Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recent games hes been playing like in prime eddie pope for the Nt . Hes more polished and standard liege is abt to win the league title 25 yrs later:wth:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Onyweu or bradley(19 goals) should win the yank award

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
He's such a great physical presence and scored awesome goals against Mexico and now Poland. That is what he is able to bring. But I'm a little dissapointed in his ball skills and technique. Granted I didn't see him against Poland, but it seems like he's usually unsure of himself with the ball. But just having a big athletic defender like him is twice as important then his ball skills. Then again, I'm always worried that little dipshits will look for fouls on him in World Cups like Pin Pong from Ghana. That was a terrible decision. So that is always a cause for concern

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
I'm also worried about his temperament. He has shown on occasion that he can be easily provoked, so he's often the target of abuse on the pitch so as to provoke a reaction. If he can keep composed that will not only help him to stop doing stupid things to other players but also help to stop him making stupid or costly mistakes.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya he used to use his hands alot and get stupid fouls.. now he has learned to not use his hands and his positioning has gotten better . he reminds me of a young eddie pope and u all know eddie was just flat out good in his prime

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
And he hasn't been sent off all year at Standard. I think thats a record. He is controlling his temper better and is playing better because of it.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
And he hasn't been sent off all year at Standard. I think thats a record. He is controlling his temper better and is playing better because of it.

That's good to know :thmbup:

The funny thing is, I know this girl who was dating Beasley this past summer, and we went out with the boys after they won the Gold Cup in Chicago. Gooch is nothing like you would expect, he's all quite/nice and he always wants to take pictures with everybody :dielaugh: He just transforms into rage mode on the field

1 - 8 of 8 Posts