Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now if you wrote a book, what would you write about? Assuming you had the time, will and patience (and talent ;)). What subject? long one? Several books about a character? General story? Or documentary?

I give my answer later and will ponder upon how many that will write books about themself. :D

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
will be one collection of what i wrote in my diary since 1990 until 2000:D
...because when i reading again what i wrote on it i laugh so much:howler: ...and i'm sure will be a funny book! :howler:

10 Years talking ONLY about silly football things ... :eek:

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
JKris said:
You mean like Danish football players? Yeah, they are pretty silly, just ask Glen or Laudrup. :D
:howler: :howler: :howler: ... unfortunately i started only in 1997 writing about danish football players:rolleyes: ...before i wrote about one unknown italian(...now he's in Serie B:howler: )

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Ideally my book would transcend all genre and be so great that in 1000 years time there will be billions of people basing their lives on what I shall write.

Failing that i would prefer to write a screenplay for a movie, as that seems a bit easier than writing a novel as i can always blame the director and actors if the movie is shit :D

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
I'd write a story about my crew (as it would remind of Trainspotting)...

Later, if I get smarter, I'd decide that it's greatest time for me to comprehend that the new modernity (hopefully by the time when/if I get smarter not already out-dated) demands pure aesthetic work, which deprived of the oh-so-o-o typical soc-nurturing plots, yet concentrates on the building of sense of style and pleasure in the inner self.

I do hope that I myself would be able to get the point of that what I am gonna write.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Writing a book is one of the things I wish to accomplish in life. The past few years have been very fruitful in terms of ticking against my to-do list in life, including skiing, whale-watching, writing a LOTR spoof, making it to Old Trafford, watching a RHCP concert, learning how to cook, etc... now I need to, among other things, leg it to a World Cup match, visit the Macchu Picchu, learn how to play the goddam guitar and overcome my fear of fish so that I can go diving. Plus, learning how to look at a lizard without first screaming and going hysterical would be a major achievement for me. ;)

But I'll write the book for myself, wouldn't get it published or anything (not that any publisher would come knocking on my door :tongue: )... it's something I'd like to do for myself, and maybe a few loved ones, if they can be arsed to read it. :stuckup: I've written a few spoofs, but spoofs are not quite original and I'd like to do something non-humorous. Not sure what kind of story it would be, but I'd like the setting to be by the sea. :) And no, the book will not be about myself, I'm far too elusive for that... :cool: though I'll pepper the characters with bits of myself.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
I've written loads of short stories for myself, I haven't sent any for publication. I might end up writing a novel or something - it'd probably be a fictitious travelogue..

I'd love to write plays. :)

·
Ronny
1,698 Posts
I would've write a book about my views of life. Philosophy, Ideology, Spirit, Belief. I'm a person who believes in one truth, unfortunately (though i like it that way). I manage to prove people they are wrong, and shape their lives according to this one truth. I wouldn't like that to go to waste.

I guess that i should start writing, eh? :)

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I would write a book based on the experiences I have had in my life. It would probably be a story about life in general. It cover a lot of emotions that people go through during their life time.

·
Administrator
29,695 Posts
I have stop to write some stuff, some moderm day fantasy, some child stories for my twin sisters, some random poems, science fiction,in the end anything could cross my mind (i keep up a pencil beneath my pillow to write down anything that comes in my mind during the night without the risk of forgetting it before turning lights on)....as A&K, i wrote just because and let friends read it and I care little for what will happen after that...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts