Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the deal, I was having an interesting conversation with my friend, and thought I would bring it to the forums:

Assume that due to some weird Seria A regulation, Inter are banned, starting from now, from purchasing any South American player (Especially Argies :sweeteye: ).

You are allowed all Italian players, and to make things easier, one international player (who isnt from South America like I mentioned).

Who, in that case, would YOU buy to strengthen our squad?

(oh, and realistic targets only, I.E we cant magically pull off a Del-Piero or Pirlo buy)

Here is my take:

Goalkeepers: We are secure with Toldo, Cesar, and Carini coming back from his loan, no changes here.

Wingbacks: Since Inter have already purchased Maxwell / Maicon, we are secure at our LB / RB positions. Just get rid of Wome, and keep Favalli for his experience.

DC: We also have an extremley solid central defense with Cordoba / Samuel and Burdisso / Matrix as there back up, so no changes here either.

Midfielders:

Central:
Reports are indicating that C.Z is on his way to Juve, and that Veron wants to stay another year, which in turn, means that Pizzaro will most probably leave. I am going to carry that assumption throughout.

As a back up for Veron, I would take Enzo Maresca. Underrated, which means his price wont be high, a hard worker who doesn't complain, great vision and passing, so can easily replace Veron, or can even partner him in case greater creativity is needed. Rotate them both to avoid fatigue / keep them fresh.

As a back up to Cambiasso, I was thinking Danielle De Rossi, but I seriously doubt Roma would sell him, and even if they did, I doubt he would settle for a place in the Inter bench.
I would grab Sulley Ali Muntari from Udinese (there, I used up my international player.) A pitbull like Davids, while having great vision and passing. Can also partner Cambiasso or Maresca if more defense in the midfield is needed, while not sacrificing our creative flair by much.

Wingers; Right wing:

Figo is aging, but I dont think we need a replacement for him. I would say instead of playing Deki as a LM, rotate between him and Figo in the right midfield, since Stankovic seems to preform better on the right anyways. This will keep both players fresh, and I excpect that Figo will be injured more often next season due to his age, so this system will work in that case too.

Left wing:

Get rid of Solari, and keep kily. Kily has amazing potential, and is very agressive, so he can be our defensive option on the left when needed. I would buy Mouro Esposito from Calgari as our attacking option, he is an extremly talented player.

Strikers:

Loan out Martins, sell Cruz. Martins needs more 1st team football to mature, and lets face it, he isnt getting much time with Inter. Even when he does, he doesn't seem to know what he is doing. A loan should do him good.
As far as Cruz goes, although he has been our "supersub", the reality is, he is not of Inter standards.

So who do we have left? Adriano and Recoba.

As far as Recoba goes, he is immense when he plays, but he is injured more often than not. So we need someone that can effectivley replace Recoba, but that wouldn't mind sitting on the bench whenever Recoba is fit to play.
I would go with Miccolli. Again, a hardworker, and his form with Benfica has been superb. He can also be the perfect partner for Adriano, as he can play behind him with Adriano the target man, and we all no how lethel Adriano can be as a target man who does not need to drop back and support the midfield. Micolli is also agressive, so along with Adriano they can break up attacks by annoying the opposing defenders when they have the ball.

Now, we need someone who can replace Adriano. Again, someone who wouldnt mind sitting as a sub. I am fond of Luca Toni, but he will never settle for the bench. And in all honesty, sitting him at the bench is a waste of his talents. So I would go with another Fiorentina player, Gianpaolo Pazzini. A youngster, with all the potential, lethel finishing and excellent arial ability. A classic target man, and no doubt an excellent buy for the future.

Provided Mancini can keep players happy by rotating them effectivley and not fistfighting with players (e.g, the Materazzi fiasco), I think this system would work since there will be a high competetion for places, and the rotation would keep players fresh.

So, to summarise, this would be the team:
(1st line being my first selection, 2nd line 2nd selection / rotation players)

Toldo
Cesar

Capitano --- Cafe Colombia --- The Wall -- Maxwell
Maicon --- Burdisso ------ Matrix ------ Favalli

Deki ------- Seba ------ Cuchu ------- Esposito
Figo ------- Maresca --- Muntari ----- Kily

Miccolli - Emparatore
Chino ---- Pazzini.

3 Italian players, one international (Muntari from Ghana).
What do you guys think? What would your choices be?

Let the discussion begin!

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Great topic, great post!

This is my end squad:

Goalkeepers: Keep Toldo as the starter, Cesar becomes the backup, and Carini is let go. Orlandoni is signed for another year.

Defenders:

RB- Javier Zanetti stays as the starter, as he grooms the incoming Maicon to be a star of the world.

CB- Cordoba, Materazzi, Samuel, Burdisso- all stay to become a unit. Andreolli is brought up to be groomed with the first team. Miha becomes an Inter defender coach.

LB- Favalli is resigned to a one year contract, to help the incoming Maxwell either start or be a great backup (more likely start). Wome is let go at the end of his contract.

Midfielders:

RW- Figo stays as the starter, but Esposito is brought in to be groomed as Inter's RW in 2007.

LW- Dejan Stankovic stays as the starter, but Solari is let go along with Kily Gonzalez. Cesar is resigned to be a backup, one year deal should do. He is adequate for backup, quite solid, not spectacular.

CM- Cambiasso stays, but Zanetti leaves. In his place, I recommend bringing in Corini from Palermo. Great player. Italian. Veron stays for one more year, but Pizarro might or might not leave, if he stays, we are fine. If he leaves, then I'm afraid we will have to sign another great Italian- Alberto Aquilani.

Forwards:

Recoba's tenure at Inter finally ends, injuries have denied us the joy of his play for the money we give him. Oba Martins and Cruz stay as backups, while Adriano stays as a starter. Real Madrid decide to cash in on the "investment" Cassano.

And finally, the moves:

Out:

Wome (free)
Carini (free)
Miha (free)
Kily (free)
Solari (2.5 million euros)
Zanetti (free)
Pizarro (7 million euros, Inter will get just less than what they paid)
Recoba (free)

In:

Orlandoni (resigned)
Favalli (resigned)
Maicon (free)
Maxwell (free)
Cesar (resigned)
Esposito (6 million euros)
Corini (4 million euros)
Aquilani (11 million euros)
Cassano (9 million euros)

THE TEAM:

===================Toldo========================
==================Cesar/Orlandoni=================

====Figo==========Veron======Cambiasso=====Stankovic=
====Esposito=======Aquilani=====Corini==========Cesar==

===============Cassano======Adriano===============
================Oba==========Cruz===============

Coach: Mancini IF we get to the CL Final, that is the test for him. You are on the clock Mancio.

Hitzfeld will likely be the new coach if you FAIL Mancio. You selfish man, do what is best- get to the final, or your time is up. That is a threat.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Two really cool posts. Seems loike you guys had a lotta time to make them . .

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
A Pulsar threat. Mancini is soooooooo scared.

Whats he gonna do next ? Beg Matrix to provide him with some mafia protection from Al the Man ?

:D

·
Banned
9,221 Posts
martins hasnt got much first team football at inter? thats simply bullshit, he has gotten alot of playing time, get your facts straight :undecide:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Al Capone, great choices with Aquilani and Corini. Aqualni has shown good attacking flair, and Corini as a great leader in midfield. :thumbsup:

Azzkikr said:
martins hasnt got much first team football at inter? thats simply bullshit, he has gotten alot of playing time, get your facts straight :undecide:
True, he has gotten playtime, I screwed that part up, I apologise for that, but the fact remains that he still needs more time to mature, which is why I think he should be loaned out for a season. Especialy since I think that the loan would motivate him more, since he will have to proove his worth for the team.

rishabh16 said:
Two really cool posts. Seems loike you guys had a lotta time to make them . .
Yip, currenlty on holiday, with nothing better to do than spend time thinking about inter (and barca) :howler: :).

·
Registered
57,842 Posts
Aquilani is overrated. I don't find anything special in him to be honest.

And why would Palermo sell their captain ? doubt it would happen. Plus Corini is very old. But I do rate him highly. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Pulsar I see you have changed your avatar again !

Wome really that inspirational for you ?

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Banned
734 Posts
al capone u poser now ur all italian cheering on mancini, u hypocritc, you arent fooling me, admit you will be cheering on italy in the world cup

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
u poser ?? :confused:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Its a great topic simply because Inter should buy more Italians or at least Europeans.

I would like to see Maresca and Miccoli join Iner and Esposito too and these are all realistic propositions. I also think of Iaquinta and Barone as back-up players for guys, while in the defence I also agree that there is not really a need for change at all.

Toldo; J. Zanetti, Cordoba, Samuel, Maxwell; Veron, Cambiasso, Stankovic; Figo, Adriano, Miccoli.

--------------------------------Toldo-----------------------------
------J. Zanetti---------Cordoba--------Samuel-----Maxwell-------
-------------------------------Cambiasso------------------------
--------------------Veron-------------Stankovic------------------
---------Figo---------------------------------------Miccoli--------
---------------------------------Adriano--------------------------

Bench: Julio Cesar, Carini; Maicon, Matrix, Burdisso, Andreolli, Favalli; Maresca, Barone, M. Esposito, Cesar; Recoba, Iaquinta.

I think that squad can play many different formations, is flexible and class and also has some Italians even if I only include 2 in the starting line-up. I would say that Maresca and Esposito in particular would win their places during the season.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Its a great topic simply because Inter should buy more Italians or at least Europeans.

I would like to see Maresca and Miccoli join Iner and Esposito too and these are all realistic propositions. I also think of Iaquinta and Barone as back-up players for guys, while in the defence I also agree that there is not really a need for change at all.

Toldo; J. Zanetti, Cordoba, Samuel, Maxwell; Veron, Cambiasso, Stankovic; Figo, Adriano, Miccoli.

--------------------------------Toldo-----------------------------
------J. Zanetti---------Cordoba--------Samuel-----Maxwell-------
-------------------------------Cambiasso------------------------
--------------------Veron-------------Stankovic------------------
---------Figo---------------------------------------Miccoli--------
---------------------------------Adriano--------------------------

Bench: Julio Cesar, Carini; Maicon, Matrix, Burdisso, Andreolli, Favalli; Maresca, Barone, M. Esposito, Cesar; Recoba, Iaquinta.

I think that squad can play many different formations, is flexible and class and also has some Italians even if I only include 2 in the starting line-up. I would say that Maresca and Esposito in particular would win their places during the season.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'd get Cassano, Barzagli, Grosso and Miccoli.

·
Expecto patronum!
13,563 Posts
-----------------------------Toldo---------------------------

J. Zanetti--------Samuel--------------Cordoba--------Pasquale

Figo-----------Aquilani---------------Cambiasso------Stankovic

-------------------Martins----------Adriano------------------

Bench: Curci, Zaccardo, Burdisso, Materazzi, Andreolli, Grosso, Solari, Recoba, Lucarelli.

Players out: Julio Cesar, Carini, Mihajlovic, Wome, Favalli, Kily Gonzalez, C. Zanetti, Veron, Pizzaro, Cruz

Players in: Curci, Pasquale, Aquilani, Zaccardo, Grosso, Lucarelli

1 - 20 of 41 Posts