Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ignacio Camacho Barnola the17 year old central midfielder made his first appearance for the club in Atletico Madrid's 4-2 victory over FC Barcelona lasting 68 minutes in which was a steady performance from one so young, what did you think of his debut and his future?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
He´s only 17?!? Played really well against Barca, although his yellow card, which was teh reason for subbing him, was a bit childish. Other than that he looked really promising!

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ignacio Camacho was one of the standout players in Atlético de Madrid’s victory over Barcelona. The youth team player couldn’t have had a better debut with the first squad, as, besides contributing to the win, shone at a great level. “The important thing was to earn the win and we got it. They were three very important points for the team. My performance is secondary and now we have to think about the encounter against Zaragoza, which is going to be very complicated,” stressed the player.

The Atleti midfielder continued to analyse the match against Barcelona, and assured that “we knew very well how we had to play them. We didn’t let them move in the opening minutes. Despite the goal that we gave up, we didn’t get down and we levelled without feeling nervous and then got the goals that gave us the win.”

“I felt very backed by the entire group. Before the clash began, Aguirre told me to play as in my usual style; I tried to do that and I’m leaving very happy with the three points we earned,” he finished.

Atletico Official Website

·
Registered
44,371 Posts
Nacho is Atléticos future and I hope he gets the chance to play at La Romareda this weekend because it's where he originally arrived from, Real Zaragoza.

The guy is obviously very mature for his age, doesn't complicate things once getting the ball. Plays with composure even though he didn't show it fully against Barcelona (Who can blame him? I mean, he's 17 years old and makes his debut against such a big team in such an important game).

He'll surely get stronger in a year or two, some work in the gym and he'll become a very important member of this team. Continues to impress every time I see him play, Barcelona-game wasn't a exception as he had two misstakes, one where Perea threw away the ball and he had to foul after a minute of play, the other one after getting that booking on Andrés Iniesta.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Camacho started in the game vs Sevilla, played very well also, the only thing he needs to do is work on his discipline, in the games he has played he has been getting booked for stupid fouls, but this comes with being young, he'll get past this

·
Registered
44,371 Posts
He's obviously not the only guy who needs to work on his discipline in this team.

I'd agree though, his foul on Diego Capel was absolutely unnecessary, he got away that time, but still took a "good" yellow card when he stopped a counter attack. He's very good defensively and even starts our attacks on both ocassions when we score. He can get even more composed but he's obviously still learning.

I believe you have to be given a season to know the majority of all teams when you're this young. His partnership is with Raúl García has been great so far though and I'm hoping to see even more of them in the future :thmbup:

Nacho is a natural leader, it's so easy to see that.

·
anti-epl
2,076 Posts
Good to see some home grown player in ur squad.Just noticed u don't have any of those.Heck even real madrid have a few.

And hows Pichu Atienza?Hes good in FM.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Back on topic, I think Camacho and Raul Garcia could be Spains future midfield pairing obviously pending on whether they progress rightly, i am hoping he will play a big role in the remaining games of the season and get us in the Champions League

1 - 9 of 9 Posts