Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound like a stupid question but I'm having trouble downloading files from emule and winmx. I've never used these programs before so I'm not sure if my Lan/network connection is causing the problem. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
You using a firewall, or are you behind a router with NAT enabled? You sound like you are. You will need to provide more information. What computer are you running what version of windows. What modem and firewall are you using etc.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm using an hp w/ windows xp home edition. My connection runs through an ethernet cable. As far as I know the internet connection firewall isn't enabled so it shouldn't be a problem and I'm pretty sure I haven't installed any firewalls on my comp. I don't understand your other question "are you behind a router with NAT enabled". Can you explain what a router and NAT are?

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/N/NAT.html

A router is basically a modem that will allow you to connect more than one pc to the internet at one time. Do you use a modem to connect to the internet? If so you may not have port forwarding enabled. I can tell you how to enable it if you wish.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
johnny, did u get any message regarding the problem u got?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts