Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any striker from previous generations in Scottish National teams and have them in our current squad, who would it be? I've mentioned just a few but theres lots more out there, or is there ;)

Kenny Dalglish

Caps 102

Goals 30

Denis Law

Caps 55

Goals 30

Joe Jordan

Caps 52

Goals 11

Andy Gray

Caps 20

Goals 7

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I would have to go for Dennis, he's aberdonian :D, probably the best goal ratio, and also cause dalglish played for the s*** half of merseyside ;)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Just to add a name..he should have played more for Scotland.

Jimmy Mc Grory from the Garngad

When he did play against England [twice] he scored and Scotland won...
550 goals for Celtic

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
615 Posts
Yeah....but thats crazy..the guy scores 5 goals in 7 games..and he doesn't get picked again ? Let's just say..That wouldn't happen anymore ...Thank God

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well back then there was a lot, and I mean a lot of politics involved in our National game. Likely part of the reason why Jinky only got 23 caps.

Lets just say the folk behind the SFA used to pick the National team.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Has to be The LawMan. The mere mention of his name makes my father spring into life.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
What's wrong with James McFadden?
Yes to be fair to McPuddin, he appears to be coming on to a good game at Everton. Quite the contributor to their revival, by all accounts. He's more of a wide forward as opposed to an out and out goalscorer - a scorer of great goals, if you will.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Has anyone seen his goal at the weekend? :thumbsup:

Now thats the form we need him in.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AMOROSO! said:
I was being sarcastic about McFadden for god's sake! :D
We're not, well at least I'm not :D

I like the wee man, he isnt called the headless Chicken for nothing. He's got so much potential and if managed properly could score a good few goals for us.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Who's playing up front for Scotland along with McFadden nowadays anyway? Miller? Dickov? I honestly can't think of a single Scottish striker playing for Rangers or Celtic apart from Maloney.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its usually Kenny Miller, who'll be at Celtic in the summer.

Other Scottish Strikers at the old firm are Kris Boyd Ross McCormack of Rangers who haven't been capped yet. Celtic have Craig Beattie who's been capped twice. Maloney is a winger, he has been played up front but its not his natual position.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Miller has been doing well for Scotland- scoring regular. That partnership doesn't work though with McFadden. The problem with Faddy is that he doesn't appear to have a natural position but I would see him either playing behind the strikers or out on the wing.

We also have O'Connor who I think is probably the best partner for Miller. Riordan is another player termed as a striker but again for me he fits in the McFadden bracket.

Dargo might be one to come on the scene if he can keep himself fit but he's too like Miller to form a partnership. We don't seem to have the tall, strong Niall Quinn type partner we need for our smaller, quick strikers. Duncan Ferguson would have been the obvious choice had he not been too old, too injury prone and too huffy.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts