Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adrian Ilie a semnat in sambata dupa-amiza un contract valabil pana in vara cu formatia Besiktas Istanbul, antrenata de romanul Mircea Lucescu. Romanul va castiga 400.000 de dolari pentru 6 luni de contract.

Dimineata, Ilie a efectuat testele medicale la Spitalul Memorial, din Istanbul, iar dupa ce va participa la conferinta de presa, in care va fi prezentat de catre oficialii clubului, el va pleca in Antalya unde Besiktas se afla in cantonament.

------------------------------------------------------

Adrian Ilie signed a short-term contract until the end of the season on Saturday afternoon. The Romanian will earn $400,000 in those 6 months.

Ilie passed a medical :)eek: :eek: ) this morning at the Memorial Hospital in Istanbul and after his press-conferance where he was presented as an official Besiktas player, he went to Antalya where Besiktas awaits tomorrows game.

TOTALSPORT.ro

======================

Great news for Ilie! Long may he stay fit and well at Besiktas. :D

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ilie is a striker, he doesn't play in Pancu and Ahmed Hassan's position. And plaus, Hassan said he will leave when Ilie is signed.

Today. :)

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
hassan should stay...maybe u dont kno how he plays...but he does play a ilie type role...

how old is ilie?

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last time I heard, he was about 25, and that was 5 years ago, so I think he is about 29-30 now.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
01/11/2004. Adrian Ilie has returned to Turkey where he has signed on with Besiktas for the rest of the season. The Romanian international striker had a previous spell with rivals Galatasaray.

"We can say Ilie will sign for Besiktas," said the club's manager Lucescu. "He is a good striker and can help us in our success," he added.

Ilie, nicknamed "the Cobra", had failed trials with Blackburn Rovers, Wolves and Portsmouth over the last few months as the clubs lost interest in him because of his high salary demands.

He has been capped 53 times for Romania and has knocked in 14 goals.

He spent the majority of his career with Valenica where he spent 5 seasons (1997-2001) and bagged 28 goals in 83 matches. He also played 4 seasons with Steaua Bucharest (1993-1996).

He has been a free agent since quitting Alaves in June.

Fellow Romanian striker Marius Niculae had wanted Ilie to join him at Sporting Lisbon when the club was actively pursuing a striker in September. Sporting's manager Fernando Santos opted not to make Ilie an offer after he rejected a previous bid from the Lisbon club in the summer of 2002.

soccerage.com

-----------------------------------

Ha ha ha ha ha! Ilie at Sporting! Is Sporting the new place to deposit broken Romanians? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ilie has about as much chance as I do to score 15 goals for Besiktas. :)

·
Registered
69,666 Posts
I remember when he arrived to Valencia (in the Winter as well) and he promised 10 goals. He scored 12 goals in 17 games and he was the best player of La Liga with Vieri and Rivaldo :)

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Raven said:
Ilie has about as much chance as I do to score 15 goals for Besiktas. :)
In that case I know he'll accomplish his task! ;)

Seriously, I think this is a new Ilie, and Lucescu knows how to use him.... Unlike Cuper, who has contributed significatly to Ilie's decline in form at Valencia.....

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
i can promise he'll get more than 100 chances to score for the second half of the season :D for besiktas, they make more chances by the half time of a game than galatasaray or fenerbahce in a whole game...their attack is so silky, they get right to the point with sergen or tumer in there...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Today, he had his 3rd traning with the team scoring 4 goals and making 2 asists in a traning match. He beat Ilhan's team 10-8, who had 4 goals also. All the reporters covering Ilie are saying that he's looking very good. Lucescu told that Ilie has no problems right now and that we had a super transfer. He also told that Ilie will try to have his spot back in the National team and he has the heart to do so. He believes that Ilie and Sergen will be a great duo.

I just hope he does not get injured again.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
I hope Luce uses two strikers/forwards. With Sergen feeding Ilie and Ilhan, Besiktas will break records. We already have an impressive lineup.

Ahmet Hassan should stay, he's a good player and comes in very handy in second halves, I think Luce is using him perfectly (as a Super-sub).
When our attack is lacking, putting Sergen or Ahmet Hassan on the field changes things around.

actually, come to think of it, Sergen has the mad skills to change any game around whenever he feels like it :D

Ahmet Hassan the supersub
Sergen the superstar
Ilie and Ilhan-the super duo

It doesn't get any better than this folks :D

On a related note: Ilie has great skills and I know Luce will be able to get the best out of him just like he's succeeded in doing so with other football players in similar situations (like Sergen, Giunti, Emre Asik etc.)
Luce is the king of reviving talented players, and Ilie will be back under his guidance ;)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Manny said:
Does that mean that he will not use Ilhan in the starting lineup?
Well actually, we are not really sure about it. But based on old experience about Lucescu and his sayings, I don't think he will cut Ilhan because he always says Ilhan is an essential part of the system and it's not just the scoring. So, like I said it's not yet clear, but I highly doubt it.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Raven said:
Pancu is a lot better than Ilie. I know most of you don't like him but Ilie's engine has almost run out of gas. Pancu is quick, aggressive, intelligent (football wise) and has a great pass. Can't you fit Pancu in there aswell somehow?
Pancu can replace Tayfur, Giunti or Ilie in Tolgas lineup.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ilie will get stick if he is on the bench for not scoring his 15 goals he promiced (unless he somehow scores them all from the bench) ;) .

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Manny said:
Pancu can replace Tayfur, Giunti or Ilie in Tolgas lineup.
i love pancu, he is mad good, but im gettin tired of him and ilhan throwing away those chances they get...

tayfur and giunti cant be replaced, whenever one was missing, the team lacked unbelievably...those two are the backbone of the besiktas attack and defense...

so its ilie vs pancu, hassan, and/or tumer...but tumer naturally verses sergen as they both are left footed playmakers...

so who do u think, pancu or ilie? we cant sacrifice any other players, not even the 21 year old okan...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts