Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These two players have got to be two of the greatest talents we have seen over the last ten years. And we have been able to witness these two players in the colours of our beautiful blue and black.

Many think Adriano is the real deal and will over-shadow Ronaldo in the years to come, some people think that Ronaldo was a once-in-a-generation talent which Adriano simply isnt.

I quite simply say that Adriano's physical attributes and capabilities are something so exceptionaly special. His towering strength, great aerial abilites, phenomenal technical ability and speed make him the complete striker and foward. I think Ronaldo had a great deal of strength, and great technical ability as well as blinding speed, but physically he just doesn’t measure up against our big-boy.

When it comes to the goal-scoring aspect of it, I think Adriano has the edge in free-kicks and headers, as Ronaldo was never a good free-kick taker, and is pretty hopeless in the air.

You can also look at the impact of these two players at certain ages, I would say that Ronaldo was a much bigger talent at a younger age, he was already averaging .92 goals a game with Barcelona at the age of 20 and was scoring 30+ goals a season for PSV.

Adriano on the other hand started off much slower. He only really took off last season, and really had a case for being the world's best player this season, at the age of 21. He never really had an oppurtuniy that Ronaldo had in the easier leagues in Europe. He was Fiorentina's only hope against the world's best defences at the age of 19, and he did superbly netting 6 goals in 14 matches.

I would really love to know how you guys see these two champions in comparison with each other, and which you see as a better talent.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
I m most impressed by A10's POWER SHOTS. Really special.

How does one hit the ball that powerful and Stayed That Low. Where's the lift or backlift. Accurate too.

Many players lean forward while kicking to prevent the ball to move upwards... that will also affect the power. A10 got everything in those shots.

If a bald guy gets hit by his shot, hair shld appear.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
2 of them have different technical , ronaldo do magic dribbling , Adriano is more power , actually both of them will do great work together for Brazil ,
for me ..i like ronaldo

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
As great as Adriano is at the moment, Ronaldo of PSV, Barca and early Inter days was simply something else.

Sure Adriano has the balance and shot power edge, but Ronaldo was simply unstoppable before his injury. As much as I hate to admit it, Ronaldo was light years ahead of Adriano back in his days.

However, that doesn't mean that Ronaldo is better now. Ronaldo now isn't even half the shadow of what he used to be. Adriano is much better and certainly looks to be only improving. Lets hope he becomes more vital for Inter than Ronaldo ever was. :)

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
Ronaldo, when he's at his best.

The dribbling is too mesmorizing. That's not to say adriano can't dribble, his runs and sheer strength and balance keeps the audience breathless until the very end. His shots are crazy powerful and it's really fun to watch.

Ronaldo just seems faster, silky, and he has an amazing first touch. When everytime you see him with the ball, you know something magical is about to happen.

For me ronaldo is more entertaining. But Adriano will also be someone of great value.

So, Phuc* traitor ronaldo.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
ROnaldo and Vieri

THE PERFECT PARTNERSHIP

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
definitely ronaldo (in his old days)...ronaldo at his best is just amazing...adriano is great too but ronaldo at his best is on another level...

however, adriano can offer something ronaldo can't...which is free kick and header...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Ronaldo is the best I've ever seen playing since I'm following football closely, that is from 1993 till now. He was in one word ... *breathtaking*.

I still remember his year at Barcelona lively ... he was just lightyears above the rest. Barca-Ronaldo became a weekly drug, football never was better.
In the same period there have been other great players with pure class: Zidane ! Figo ! Baggio ! romario,Hagi,Henry and so on...
and maybe they have more qualities, but Ronaldo took the game to another level. Probably can compare it with Maradonna in his Napoli days, Cruyff at Ajax and Barcelona and the mythic Pele.
(the selfish,fat Ronaldo we all know from after his injuries is for me another player, for me they aren't the same person)

Anyway, Adriano has a long way to go to achieve that kind of greatness, if he brings Inter the scudetto, then maybe ;)

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Pele never played in barca maradona did

·
Registered
249 Posts
Correct indeed, but Cruyff did. He was at his best at Ajax, but worshipped at Barcelona. Sorry my sentence confused you.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Ronaldo

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Come on, man.

Of course it's Ronaldo.

I love Adriano too, amazing player, but like so many people on here have already said: Ronaldo at his best is something else.

There is only one El Phenomeno.

Check his goalscoring records for club and country and at any level.

P-S, Ronaldo is very good at free-kicks! Don't you guys remember him at Inter?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
o now I see. The missing comma threw me off

1 - 16 of 16 Posts