Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FIFA today decided to give the IFA and the Austrian football federation a 48,000 euro worth compensations following the postponment of the qualifier match last october.

2 remarks:

1. That is a ludicrous amount...44 elef shekel is nothing to cover for the huge damage it caused us...i believe that had we played Austria in the original date we'd have qualified....

2. Why do they pay Austria as well?? Weren't the Austrians the one who asked to postpone the match?? Were they damaged by it in any sort of way?? :confused:

That's fifa for u..

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
It's actually 215,000 shekels, not 44. The problem is that we can't really put a monetary amount on something that might've happened if. What they should pay us back is for all the fans and players that were hurt from the fact the game was postponed.

As for your second point I agree. What exactly was Austria's loss out of it? It was indeed their request to postpone the match.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Agreed, totally ridiculous but what can you do. Now I wondere what will UEFA give Hapoel TA for removing the most important game in their history away from home.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I think compensating a team like Austria is absolutely herandous and disgusting attitude that FIFA performed....

Its just proved that Mr. Blatter, corrupted as he is, puts checks under the table for his own sake.

If a country like Austria, did such an impression to postpone the game and or move it to a neutral venue, than i think they should be fined for it.

Not only that, they caused a huge damadge to Israeli football. Not for so many years that i can remember, did teams refuse to play in Israel for security reasons. Security was brought and Austria found a string hole and made the whole thing look innocently cocky!

I respect, yes, respect Spain, eventhough i am not a huge fan...I think that in June 5, they did something which was good...
On June 1 there was a disco bombing, a couple of miles from the Stadium. They didn't care, by June 5th they were training and ready for the game.

:) I respect that......

Austria was scared to repeat 5-0 as usuall!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts