Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tie was NOT lost tonight. Lazio did a good game, and gave it all.
Especially the second half was great when Lazio smelled the chance of getting back in it.
Veron's goal was an absolute beauty.
I've just read through many of the other comments, and I don't understand the heavy criticism bestowed on Salas. He's there to score allright, but it's not like he wasted any clean chances the way Conseicao did.
As a matter of fact, I didn't think Lazio created that many 100% chances, but they always looked threatening anyway.
In the first half You played way too many long balls the way I saw it. Lazio could have proffitted from using their skill on the ball more I feel, but well what's the use going over that now.
Overall I think You can blame a bad day and the freak of currence that Lazio allowed 5 goals in the first leg. The game today was good, but it will always be an uphill battle coming from a 3 goal deficit.
Valencia's goal... I was momentarily preoccupied with something else and only saw one replay, but it looked like the goal was allright, and how Gerrard managed to miss his 14576% chance is beyond me.
Lazio did whatever they could, and proved today that they are the better team. Valencia had that bit of good fortune on their side, but having said that, I must also admit that they deserve to go through looking over both matches. Their defence and Canizares did spledidly, and as always their counteraatacks are blitzez.

You will be back next season, and until then You can concentrate on piling up the pressure on Juve for Lo scudetto, and whipping Inter for Coppa Italia.
You're all dissatisfied now- that's understandable, but You have a great future ahead of You with the possibility of many trophees so get on with it.

Ciao.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
To bad Cragnotti couldn´t buy Lopez halfway through the season like he offered to because that guy is a killer. Give him the ball and he´ll outrun just about everything, give him a powerful partner and you are on your way to greatness :)

We´ll be back next year and the year after that and the year after that and I have to go to sleep so I can´t keep typing this :)

Lo Scudetto can no longer be won - you guys can however loose it :).

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
The true LAZIALE should be proud your team worked its a$$ off today.
I was proud that u were representing italy man was that goalie great.

Lav

------------------
MILAN is FOOTBALL

Z

·
0 Posts
I too want to say that I am sorry that Lazio is out of the Champions League.

However, I also want to congratulate Lazio (and its fans) for:

1. fighting until the end - many teams that were down 5 - 2 after the first leg would have simply given up. But not Lazio - it fights until the final whistle. Ask us at Juventus - believe me, we know.

2. being the Italian team that lasted the longest in European competition this year.

3. being such a fine representative of Italy and Italian football.

Lazio will be one of the teams from Italy in the Champions League next year. Why? Because it has earned that right on the pitch.

Congratulations.

Zen9

B

·
0 Posts
It is nice to see Milan and Juventus fans offering their support to Lazio in a time like this. Thanks alot guys!! :)

------------------
Forza Lazio

·
Registered
392 Posts
I am sorry that your team lost. Lazio definitely deserve a place in the semi-finals. Don't worry there is always the next year to look forward to. I hope to see my favourite team Juve and Lazio in the finals next year.

·
Registered
574 Posts
come on guys......next season italian clubs will be back and they will RULE!!! it's disappointing not to see an italian club in the semis or final after all these years but i'm very very sure that next season, italian clubs will come back with a BANG. we'll kick those PL and SL a**es. we'll rule as usual. PL u've been warn, this season is just a let-off, see ya in 2001, ciao..........

L

·
0 Posts
Well, I don't think there is any worry of a Premier League side to win it, at this point it Looks like Barca, and they have played well in the Champions League, so out of the teams left, I pick Barca.

------------------
FORZA LAZIO!!!
FORZA THE GREAT 11, MIHAJLOVIC!!!!!

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Of course Lazio will be back in the CL next season, and when that time comes, the team will hopefully be a different one from the one in this season. We all are gonna see the much, much better Lazio next season. And they will definitely do better than getting stuck at the quarter-finals!
Being a true blue Laziale, I'm very proud of the team's performance against Valencia. I saw a real fighter in every player who was playing, and I couldn't have been more proud.
Forza Lazio!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yeah, I don't think Man U will be able to get past both Real and Bayern this year. I'm thinking Barca-Bayern final this year. And thank you Juve and Milan fans for your support this year in the CL :).

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
502 Posts
We played and we lost but we kept our dignity,i still believe we could have passed the round,but we didnt ,it's okay,next year will bring us one step closer to win!
And Lopez will enter the field biancoceleste!

------------------
*AVANTI LAZIO,IL FUTURO TI APPARTIENE*

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Nice to see support from Juve and Milan fans! :)

We'll be back next year and to win it!! :)

As for tonight...lets hope Man Scum get a kicking from Real!!!

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Isnt it ironic, that there are more none-Laziofans that are proud of Lazio's performance yesterday, then our own supporters?

Anyways, thank u!

Sempre E Solo Forza Lazio

B

·
0 Posts
People feeling sorry for us? Is it a good sign or not?

Me personally I would have laughted my a$$ off if AC M***n or Roma would have lost like we did but not if Juve would have done that. Maybe people really respects true soccer skills.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts