Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is what is left today from the mythic stadium Filadelfia where Il Grande Toro used to play its home matches. :frownani: But lately I've heard some horrifying news that some businessman wanted to build a huge shopping center on that holy place so even this leftovers from Fila should be destroyed. (I cannot find an appropriate smiley to describe my anger and grief about this)

So I'm opening this thread to ask for some informations our brothers and sisters that understand Italian and are more familiar with the problem. Everything you know, just write it here because you are our only link with Toro and everything that's happening in and around the club. ;)

And yes....

...what is written on this board?

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
My Italian is very limited, but it looks like its going to be demolished, as I can pick out such words as distruzione and demolizione. I certainly hope that this won't be the case though. :(

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
http://ilrestodelcarlino.quotidiano.net/chan/tuttocalcio:5375523:/2005/05/05:

city of Turin
Project of Filadelfia destruction.
s.Chiamparino Torino mayor
Mad. Viano urban assesment: Only ****
Peveraro financial assesor: Giving Delle Merde to juve for free
TORO FANS WILL REMEMBER YOU:
- By building houses on the Filadelfia stadium
- Tiny camp model churchyard with plastic top
- Destruction of the ticketselling stand and shield of old Torino
Everything where Grande Torino wrote history
SHAME ON YOU SHAME ON YOU SHAME ON YOU

that's the translation :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero:

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
as far as I know - not much - the problem is, Toro had the Filadelfia and in the 1960's played in the comunale sharing it with goeba. Comunale was like a home to us in that time (I've never understood it fully) while Fila was a shed for our kids and training camp to our starting XI.

Later on, Italia 90 gave juve the 'opportunity' to have their own stadium, delle merde (delle alpi for short) It was so badly planned that it inmediatly had fog problems and bad visibility. So they even menaced leaving Turin, knowing their support is not as strong in Turin as elsewhere. The mayos - castellani then chiamparino - gave juve the stadium for free for them to manage. Meanwhile, diego novelli - former mayor, as a kid he sent the clothes his aunt did for Ezio Loik's family - convinced everyone he wanted to renew the Filadelfia stadium and proceeded to half-demolish it. Finally, after more than 2 years, it was dead plain he was selling it to builders. Claret brothers chained to the stadium to prevent it, menaced to boycott Bennet (supermarket that wanted the area) and so forth, but to this day we have not been able to rescue the area...

Filadelfia, who was the villain who called you a camp?
You were a cradle.

Giovanni Arpino

1 - 5 of 5 Posts