Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
46,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, the language. English/French/German/Spanish (at least subtitles).
It has to be pretty short: from 4 to 6 episodes, but if it's worth the time even longer.
Genre. mystery/crime
Possibly made in the 60s/70s.
It must include exoterism. No exoterism = no interest.

We have had a few cool TV series in Italy which identify with these features, I'd like to see more, but there aren't. I strongly doubt we invented the genre, I'm sure there are TV series which wait for me in some foreign country. :hopeful:

Thank you in advance.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,887 Posts

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
esotericism
1. the holding of secret doctrines; the practice of limiting knowledge to a small group.
2. an interest in items of a special, rare, novel, or unusual quality. Also esoterism. — esoterist, n.

Is this what you mean? :D

·
Registered
46,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
esotericism
1. the holding of secret doctrines; the practice of limiting knowledge to a small group.
2. an interest in items of a special, rare, novel, or unusual quality. Also esoterism. — esoterist, n.

Is this what you mean? :D
1. :thumbsup:

for example, in Il segno del comando there is a small group of people who believe in reincarnation thanks to an object, il segno del comando, forged by an artist, who died and came back to life under a different identity.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,887 Posts
1. :thumbsup:

for example, in Il segno del comando there is a small group of people who believe in reincarnation thanks to an object, il segno del comando, forged by an artist, who died and came back to life under a different identity.
Something like the Da Vinci Code only more interesting?

·
Registered
46,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, sort of.

BTW I forgot to mention two french TV series: Belphégor and les compagnons de Baal.
Both belong to the 60s though and in those years the atmospheres had that touch of dumb unlikelihood I hate. In the 70s the atmospheres were more plausibile and frightening as a consequence.

·
Registered
46,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In the meanwhile I have watched Les compagnons d'Eleusis @mali , which is pretty good. Good enough for me to watch it again in order to catch elements of the plot I surely missed the first time. Paris... what a city!

·
Registered
56,110 Posts
- "ce n'est pas pour rien que l'on appelle une rue une artère, c'est la vie monsieur, qui s'écoule"

·
Registered
56,110 Posts
i searched some old french series on the subject and i found "l'ile aux 30 cercueils". have you seen it, toni ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts