Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to german media, we (SV Hamburg) are interested in signing Igor Biscan for the upcoming season. He will be available for free since his contract is running out and according to press reports, he is willing to leave Liverpool because he couldn't make it into the starting team regularly. The agent of the player was quoted that Biscan is interested in joining us.
Though i don't give a s**t on statements of player's agents, Biscan seems to be a reasonable target for us since we are looking for a dm who can also play as central defender.
How do you rate Biscan, is he any good ? Strengths/weaknesses ?

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Rothose said:
According to german media, we (SV Hamburg) are interested in signing Igor Biscan for the upcoming season. He will be available for free since his contract is running out and according to press reports, he is willing to leave Liverpool because he couldn't make it into the starting team regularly. The agent of the player was quoted that Biscan is interested in joining us.
Though i don't give a s**t on statements of player's agents, Biscan seems to be a reasonable target for us since we are looking for a dm who can also play as central defender.
I've quite warmed to him recently, and will be sad to see him leave espeacially on a free, although I must say he isn't good enough for are first team but I think me made a good squad player.

He may not look it but he is quite sleek for such a big lout, although doesn't mind getting foot in, if memory serves he got sent off in his first match for Liverpool.

I don't know much about SV Hamburg, or even the German League, so I don't know if he will improve you or not.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I agree to some extent with SM online. Depends how many leave in the summer as I don't want to see a mass exodus but I think we can do better than Igor. Would be nice to get a fee but I just want the highest quality players at Anfield so if he has to go he has to go

I read that mr allardyce has cooled off on wanting to sign Diouf, I doubt we'd have got a fair price out of Bolton anyway but would be nice to have a bit of a clean out starting with him

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
tell your coach you don't want to slot him at CB ;)

he's best as a midfielder, i'd be a bit sad to see him go but we'll need better players to be challenging in EPL and Europe.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Owenization-NRG said:
tell your coach you don't want to slot him at CB ;)

he's best as a midfielder, i'd be a bit sad to see him go but we'll need better players to be challenging in EPL and Europe.
In van Buyten and Boulahrouz, we already have 2 great central defenders. But our backup central defenders all suck, therefore we are looking for an improvement.
But the main target is a DM with good passing skills who also can be creative and is able to 'open a game'.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
He's capablae of opening a game like he has done a few times when he has come on weather he can do it consistantly I don't know.

From SkySports.com

Igor Biscan's agent has revealed his client is attracting interest from Bundesliga outfit Hamburg.
The 26-year-old, who is out of contract in the summer at Liverpool, is reportedly unhappy with his current level of playing opportunities at Anfield.
Biscan's agent Gordon Stipic has now announced Hamburg are keen on him and that his long-term future could be finalised within a month.
The Croatian midfielder recently impressed in Germany after helping Liverpool to a 3-1 UEFA Champions League success over Bayer Leverkusen at the BayArena.
"I know that Hamburg are thinking about him," revealed Stipic to Hamburg-based newspaper Die Welt.
"In the next two or three weeks things could become more concrete, but first we will have to talk to Liverpool about Igor's sporting future."

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seemingly the whole 'Biscan to Hamburg' story is just a newspaper hoax invented by his agent :rolleyes:. Our sports management denied any interest in Biscan. Our coach was watching both CL games between Liverpool and Leverkusen, but he was looking at Hamann, not at Biscan..

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Rothose said:
He's fantastic, we deserve at least 12 million for him.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Shaggy Alonso said:
He's fantastic, we deserve at least 12 million for him.
you must be kidding...i'd say at least 15 million.

there's only one Zinadine Biscan :cool:

·
Registered
515 Posts
I thought Biscan was excellent v everton when he came on. I would like to see him stay at Anfield and played in his right position and not as a center half

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
The Magician said:
I thought Biscan was excellent v everton when he came on. I would like to see him stay at Anfield and played in his right position and not as a center half

ya hope he will stay with Liverpool :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Rothose said:
Our coach was watching both CL games between Liverpool and Leverkusen, but he was looking at Hamann, not at Biscan..
For a German coach, he must be quite out-of-date with football if he has to "spy" Hamann. :eek:

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any news on Biscan ? In Germany, there is renewed speculation that he might join Hamburg in the summer.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Rothose said:
Any news on Biscan ? In Germany, there is renewed speculation that he might join Hamburg in the summer.
No I expect he'll go in the summer though, infact I think his contract is up in the summer. Expect a mass clear out tbh. I would expect;
Baros
Biscan
Diouf
Cheyrou
Diarra
Vignal
Smicer
Diao
All to leave probably others aswell, as Rafa makes his mark on the club.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SM ONLINE said:
No I expect he'll go in the summer though, infact I think his contract is up in the summer. Expect a mass clear out tbh. I would expect;
Baros
Biscan
Diouf
Cheyrou
Diarra
Vignal
Smicer
Diao
All to leave probably others aswell, as Rafa makes his mark on the club.
I cannot judge most of the players you are mentioning - but Baros :eek: ? He's such a fine striker, Liverpool would be stupid to let him go...

BTW: Vignal ( playing for the Rangers at the moment, isn'T he ? ) was connected to a couple of Bundesliga teams as well - is he any good ?

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Rothose said:
I cannot judge most of the players you are mentioning - but Baros :eek: ? He's such a fine striker, Liverpool would be stupid to let him go...

BTW: Vignal ( playing for the Rangers at the moment, isn'T he ? ) was connected to a couple of Bundesliga teams as well - is he any good ?
Baros fell out wi the wrong people, has a bad attitude and has only 18months on his contract I expect he will be used as a barganing bait for someone like Aimar.

Vignal he's very good IMO, was a fine combo with Vignal at lb and Riise at lw a few years ago, don't think he'd come back to Liverpool though. You'd have to ask in the Scotish forum about how hes performed this yea, you're correct he's on loan at Rangers, I think he's done quite well though he scored a brace other week-end

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Was there not news out about a week ago that Benitez is actually willing to offer Biscan a new contract, just a one year extension i think?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts