did not say anything because I wanted to be polite...And now, well....now.....I'm going to make an even greater effort and not say anything about this senseless thread out of respect for other people in this forum...

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Re: Re: imaginary thread

Marius said:
Caveman, You've posted other threads in the past which really annoyed me but I did not say anything because I wanted to be polite...And now, well....now.....I'm going to make an even greater effort and not say anything about this senseless thread out of respect for other people in this forum...
Hey come on it's not that bad Marius, I didn't take offence to this thread because it's obviously meant for the people who like to dream and it's not a big deal. If caveman wants to post our world cup squad so be it.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Say whatever you want Dinamo10, I just don't think this whole thread is that big of a deal.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Due to popular demand this thread is reopened. I'm ashamed that I closed the thread, but I was on my way out and I did it just to close this lame misunderstanding that everyone is having.

Keep postin' dudes

·
Registered
25,538 Posts
EclipsE said:
Due to popular demand this thread is reopened. I'm ashamed that I closed the thread, but I was on my way out and I did it just to close this lame misunderstanding that everyone is having.

Keep postin' dudes

Everybody makes mistakes, don't worry. :) You have done the right thing ;)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Everyone is allowed to have their opinion, I live in a fantasy world most of the time anyways so I'll play along. Some people don't want to get involved and maybe think its stupid, thats cool too but the right decision was made not to delete it and too re-open it. You shouldn't censor a topic just because you don't like it. If you have to say your peace, say it respectfully and move on. If your just not interested in doing it then simply ignore it. Anyways down to buisness.

caveman said:
Here is the squad:

1 Bogdan Lobont
2 Cosmin Contra
3 Mirel Radoi
4 Iulian Filipescu
5 Cristian Chivu
6 Gheorghe Popescu
7 Tiberiu Ghioane
8 Dorinel Munteanu
9 Marius Niculae
10Adrian Mutu
11 Adrian Ilie
12 Emilian Dolha
13 Ionel Ganea
14 Florin Cernat
15Paul Codrea
16 Adrian Iencsi
17Florin Soava
18Viorel Moldovan
19Daniel Pancu
20Alin Stoica
21Daniel Prodan
22Cristian Munteanu
I like it but I'd like to fit Gabi Popescu and Serban into it.

"But in a huge monsterious surprize a Canadian born half Irish Transylvanian prince was called up to take the 23rd spot. He was able to gain citizenship due to one of the loop holes profited to Transylvanian royality who abdidated in lue to the Romanian monarchy during re-unification." :D :) I said I lived in a fantasy world.

·
Registered
25,538 Posts
SPECIAL REPORT AFTER THE WORLD CUP

" Romania won the world cup by beating 3-1 France. The Canadian born half Irish Transylvanian prince did not do anything as a player but he contributed to Romania's victories by threatening the refs to suck their blood unless they award penalties in favor of Romania. It is not suprising then that Romania had 42 penalties during the World Cup!"

·
Registered
17,035 Posts
You know fantasy is the method people use to avoid the parts of reality they can´t deal with? To have a world cup without Romania is one of those things for us football fans, i too imagine what the romanian team could have been and how better our team is compared to those qualified, so in this thread we just share that.

In my team i would put Serban instead of Soava, and i would give Cernat the N 21.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
lupisor lupetto said:

" Romania won the world cup by beating 3-1 France. The Canadian born half Irish Transylvanian prince did not do anything as a player but he contributed to Romania's victories by threatening the refs to suck their blood unless they award penalties in favor of Romania. It is not suprising then that Romania had 42 penalties during the World Cup!"
:D Threatened?! Just threated, oh geez thats dissapointing.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Let's wait till the World Cup starts, then we'll be able to imagine how we would have played against Spain (Raul, Hierro, Morientes, Mendieta...), Paraguay (Chilavert) and even South Africa.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
lupisor lupetto said:

The next morning, Lupetto woke up with a snake tattoo, realizing it was all a dream.. He was so upset and disappionted, he started to cry for his mommy…:D

·
Registered
25,538 Posts
Marius said:

The next morning, Lupetto woke up with a snake tattoo, realizing it was all a dream.. He was so upset and disappionted, he started to cry for his mommy…:D

you forgot to mention the piercing in my nipples! :D

·
Registered
70,196 Posts
Romania is not qualified for WC and Real Madrid has won Champions League...sometimes the football is unfair.
Romania plays better than Slovenia and Leverkusen than Real...it´s not fair!!!!!!!!! :(

:( ;) :mad: HAI ROMANIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
GICA said:
Romania is not qualified for WC and Real Madrid has won Champions League...sometimes the football is unfair.
Romania plays better than Slovenia and Leverkusen than Real...it´s not fair!!!!!!!!! :(
:( ;) :mad: HAI ROMANIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gica, I'm a bit confused…You live in Spain right? If so, how come you are not pleased that Real won?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts