Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1356 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
50,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay this is more than speculation now. They've made the offer and some reports say it has been accepted already and now it's up to Kaka if he stays or goes. Either way it deserves a separate thread IMO as it might be the biggest transfer move in the history of AC Milan. It doesn't happen every day that a club will receive world record transfer offer for their players.

So what's the general opinion? Should we sell him? And will you be dissappointed if he says yes to Arab dollars? personally, for this price, I feel it would be dumb by the cluv to it turn down. I respect him a lot more if he says no though :)

·
Scudetto
23,388 Posts
He already said no..

All this you are reading is from the English press..

You can't expect him to say "No" every time a new rumor pops up.

·
1st Tier Poster
50,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hughes speaks about the transfer:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7830199.stm

An AC Milan spokesman told BBC Sport on Thursday that they would not be making any further comment on the "special situation", but Kaka's adviser Diogo Kotscho said his client would be open to a move if Milan wanted to sell.

Kotecho insists any move would be done for the right reasons and not just for the reported £500,000-a-week wages.

"It is not impossible, if Milan let us talk, then we will see what City have to offer," Kotscho told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"Kaka knows about the offer but the club did not give authorisation for talks, so we did not meet.

"It was a great proposal but it's not about only money.

"We have to see if they have a project to become a Champions League team and become one of the top teams in the world, and to stay there long term."

·
Registered
15,586 Posts
I would be extremely dissapointed if he went to Man City. Although it would be understandable if the club accepted those kind of money and we could buy other worldclass players with it, you just can't find another Kaká.

I would however be happy that we finally don't have to deal with Kotscho and Kaká's father who have been a pain in the ass all this time. But if you thought it was ridicoulous how Chelsea and Real Madrid are overpaying players then just wait to see what they'll demand when they know that we have €100m.

·
Scudetto
23,388 Posts
If, just a super big IF he ever leaves.. Life goes on.

Sheva left and there was Kaka to take over the reigns, if Kaka leaves, there will be someone else.

There would be Pato, and maybe also Gourcuff.

But again I stress, nothing so 'sensational' is being reported from the Italian media, it is all the English media.

So don't worry.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If we sell Kaka there's no guarantee that we will buy quality players for all the money. Remeber sheva who's sale also was a a record deal for Milan. What quality players did we buy for the money we got from Chelsea? Where did all the money go? Also our gameplay depends a lot on Kaka, before that, there was Rui. Who will orchestrate our attack from now on? I don't think Diho is up for that task (not yet at least).

·
Registered
15,586 Posts
Actually Jani it's not all the English media. Gazzetta writes that

"Kakà, il City parla col papà"

that Milan has accepted the offer and that Kaká's father will fly in to Manchester to talk.

·
Scudetto
23,388 Posts
brickeberg said:
Actually Jani it's not all the English media. Gazzetta writes that

"Kakà, il City parla col papà"

that Milan has accepted the offer and that Kaká's father will fly in to Manchester to talk.
Even then the news is almost exactly the same as the English one.

Whatever it is, it is only them saying it.

I'm still certain all this is something out of nothing.

·
Registered
15,586 Posts
Well I've decided now that I'll only listen to Kaká and the club. Kaká said yesterday that he wants to grow old in Milan, so that's what I believe, may it be naïve or not.

But the fact that the club hasn't said anything at all today is kind of weird. Let's hope it's just because they are busy with Mattioni and Agger.

·
Registered
167 Posts
He already said no..

All this you are reading is from the English press..

You can't expect him to say "No" every time a new rumor pops up.

He may have said no but all the indications are that Milan have said yes.
There is apparently another meeting planned next week – make up your own mind.

If Man City are unable sign Kaka now then they will try to do so for next season.

Agger looks set to join – either now or more likely in the summer.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Let's do it, let's do it, let's do it.

I can all picture it now. We sell Kaka for 100. First flop we're gonna buy is Adebayor for 40 million euros, who's finishing will be worse than Borriello. Than Diego for 25 million, who's going to challenge Ronaldinho for fastest player in Milan. Than Zapata who is challenging Nesta on who can stay the longer without playing. Than a DM to replace Emerson, and who other than Lucas Leiva. Than a RB, since we already got the LB & CBs. Than we'll sell Gourcuff to cover for some of the money.

Such exciting times.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I still remember how we used to react to intense speculation from AS and Marca let alone Real's sniffing around. Well, it's not happening this time around, I believe.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
I still remember how we used to react to intense speculation from AS and Marca let alone Real's sniffing around. Well, it's not happening this time around, I believe.
It probably has to do that the management has already accepted the offer:moan:. Also he hasn't been the old Kaka this season and by getting older he will never be.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Will be extremly dissapointing if the deal goes through, Silvio should act. Maybe its just the club reacting to the constant "I will only go if Milan accepts any offer" or his "advisors" constant questionable tactics to get pay raises.

·
Administrator
52,995 Posts
IF this happens, the best and easiest way to rebound from the Kaka loss is go for the jugular and buy Ribery quickly. 30-35m or so I would think. Perfect replacement, you cant ask for better (except Messi...), more or less in Kaka's level.

I totally understand why the club would listen to a 105m offer, its insane, but I would still think its utterly bizzare that Kaka goes to frigging City.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
This season's Ribery is not really worth 30 or 35. Last season's totally worth it.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
It probably has to do that the management has already accepted the offer:moan:. Also he hasn't been the old Kaka this season and by getting older he will never be.
100M is crazy, he's not worth that the way he's been playing since last spring. Kaka is a fantastic player, but you could buy 3-4 good players with that money, when you weigh the options its almost as hard to pass up as letting Kaka actually go.

The only thing I'm doubting about this transfer is whether or not Milan is ready to chance jeopordizing their season.

·
Administrator
52,995 Posts
Kaka has been inconsistent and very mediocre for 2 seasons now, and mainly a goalscorer, instead of how unstoppable he used to be (he shows glimpses, but in general, not really the same at all). Doesnt mean he is still Kaka and isnt a great player.

The same with Ribery, he is a great player, one of the guranteed few great players playing outside the top 3 leagues big clubs. He would be amazing for anyone who signs him. Not being as unstoppable in the last few months, as he was the whole last season, doesnt mean much, things like that go in minor cycles.

·
Registered
15,747 Posts
Osman is right, Ribery would be a good signing to go for. However if we did accept around £100 million for Kaka I wonder if clubs will try to squeeze that money out of us if we tried to sign a guy like Ribery. What I mean is, I think we'd get Ribery for a cheaper price if this never happened than if it did happen.

1 - 20 of 1356 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.