Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! San Jose's the name and I'm new here. One of my greatest interests is Championship Manager and I like telling people how I'm doing in my games. I started playing CM with 01/02, and I bought CM4 but on my old computer it was too slow and with all the bugs I just didn't play it. Instead I stayed with 01/02. I got a new computer before 03/04 came out so I bought that, but now for some reason I've started playing CM4 with EP5 installed and I'm enjoying a new game with Margate in the English conference. I just thought I'd start telling you how I'm getting on because I've created a strange tactic and it's doing pretty well.

It's a very unbalanced tactic based on the default 3-4-1-2, with a full back on one side and a wing back on the other, specifically designed for the Margate team I have. I've only signed one player, a young winger Sean Coburn, but I've loaned Michael Jack from Carlisle and Chris Llewellyn from Norwich, both more attacking players. Here's what's happened so far:

AFC Wimbledon (A) Friendly
I had a very poor attempt at making a 4-4-2. I rushed it a bit and messed up the team instructions, and we lost 1-0

Milwall (H) Friendly
I used this other tactic I downloaded from somewhere, just wanted to test it out. I won 3-2 but next it was on to creating something decent for this team.

Reading (H) Friendly
I created my strange tactic and Daniel Braithwaite struck twice in a 2-1 victory.

Then the conference season started. I've played 4 matches and here are the results:

Burton Albion 1-1 Margate
Margate 3-0 Doncaster
Northwich Vics 1-2 Margate
Margate 5-0 Halifax

10 points and we're sitting in a good position just behind the front 2.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've played 4 more matches with Margate:

Farnborough 3-0 Margate
We didn't play that badly here but we didn't create many chances and lost 3-0.

Margate 4-1 Forest Green
Our amazing home form continued with a victory here. Leon Braithwaite scored once in open play and from a penalty and Jean-Michel Sigere also scored. Alex Meechan made it 3-1 but Sigere scored again so we won easily 4-1.

Margate 2-0 Yeovil
Chris Llewellyn and Braithwaite both scored in the first half to make it 2-0 and Yeovil never caused us any trouble.

Gravesend 1-4 Margate :tongue:
I was shocked at this result as well. I switched to a 4-4-2 tactic to take care of Gravesend's dangerous wingers but used the same team instructions as before. Sigere scored after 10 minutes but it was cancelled out by Simon Parker's strike. Then defender Iain O'Connell scored from a corner and Sigere scored again to make it 3-1. They were on the attack in the 2nd half but we Michael Jack scored on the counter attack near the end.

Here's the table with the points each team has got after 8 matches:

Code:
1. Farnborough	24
---------------------------------
2. MARGATE	19
3. Barnet		18
4. Gravesend	16
5. Southport	16
---------------------------------
6. Dag & Red	15
7. Yeovil		14
8. Leigh RMI	13
9. Stevenage	13
10. Hereford	12
11. Halifax	11
I know no-one probably plays CM4 anymore but has anyone got any good ideas for away matches? I don't want whole tactics just certain instructions to put on so I can do well in away games, can anyone help?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah so did I mainly and I still do, that's why I'm clueless. I posted this story mainly because I want people to know how I'm doing in my first real CM4 game. 01/02 will always be great because it's so fast. I've got a good job-hopping game going on on 01/02 with about 15 leagues on.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've played up to new year 2003 now, and the conference has turned into a 3 horse race. Here are all the results in the league since last time:

Barnet 1-1 Margate
Margate 3-0 Southport
Morecambe 3-0 Margate
Margate 2-1 Telford
Woking 0-2 Margate
Margate 4-0 Hereford
Stevenage 0-1 Margate
Scarborough 2-3 Margate
Margate 2-0 Kettering
Margate 2-0 Nuneaton Borough
Margate 5-0 Dag & Red
Leigh RMI 1-2 Margate
Margate 5-0 Chester
Margate 2-2 Burton Albion
Doncaster 2-2 Margate

We're currently ahead of Farnborough on goal difference with Stevenage 2 points behind.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We missed out on the FA Cup 3rd round thanks to another bad away performance against Scarborough. We needed a replay and extra time to knock Yeovil out in the qualifying round, but a great 5-3 win over Plymouth of D2 took us into round 2. Unfortunately we dre an away draw against Scarborough and we lost 1-0. We lost 3-0 to Wycombe in the first round of the Vans Trophy but that doesn't matter that much.

Here's the tactic I'm mainly using at the moment:

Code:
	SC	SC

AMC
          .                                            .
  |	MC	MC	  |
  |	    \		  |
  |	     \		  |
  |			  |
DL	DC	DC	DR
	       SWC   

GK
I hope that worked.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Might as well just forget this. I've started another CM3 game. It's loading now and I'm in Sweden, but I don't know yet what team to be. In a few minutes I'll start a thread on it with a brand new team.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts