Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kagawa scored vs. Hannover, opening the scoring in Dortmund's 0-4 win vs. Hannover. It's his fifth Bundesliga goal of the season and seventh recorded in all competitions, generally he always contributes positively to their attacking thrusts, as we all know he is awesome.

Yuki Abe made a curious transfer to the Championship, and after a slow start he's now doing well for the Foxes. As usual stupid fans who are ignorant of these players and make assumptions - such as writing off a player after one or two matches and saying they can't play football - well, now they're eating humble pie and Abe was commonly thought to be amongst their best in their win vs. Barnsley, if not their best.

Koreans did well, Park Ji-sung scored a rare double including an injury time winner, very fine goal. Park Chu-young scored a brace also just before vs. Nancy.

Ki has been doing very well for Celtic, although the question remains whether they're up to it against any team a bit tougher. They've failed all those battles - Braga, Rangers, etc. But Ki, he has established himself in the XI and fans like his all-round balanced game, his ability to initiate attacks, his vision, his set-plays, and he's added some grit to his game. I heard he complained about the behaviour of some St Johnstone fans who barked like dogs near the end of the match though.

By the way, so much talk about Kagawa, but what about his countryman at the rival club? Uchida at Schalke started slowly, badly even, like his team, but he has improved. As a player his strength isn't defense but attack, and he did contribute to a Raul goal. The legend showed him his appreciation which was nice. Also I haven't heard about defensive screw-ups on his part.

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,015 Posts
I think the use of 'hinder' in the title is correct, but then again english isn't my first language, lol.

Oh, and Bolton's Lee also played well, won his side a penalty against Spurs yesterday..

·
3,015 Posts
It was a crazy match that Bolton ended up winning 4-2. :)

The football games for Asian Games have started btw, and North Korea defeated their southern brothers 1-0. Quite impressive really, especially because they played with 10 men the last 30 minutes or so.. :thumbsup:

·
3,015 Posts
Japan won Asian Games for the first time in their history, defeating UAE 1-0 in the final. Japan won all seven matches in the tournament using mainly U-21 players (4 of their starters in the final came from university teams)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts