Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, i'm just a tad bored;)

If you could go back to the begining of the season and you chose between having Makelele stay at the club and not purchasing Beckham, what would your choice be?

Do you think that Beckham has made our team better? Or do you think our record thus far would've been better right now + Make, and - Becks.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
becks

1. he is a hard working player, can play in 3 diff positions
2. he is younger
3. he gives us money ;)
4. we sold a 31 year old for 25m
5. we made the best start for a season

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Hm, marketing wise..it was really an excellent move....Beckham for 30 million euros and sold Makelele for 16million euros(not so sure about that Sum)....but then again, Madrid seems to struggle quite often when teams counter attacks....

If i m the club president...i would be happy with how things goes..next summer will be a different story..

·
Registered
462 Posts
Real_Madrid said:
becks

1. he is a hard working player, can play in 3 diff positions
2. he is younger
3. he gives us money ;)
4. we sold a 31 year old for 25m
5. we made the best start for a season
Hehe, you said it all right, no more proof.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Real_Madrid said:
makelele was sold for 23.5m so it was an excellent deal for us
Ok, then its a great deal.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But money aside, was it for the good of the team football wise?

I do agree though, since statistically we've actually conceded less without Makelele as shown in another thread.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Beckham hands down
For all the reasons above and more.

1. We have a better season so far than last year.
2, We seem to fight more on the away matches,
Beckham has brogugh a high working rate while playing
at home or away, his teamates has noticed him and imitate.
3. We get more exposure worldwide becouse of him and yes
that generates more money and more quality players will dream
to wear our jerseys.
4. makele is 31 and Beck is 6 years younger
5. Makele now dont have a Zidane 5 feet from him and is not looking quit impressive at Chelsea nowdays.

T

·
0 Posts
Alter Ego said:
Beckham hands down
For all the reasons above and more.

1. We have a better season so far than last year.
2, We seem to fight more on the away matches,
Beckham has brogugh a high working rate while playing
at home or away, his teamates has noticed him and imitate.
3. We get more exposure worldwide becouse of him and yes
that generates more money and more quality players will dream
to wear our jerseys.
4. makele is 31 and Beck is 6 years younger
5. Makele now dont have a Zidane 5 feet from him and is not looking quit impressive at Chelsea nowdays.
Beckham is 28, not 25.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
you must be bored:D

·
Go for 400, Raúl!
2,008 Posts
If this had been the real choice, then no doubt, Becks has been a right decission, even if I had all the possible doubts when he came.
But this has not been the case. It's been a question of deciding how much money Makelele was worth, and I think we really shouldn't concede what the player wanted.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
You cant really compare last seasons games to this as it is a totally different set of circumstances. It can never be a like for like comparison as there are so many different factors to take into account. Ronaldo for example didnt really get going for a while last season whereas he has hit the ground running this season for obvious reasons.

If I were the coach I wouldnt have sacrificed Makelele for Beckham. Only unless there were other buys to compensate for the loss of the Frenchman who for me was without a doubt a pivotal member of the team. Of course Beckham has been brilliant this season and I wouldnt say I regret his signing, simply that things could have been done differently.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Hoseman said:
Of course Beckham has been brilliant this season and I wouldnt say I regret his signing, simply that things could have been done differently.
You could have both of them in the team.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Sorry to say guys but Beckham in Real Madrid looks like a lost kid in the park. Its just aint his place, style of play and he is not playing well. Real Madrid might have made loads ofm oney off of him, but honest, You guys were playing a whole lot better last year and you know how I dont really like Real.
Beckham should have stayed in ManU.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Kiyan said:
But money aside, was it for the good of the team football wise?

I do agree though, since statistically we've actually conceded less without Makelele as shown in another thread.
well, as i said in previous thread. Football wise, its a fact Madrid is struggling...i dont know whether the playes lost form or the defenders are not doing enough. But what Madrid need is a DM and also a DC. and a world class one in fact, now that will make your squad strong.

But not as strong as milan:tongue:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Falcão83 said:
Sorry to say guys but Beckham in Real Madrid looks like a lost kid in the park. Its just aint his place, style of play and he is not playing well. Real Madrid might have made loads ofm oney off of him, but honest, You guys were playing a whole lot better last year and you know how I dont really like Real.
Beckham should have stayed in ManU.
Nothing new here, there's so many anti-Bekham fans now in days ever since he joined Real Madrid that I'm not surprised, keep it up man.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Hmm.. playing wise, we got defense more in terms of marking and less in tackling (I mean the ´right´ ones without cards). This might work this season but when our opponents figured that out, we need a new gameplan.

Moentary wise, needless to say its a fantastic deal..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts